White spots on a few leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budz4me

Reaction score
Hey all, budz here. My girl is entering week 7 of flowering tomorrow.

I have noticed some of the fan leaf tops have some white dots....not all of them...just a few, and all on lower bud sites..the main 2-3 colas are fine. Here is pic.

IMG_0256.JPG

BUG ATTACK!!! :eek: You need to take a very careful and close look at the tops and undersides of the leaves with a very good magnifying lens that is at least 20x or stronger. There are several different "leaf juice suckers" that will do that. Thrips and mites are the 2 most notorious.

How much longer do they have to flower? From the looks of them, maybe 2 weeks? If so then you may not be able to do much without risking the buds.

Yeah, just got my SNS 209 too, but too late to use on this girl. I am thinking atleast 2 weeks left...I am dropping the nutes this week to help flush.

If you have two weeks i would use the sns if the label says you can... That is bad....Looks like terrible thrip. I would at least get a wash on them like safers soap, you might knock down half of them... BUT the spray is only as good as the sprayer. You have to get every square inch tops and bottoms saturated.

Rosebud said:
If you have two weeks i would use the sns if the label says you can... That is bad....Looks like terrible thrip. I would at least get a wash on them like safers soap, you might knock down half of them... BUT the spray is only as good as the sprayer. You have to get every square inch tops and bottoms saturated.

I do have safers...will try my best to be diligent. I dont want to use 209 on this plant because its late, and I dont know when it will finish...so not risking it smoke like rosemary.

Don't blame you there, rosemary hemp doesn't sound that good. Good luck. When I spray i put newspaper in the pot around the plant, then lay the plant down and spray and roll it around. Then if i can i hold the newspaper in the plant and put it upside down to spray, i do that.

I would think its not a good idea to spray them at this point with the buds being as far along as they are. I would be afraid that I would get bud rot. I would get the pest strips that are the sticky pads and then place them everywhere under the plants around the stems so that they will catch the flyers and eliminate them. I would also hang several at different levels to catch flyers that want to fly above the plants. I use these yellow sensor pads: hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/sensor-3x5-insect-trapping-cards-48pack-p-2220.html
They work very well and the yellow attracts most flyers :)

nice cold ice water spraying is the only thing I would do at the late a stage in the game

Thanks for all the replies and input!

Based on all factors...I will spray with the safers one more time...I will take my chances with the mold. I have excellent airflow through my tent and across my girl, it should stay dry. My temps are between 70-78*F and usually stay right at 50% RH.

EDIT: and yes HP you were correct. I saw thrips today after I watered, having a party on my soil!

I'm sorry to hear that :eek: Thrips are the bane of my brother's grow. Once you pull that plant you will need to make sure all the thrips have nothing else to chew on before you set up another plant in that space. Thrip eradication mojo :hitchair: for you :)

Latest posts

Back