will they live?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganjawarrior

Reaction score
last nite i had a very bad bit of luck. I went away yesterday and when i came bak this morning i found that the electric had tripped off thru the nite and the temperature went down to minus 5 celsius. All the plants leaves have drooped but the main stem is still standing upright just about. The thing im worried about is the soil in the pots were frozen hard and i dont no if it has killed the roots. i have put the electric bak on now and the room is bak to normal and the soil thawed out quite quickly. i think they were in the cold like this for about 12 - 15 hours will they be ok?

If the roots were frozen, no they won't be ok.

How do they look now?

One night shouldnt hurt pilgrem I have had me plants in - temps for couple days and they bounce back but like rose said ifin root s got frooze yual might see problems but just one night I be doubtin the soil froze that deep. Warm them gradual and watch what they do they will tell ya ifin they need assistence good luck pilgrem hope yual pulls outa it ;)

BWD

ok the soil wasnt as frozen as deep as i thought so i think roots are ok but all the leaves have shrivelled and crisping up so i think they are defintly dead but there is signs of fresh new growth coming through so i will see more tomorrow. If the new growth does carry on coming through will i be starting veg from scratch again like when i first potted them?

Yep..Pretty much. But if they are the only ones you have(and if they were still in veg) then it will be worth holding on to them and nurturing them back to health :) If they were already in flower then it will take a long time to get them back right, and they would have to be "revegged" and that wouldn't be worth the trouble unless it is a special strain that you don't want to lose. :)

yeah they were 3 weeks into veg hushpuppy. I will stick to them and see how they come on in the next couple of weeks if not i will have to start again. Its a shame because they were looking real well the nicest ive had for a long time. Thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back