wil0 watt hps be enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardercross91

Reaction score
hey everyone, just got done my last grow, hacked the last plant today and boy was she good lookin. anyways, i am already germinating my new batch of seeds, and was wondering if you guys think a 100 watt hps is sufficient for 3 plants vegging? also, is there any disadvantage to using a hps for vegging?

Did you not have a strand that you liked? A buddy uses a 1k HPS for veg. His plants look fine.. 100 watt? IDK..?

A HPS will encourage more stretching than a MH or a T5. There are some that believe that you get more females with more blue light.

A 100W will cover about 3.3 sq ft at 30W per sq ft. That is probably a bit small for 3 plants unless you plan to keep them small.

Yea ike hemp goddess said you need a little more light for 3 plants if you want to see any good results.

But if your just vegging 100 watt hps will be ok for 3 plants. Are you flowering outside if so youll be ok. but if you plan on flowering under lights you will need at least 20,000 lumens to get good buds. The 400 watt hps you can get for $100 has 55,000 lumens.

You can get like 20,000 lumens of CFL's for like $50-$75 bucks but your set up might look abit haggard

10- 2000 lumen cfl's $20
5- light socket splitters $10
5- Cheap lamps or light fixtures $20.-------------20,000 lumens

OR

$100 for a 400 watt HPS at insidesun.com.---------55,000 lumens

thc is good for me said:
Yea ike hemp goddess said you need a little more light for 3 plants if you want to see any good results.

But if your just vegging 100 watt hps will be ok for 3 plants. Are you flowering outside if so youll be ok. but if you plan on flowering under lights you will need at least 20,000 lumens to get good buds. The 400 watt hps you can get for $100 has 55,000 lumens.

You can get like 20,000 lumens of CFL's for like $50-$75 bucks but your set up might look abit haggard

10- 2000 lumen cfl's $20
5- light socket splitters $10
5- Cheap lamps or light fixtures $20.-------------20,000 lumens

where do you get 10 @ cfl for $20....I baught mine 2700 lumes @ $10 each...that would be $100 right there. indoorsun.com has the 400 for $100. I did build a Male chamber with CFL and know that a 400 would have been cheaper but wanted to go this route..I can still change it out..

I use HD for Veg ( blue spectrum light) and yes I read it increases the odds of a female...and HPS for flower ( red spectum ) for tight bud formation..

Good luck keep us posted..but most of all KEEP M GREEN:D

Latest posts

Back