What's the consensus on....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

allgrownup

Digital PH and TDS meters here. there's a bunch on ebay with varying price. What's everyone else using and where are you getting it?

Seeds are germinating as i type

Thx

We get most of our stuff on ebay if not all of it. ;)

nutradip trimeter at a local hydro store

I bought one of the PH meters off of ebay, I think total was around $25 which included shipping and haven't had any problems. I bought the stuff to calibrate it at the local hydro store and it stays calibrated perfectly.

JD

i would get a PH meter but i cant as they are expensive in my country for some reason.

We use a nutriculture drip and vial thing. its pretty shoddy but its a nice cheap alternative

the el cheapo on ebay... dirt cheap and works 100% The guys name is eagle scale co

Hanna, Truncheon, Nutradip, Milwaukee are the best I believe...I did get my Hanna combo meter used off of ebay. No temperature compensation though.

I got the Milwaukee on ebay with temp for 22.75. Came today...tried it and it seems dead on? any way my TDS 176 and my PH 7.6. I know the ph is high but what about the TDS, wahts optimal. I will be using Fox Farms in DWC.

Thx

I had Hanna gro check combo, but the Ph part quit working, bought a new electrode, still wont work. Luckely the TDS does still work.

So I bought a Milwaukee Ph pen forgot the model but its the blue one
It works great and is very handy to take around to my plants.

The reading you want for your TDS will vary. Some calculate with .7 and others .5. Some meters you can set which one you use. The best thing to do is to mix up a gallon of RO water and nutes, then check the TDS. There will be your reading. RO water will read 00 TDS so you will be reading the nutes. I use General Hydroponic micro (8ml pr gallon) and bloom (16ml pr gallon). This is referred to as the "lucas formula", and has allways worked well for me.

The amounts of micro and bloom I posted above are meant for flowering. I would use half that strength for vegg.

fox farms Grow Big ratio states 1tsp per gallon. My plants only have a couple leaves on top and are about 3 inches tall.

what is RO water? regular old water? i didn't measure exactly how much water i put in the DWC. i just filled it to just above the netpots.

i was going to shoot for a 1/2 teaspoon to approximate gallon and after a couple weeks go to full 1tsp. then double it for flowering with blooming nutes.

is this correct?

I'm not sure about fox farm nutes mixture. I believe one tsp = 5ml. RO water is Reverse Osmosis. Its the best quality of water to use on MJ. Distilled water would also be good. Usually tap water will have too many minerals in it and will mess with your reading. Maybe someone here that uses fox farms can help you with a mixture. Rain water also has a low tds, but I'm in the boonies where the air is clean. Measure your water before and after the addition of nutrients. Subtract the before from the after and you have the nute level.

Latest posts

Back