Why am I still growing in my bud room???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Toker

Living Large
Reaction score
I have converted to Hydro from soil. I have also replaced my fluorescent lights to a 600 watt HPS in my bloom room. So why are the plant still growing? They have almost doubled in size and very healthy, and it's been 3 weeks. Buds have not started yet, but close. Before, with dirt and fluorescent, they would have already had buds started and would have only grown a couple of inches. :confused2:

most plants stretch when flowering begins, this is normal.

sounds like your off to a bit of a slow start but give it some time and it should happen

Is the grow area light proof? Have you checked? You may be surprised by the leaks.

I trust that your plants are sexually mature from seed or clones? They need to be 4-6 weeks old and usually start to show alternating nodes when they are sexually mature. I'm really not trying to be patronizing just trying to figure out your situation... How old were they when you switched them to 12/12. If they are just starting my guess is they are just now becoming sexually mature... that's my only guess. Even if you had fed them hydro grow as opposed to bloom nutes the nitrogen present wouldn't prevent flowering... If you've successfully flowered with fluoros in that same room it can't be a light leak that's preventing them from flowering...

So the only thing that's changed in your bloom space is going to hydro and using a HPS light? IME they grow at a much greater rate and switch to flowering sooner under HID's... either MH or HPS... most strains show flowers by 10-14 days of 12/12 in my room so I don't know what's delaying your plants. I grew in hydro for many years and found that I needed to flower my plants smaller due to the explosive growth that happens in hydro. Once you get the timing down you'll have some amazing yields and the control you desire. If it gets too out of hand you might consider building a screen out of 1 by 1's for a frame and some chicken wire with inch and a half to two inch holes. You can suspend the screen to keep the plant tops an acceptable distance from the light... The good news now is you will have some big yields with the bigger plants but control could be a pain in the derriere...

Good Luck!:cool:

IMO the plants are getting more lumens and are using up stored Nitrogen to grow. the light strength from Fluoro to HPS would cause a growth to increase.

Many strains will double or triple in size when put into flowering. You probably have a sativa dominant strain--they stretch more when put into 12/12 and they take longer to flower.

420benny said:
Is the grow area light proof? Have you checked? You may be surprised by the leaks.

Yes it is a seperate room, with door and walls

Latest posts

Back