will these guys bud yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greendave

Reaction score
just some bagseed, been just growing in potting mix under a light. A mate gave me the light and i just threw it all together real quick (hopefully just improve the set-up gradually). They are all growing at different rates and appear to be very different plants. Planted seeds bout seven weeks ago, will they bud yet?

You can flower anytime you like. Some like to wait until the plants reach sexual maturity .. ie alternating nodes, but from my experience it's not neccessary.

I'd flip the light to 12/12 and watch em grow!!! Nice looking plants greendave. Good luck with the grow. You've found your source of information here at MP, so your halfway there!!!

they look like very nice bushy plants!

one tip - read as much info as you can on light schedules, nutrients, grow mediums, harvest times, curing and anything else on the plant as you wouldn't wanna waste those babies! Good luck! :D

When they show sex is it possible to put the light back to 20/4 and go back to veg growth without increasing the chance of hermies?.

Another question, lol. will they still grow once they start to flower or does growth stop and just the buds grow?

growth will slow down too a stop and the plant will concentrare on building the budz

well for your first question you can change back to 24/0, i would imagine that would stress them atleast a little with the light schedule changing like that, but i think as long as everything else is good, they will be fine...and once you start to flower you should expect your plants to double in size maybe more maybe less...of course different strains will vary...also when you flower make sure your using high phosphate ferts, and while vegging use high nitrogen nutes...lookin great man

I disagree with ruffryder, check out other threads on flowering, you will see..

They need a few more weeks 1 to 4 before budding. You have fine and huge pots so give them some more time. Also guys do not bud, only girls do...

nice plants ,,,they are going to double at least in size when you put them in to flower,,
you could allways take a clone of each plant and put that under 12/12 to determine sex without stressing the mummys,,
goodluck :48:

alexb3210 said:
well for your first question you can change back to 24/0, i would imagine that would stress them atleast a little with the light schedule changing like that, but i think as long as everything else is good, they will be fine...and once you start to flower you should expect your plants to double in size maybe more maybe less...of course different strains will vary...also when you flower make sure your using high phosphate ferts, and while vegging use high nitrogen nutes...lookin great man

I disagree with ruffryder, check out other threads on flowering, you will see..

hmmm sorry about that but im just saying from my experience,once i started too flower i only recognised bud growth.....definatly didnt double in size (although i wish it would have because it was sweet as heaven hehe ;)

but personally i would let those guys grow a few more week in veg mode :)

ruffryder777 said:
hmmm sorry about that but im just saying from my experience,once i started too flower i only recognised bud growth.....definatly didnt double in size (although i wish it would have because it was sweet as heaven hehe ;)

but personally i would let those guys grow a few more week in veg mode :)

mine have allways doubled at least in flower some times trippled,,and i usually put them into flower between 4 and 6 weeks from seed ,,,so you will be ok to go into flower :peace:

mine have already almost half way doubled sinse just started flower few weeks ago too. and i found a hermie i think tonight too either hermie or straiught male i dont know. maybe some u can help me wit it i posted pix of the peices of it i brought home wit me on my grow link in signature. i/m real curious if its a female in pre that went herm on me or not to see if my judgement is on or not lol

hi people. Can anyone tell me how long it will take for the plants to show sex? I want to change the light to 12/12 tomorrow. will post some pics of em b4 i switch em. been a week since the pics right at the top and am running out of room under the light, which is the reason i at least wanna know what the sex of em is. :hubba:

What kind of lighting are you using? How much space do you have?

I think it is ill advised to put them into flowering and then back into vegging, although many do it successfully. They should show sex week or two after being put into 12/12.

Virtually all strains will double or triple in size once put into 12/12. They are old enough to be put into flowering. I see no reason to wait, especially if you are running out of room. Fine looking children--we will keep our fingers crossed for lots of girls.

the unknowns i put in 12/12 my last grow, showed thier bits in 7-10 days'.
just make sure they are in 'total darkness', with no light leaks', or this will slow the process. looking good dave.

im using a 1000w mh light with a fou foot china man hat shade. I'm growin in a large disused room at the back of my shed so space is not a prob. I was just curious about going back into veg as i thought if too many were male i'd grow the females a bit more but if they are gonna double in size and half are male then i should b fine. just hope less than half and none of my favourites are male. Have ordered flowering nutes that say it is fine for soil. any suggestions? They recomend 1ml per lt....

Turned the lights to 12/12 today. took pics at same time.

Latest posts

Back