will 3 26 watt CFLs be enough for early vegging and rooting clones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r1dawson

Reaction score
will 3 26watt CFLs be enough to get a few seedlings started, just for now? also, will they be enough later on to support some clones while waiting for them to root and such?

thanks!

26W CFL generally give off around 1700 lumens each x 3 = approx. 5000 lumens.

I used just about the same when I started my grow from seed through veg with out any probs (in a small cabinet). If possible, keep the lights as safely (dont burn the plants) close as possible the plants to ensure not to lose any light, also to help avoid streching (I should have taken my own advise on this one).

You should be fine. Good luck.

i vegged 2 plants 3 feet high using them things.everybody on the forum i was using back then told me it couldnt be done. well needless to say,3 months later i did it.of course i didnt flower them with them but they worked ok for me.it just took forever. LOL i grew them in a dog cage

Flourescents and CFLs are just fine for Vegging... do not over due it and make sure there is plenty of light hitting the surfaces of the plant cause the flourescents will not penetrate through layers of foilage like a HID system will.

They make 42 watt cfl's too. They work pretty good, I think they are 2700 lumens each.

Latest posts

Back