wiring scared

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoke

Grow&Smoke
Reaction score
hey i just bought a new floresent light but it requires me to do some work i have never wired anything in my life and i cant afford to screw it up can someone help me i can get pictures in a few minutes but if you know anything about wiring flourecent tubes please just take me thru it cause im nervouse on this one

I was first shocked by my Nintendo in the late 80's.

I was just shocked last week when I was blowing out my computer and saw some cat hair in the back, stuck my hand in lol lesson learned... turn off and disconnect crap before messing with it.

Anyhow...

I'll school you with my limited bit of knowledge.

If the floro is preassembled I am guessing you have two little wires sticking out.

Find something old that has a power cord and slice the cord. Strip the two ends, get some wire nuts... connect the two ends to the two little wires from floro.

Doesn't matter how for this type of circut, it's a little diffrent than batteries and such.

Anyhow, after connecting with wire nuts wrap in tape.

Now, let me make this clear, ima stoner you're a stoner... DO NOT connect all wires together.

One wire from floro to one wire from cord. For a total of 2 connections.

LIGHT ============F 3]WALLSOCKET

Should look like that when it's done

So you are just extending the wires from floro into the wall. It's really simple, extension cord.

Anyhow hope this helps, i'm mad drunk and stoned so.. might not be clear, ill check up on ya when clearheaded and see how ya did.

I suggest getting a power bar with a breaker in it... in case if you plug it in something goes wrong at least that will save you.:guitar:

Smoke2, have you wired your lights yet? I just put together several sets of fluro's. if you already have ballsts then it is a matter of color coding wire and a ground. read diretions thoroughly.

ok kool yea its just got a white and black wire and a green one im not sure what its for cuzz it just is on the back of the floro anyways im going to try to put up some photos on here to show u that green wire cuzz its confuzing i think if i had it connected to the power i would get shocked

the first pic is the end of the green wire the second picture points to where its attatched to a nut and screw to the back of the flouresent light im not sure what this is for ive never done this before i dunno.... also i have an old cord from my old computer could i use this???

Picture 6.jpg

Picture 7.jpg

A computer cord would work perfect. The green wire is the neutral (it's a safeguard, not REQUIRED to work, but always recommended for safety), there should be a green or copper wire in the computer cord.

Im not an electrician but i can put in and wire a ceeling fan and light and garage door opener and stuff like that slim. Im not great at anything but im good at a lot of things Slim

nice ok im going to try and wire this shyt up when i get it done ill send yall some pics of my lil set up and just want to say thanks again for all your help

Latest posts

Back