When is best time to trim undergrowth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfinc

Reaction score
Have 7 plants under a 1000 and seem to want to take more under growth off..day 10 flower now...usually take clones at end of veg and dont need to trim after flower starts but hey always something new right??
Any thoughts on best time to trim lower stuff off??

it all depends on the strain and stretch of your phenotype, i usually trim the bottom 10% at the end of week one, two and three into flowering or at least until the plant decides to start her new flower bud stage when you start to see all the hairs appearing. the trick is to envision what nodes will end up having less than 50% light by week 5 or so and just go ahead and cut those guys right off. sacrifice the bottom to give to the top.

I do all my trimming prior to placing in flower.

I don't want to stress my girl out when I need her to use all her energy in making buds

When I flip to 12/12, 5 weeks from the day the seed was planted, I trim the bottom 5 sets of limbs. They look pitiful but recover very quickly. I really believe that I could trim more but that is my happy medium.

trim when ever its needed...specially if the light dot get to the lower plant..

i read not to touch during preflower....anyone ever hear that before??

Latest posts

Back