What's the plan man?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph James

What's goin on?
Reaction score
Just wanted to fill you guys in on my plans.

I have two closets in my guest room; one will be used for veg and one for flower. Right now im doing a bag seed grow but when it is complete i will start a new grow.

The plan for that grow is to start one Feminized seed and turn her directly into a mother. Then i will use a daisy cloner and take 8 clones off her every time she's ready. Then introduce a sea of green production into the 400 watt hps flowering closet 8 by 8!

pretty simple huh?

Thanks for reading...want some rep??? lol

That a big closet 8x8 and the hieght is the same?

ur on a Roll though..

Sorry dude...i must have confused you...the closets are about 6 feet tall, 6 feet wide and 3 feet deep.

What i meant is that the clones will be introduced into the flowering closet 8 at a time.

Im not going for a huge grow...just a small productive one.

Thanks dude!

I just Pulled my 2 plants out of my closet just like urs, with a 400 watt in there; the light had burn the leafs and it was up as high as it can go and the light was 18 inches from the plant and it was a mess after a few months.!!
I put them in the dresser Box I made and with cfl's and the leafs r turnning green agaian Yea. But it to clost harvest and not a chance to get to much help on making them Look Better..

So becarefull with a 400 watt Hps in there..

Thanks man... I've read that HIDs only yield a 1/4 the lumens at 2 feet of distance, so I'm hoping with the help of exhaust i can keep the light within 12 inches max. This way I get the full 50,000. Though I hope it works out as planned because I know that not every thing is like you read.

The basic plan is to harvest 8 SOG clones every 2 months.

Thanks for reading flyinghigh...heres you rep!

Maybe i cant give you rep! Every time i go to give some one rep...it just says " you cannot give rep in the same post twice " what the??? I'm gonna have to ask the mods what is going on.

here's what I have been noticing with doing something similar to what you are planning...

these are my observations so far...

when I started flowering this first batch, I had JUST completed my veg box. the plan is to do a similar situation as you... sustain mothers to provide clones, veg the clones in the veg box until the flower box is available again, and flower the next batch immediately...

well... this system seems to be working out timewise IF you use the right set of lights in the veg area... this is my observation I was talking about... when I had bright white CFL's in the box, the little tiny girls favored this light, however, they grew very little (height wise) - tight nodel spacing, but didn't get very big... after a couple of weeks, they seemed to start to favor Daylight CFL's and grew in a more normal fashion.

so this is my observation... trying to get the clones to root favored cool/bright white CFL's, and then once rooted, they favored the daylight CFL's - that's just what I found... 'course, I'm just a crazy man talking, so u take it from there.... ;)

Thanks Crazy Guy!

I was planning on using the light which I already have for veg. It's the 10,000 lumen grow spectrum fluoro from htgs. This light works great for veg. And I don't plan on vegging the clones at all...just getting them nice and rooty in the daisy cloner then putting them under the 400 watt sodium. So one mother plant and one 8 sight cloner in the veg room will be all.

One thing i am pondering though is if the mother will produce the 8 clones faster then they can flower. In that case how should I handle the mommy from getting to big? I don't want her to get to big.

Hey there JJ. Sounds like a great setup. I can't wait to see some pics of your operation in action. It will be very productive once you get the setup going. I would say 6 feet of vertical space is plenty enough for a 400 watt hps. I am currently using a 400 watt hps and I keep it about 12 inches away from the tops with absolutely no problems at all. I have a couple fans blowing on the plants and lights and have had no burn at all. Mine are very lush and green. If you have good ventilation, I wouldn't worry about it at all. If your mother is a decent size, she will produce more clones that you will possibly be able to use. As for keeping her at a decent height, I would say keep her in a kind of small container. That will prevent root growth and keep her reasonably small. I would say nothing bigger than a 1 gallon pot. I am anxiously awaiting pictures of this operation my friend. I wish you the best of luck and I hope everything works out ok. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care.

Thanks Smoky...I cant wait to get this going my self! It's going to be a bit though. That answers my Q about the mother, thanks man.

I think i will be going with this strain once i get all my hardware:

Brazilian indica come from the Amazonic forest. Very vigorous and leafy, grows wild in the jungle, nevertheless is cropped by natives who use it like a medicine for alleviating pains of women in childbirth. Is a powerful and narcotic variety and has a bittersweet taste, produces great buds that bend the trunks by its own weight.

• Race: Pure race obtained from Brazilian forest.
• Genotipe: 75% Indica
• High: Less than 1.5 m indoor/ until 3 meters outdoor
• Wide: Depending on prune. Some branched without prune.
• Growing time: One month
• Harvest time: 55 –60 days indoor/average October outdoor/pollitano
• Resistance to mushrooms: High because belongs to wet clime
• Yield: 400 gr per m2 indoor/ 500 – 600 gr per plant outdoor
• Medicinal value: High
• Smell: Strong. Flavour: Citric.
• Effects: Energetic
• THC Level: 18.1%

Brazil_amazonia_feminised.jpg

Joseph James said:
....Im not going for a huge grow...just a small productive one....

Very nice! That's the way to do it!

As far as getting that 400w HPS 12inches from the tops of the plants, good luck man. My 175w has to sit about 16-20inches from the tops of the plants. Seriously, i would sacrifice a little of the lumesn and ensure they dont get burned....

HID lamps just get soooo hot, its just their nature! If you have a fan blowing directly over the tops of the plants they will whither up and die as well, been there and done that, lol!

Grow smart....raise it up high and slowly lower it down.....

Nova

Hey nova...are you using exhaust on your light? If so..and you still cant get it within 12 inches...thats bad news to me man.

I don't think people are grasping the concept of why you can't put a HID too close to the girl...

you can have a HID in an enclosed hood fully exhausted, but you still cannot have it too close to the light... it will still burn the plant... not from kinetic heat radiation, but from light/heat radiation emitted from the bulb... same idea as getting a sunburn.

hey joseph james ,,,this looks like a fun one to watch are you doing a journal?:tokie:

Sorry Melissa, these are just plans that I am making for the upcoming months. Am i retarted? lol

That crazy vancouver guy said:
I don't think people are grasping the concept of why you can't put a HID too close to the girl...

you can have a HID in an enclosed hood fully exhausted, but you still cannot have it too close to the light... it will still burn the plant... not from kinetic heat radiation, but from light/heat radiation emitted from the bulb... same idea as getting a sunburn.

I did not know that.

So are you saying with full exhaust 12 inches is still to close? I really don't want to exceed this distance by much, I WANT FULL POWER!

12 inches distance sounds reasonable right?

Your best bet is to sacrifice some of that power and hang the light up higher, or get a more powerful fixture and hang the light higher. Either, hang the light higher!!!

My grow rooms were outside, fully vented, and two of my girls grew so fast they got burned to a crisp on the top and hermied on me. They were about 3ft from my 1000w HPS when that happened....I would seriously raise to 2ft....you wont be losing that many lumens, not enough to affect much.

Just my recommendation, but they are your babies!

Nova

I'm sure they did get burned with a 1000 watt Nova. I'm using a 400 watt hps system and my plant tops are never farther than 12 inches from the bulb itself. I have two 9 inch fans blowing on the lights and plant tops and I have never had any problems with burning my plant tops. If I could upload some good pictures without having to crop the heck out of them, I would show you. 12 to 14 inches is the norm for a 400 watt hps or mh though. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back