wierd growth on flowering plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just chopped a plant that had growth like that ,but only on part of it. The rest of the plant had nice dense nugs, like it should.

smoky anda bandit said:
I just chopped a plant that had growth like that ,but only on part of it. The rest of the plant had nice dense nugs, like it should.

some of the lower growth formed normally, but not enough to justify keeping it in the room.

looks like nute lock or root issues with over watering and over nutes

surfinc said:
looks like nute lock or root issues with over watering and over nutes

its very unlikely, it was in a large tote with another plant that grew perfectly normal. can't over water a dwc hydro plant. lock out shows signs of multiple def at one time. the plan't was perfectly healthy. the only damage it received was when it kept growing into the light, that the tops would literally burn.

whether it was genetic or serious grower error, it was not worth keeping around.

sb

I think it was genetic too. Had NL from TheSeedBank many years ago - it was finished in 8+ weeks and didn't grow over a meter tall. Looked nothing like that thing.

If anything, I wouldn't pinch the plants after flowering begins. I top em about 10 days before 12/12 and let em recover, then flip and no more snip.

Still don't think that coulda caused all this oddity, I think your right - it was otherwise healthy but ya just caught a bad seed. :doh:

Dan K. Liberty said:
I think it was genetic too. Had NL from TheSeedBank many years ago - it was finished in 8+ weeks and didn't grow over a meter tall. Looked nothing like that thing.

If anything, I wouldn't pinch the plants after flowering begins. I top em about 10 days before 12/12 and let em recover, then flip and no more snip.

Still don't think that coulda caused all this oddity, I think your right - it was otherwise healthy but ya just caught a bad seed. :doh:

believe me, by no means did i want to pinch or snip them, but drastic measures were needed. after the tops touched the lights, i snipped them b/c the buds were burning. then every week after that i would have to snip them again, b/c they grew into the lights again. it was insane, the plant was a monster.

Latest posts

Back