Yellow/brown leaves all over all plants. No one has been able to help yet!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anarchy2465

Reaction score
Hi I've posted here about this before and I got some good tips but nobody has been able to pin point the real issue. Pleasee serious replies only. I say this because people have accused me of not even having MJ plants because of how messed up mine look but I assure you they are real clones obtained from medical dispensaries. Now to the problems:

-Preliminary: the plants are revegs thats why they look a little funny at the bottom
-Yellowing on 3 plants started about 3 weeks ago
-Ive been told i was overferting (Miraclegro 1tbsp to 2 gallons of water between four plants every 2 weeks) so I haven't fed them since the yellowing started about 3 weeks ago. Just plain hose water (outdoor grow)
-The problem still persists and has spread UP the plant. The leaves first turn yellow and then brown, shriveled and dead. On some leaves the chlorophyll fades and the leaf is transparent
-The yellow/brown leaves are usually in the middle to bottom fo the plant. The top is mostly green and healthy
-pH is around 6.5

Could this be a nutrient deficiency? Or could the plants have caught some sort of disease? Could they still be affected from overfertilization after 3 weeks of just water?? I'm really desperate for help at this point since I've posted on other forums and no one has been able to identify the issue

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

You might want to read site rules as far as swearing, now to the problem I don't no foresure but it may be root bound those plants look pretty big for those pots IMO or it could be that your using crappy ferts Miracle grow is not the way to go IMO, I hope you get things figured out as I would hate to see a fellow grower loose there crop!

Phatpharmer

i agree with p p , if you are using mg with time release ferts they can build up in one part of the bag and not another leading to too much or not enough ferts then if you add extras it adds to the problem. i see you flushed so maybe a small dose of ferts and see what happens:) this is my opinon take it as you will;)

If it were too much ferts then all the tips would be yellowing also. I'd definitely get a bigger pot A.S.A.P. Your soil looks pretty dry too. Good luck

natorious said:
If it were too much ferts then all the tips would be yellowing also. I'd definitely get a bigger pot A.S.A.P. Your soil looks pretty dry too. Good luck

actually on one of my plants the new groth has yellowing tips and edges. the thing is i havent fertilized in a couple weeks. im starting to wonder if they could become deficient now?

What water are you using? If tap water, is it softened? If you are going to repot, check to see if the roots are rotting.

I ask about root rot only because the lack of chlorophyl is what general plants start looking like when they are unable to absorb any nutrients (or water) because the roots are starting to rot. Or as earlier post said, if plant is root bound.

As to softened water, just because I was looking on other sites for pictures that resemble yours and problems that resembled yours and there was mention of softened water so I thought it would be good to know where you are getting your water from to see if there could be issues there...

well water could be high in iron etc., softened water has salt and chemicals, etc.

If using R.O. water use 1 cup tap per 2 gallons.Let the tap sit out over night.Looks to me as ph is a problem or HIGH nutes in the soil.I can see iron cal N Mg def.I doubt your laccin all that,more likely an overload.
Repot w/ ph water only.Flush from above.Subcool has a kick azz compost mix witch is a way better M.G. set up.Crack me up "oh no not mirical grow"it has time release ferts.So funny shows lack of knowledge-be individuals.Just cause he thinks that-have a mind of your own.
O.k. his(subcool) aproch is watering w/ ph water only?No nutes.Must mean the nutes r in the soil.Wait M.G. nutes are in the soil.
Guess(no offense,just makin a point)Subcool has a lot to leaRN from a bunch of people whos skills are above and beyond his.
I THINK HE KNOWS WHATS CRACKIN?

If using R.O. water use 1 cup tap per 2 gallons.Let the tap sit out over night.Looks to me as ph is a problem or HIGH nutes in the soil.I can see iron cal N Mg def.I doubt your laccin all that,more likely an overload.
Repot w/ ph water only.Flush from above.Subcool has a kick azz compost mix witch is a way better M.G. set up.Crack me up "oh no not mirical grow"it has time release ferts.So funny shows lack of knowledge-be individuals.Just cause he thinks that-have a mind of your own.
O.k. his(subcool) aproch is watering w/ ph water only?No nutes.Must mean the nutes r in the soil.Wait M.G. nutes are in the soil.
Guess(no offense,just makin a point)Subcool has a lot to leaRN from a bunch of people whos skills are above and beyond his.
I THINK HE KNOWS WHATS CRACKIN?

Sorry HICK no clue

gourmet said:
What water are you using? If tap water, is it softened? If you are going to repot, check to see if the roots are rotting.

I ask about root rot only because the lack of chlorophyl is what general plants start looking like when they are unable to absorb any nutrients (or water) because the roots are starting to rot. Or as earlier post said, if plant is root bound.

As to softened water, just because I was looking on other sites for pictures that resemble yours and problems that resembled yours and there was mention of softened water so I thought it would be good to know where you are getting your water from to see if there could be issues there...

well water could be high in iron etc., softened water has salt and chemicals, etc.

I'm getting my water from the hose outside since well, my plants are outside haha. I'm not using any kind of water softener, just straight outta the hose.

As for the roots, I've put my hand in the soil and felt them break off so I think they might be rotting. I'm wondering if this is overwatering or underwatering. My soil tends to drain very quickly and not retain moisture so I'm thinking it can be a combination of the watering issues and the nutrients being flushed out before they are absorbed. I will probably get some different soil and transplant the plants to a new medium.

could it be possible due to the chlorine in your water? I've read you should let it stand for at least 24hrs to evapourate it...

CronyStoga said:
could it be possible due to the chlorine in your water? I've read you should let it stand for at least 24hrs to evapourate it...

I grew last year as well and used the same water. No problems whatsoever.

Hello anarchy2465, I've been watching your thread and the information about your plants. I believe your problem is with a lack of proper nutrients, not your roots or watering.

Miracle Grow is a good nutrient for house plants that are slow growing and not a plant that needs the nutrients that Marijuana does.

The balance of nutrients in Miracle Grow are not correct for Marijuana.

You need to either top dress your plants with a wide spectrum organic mix or an organic tea that has been balanced well. That's one way to fix your problem.

The other is to buy a nutrient that is specifically designed for Marijuana and use it soon in the exactly proportioned amounts.

Your plants are starving to death.

If you have a grow shop near you, it would be worth the trip to get those nutes fast, before any more damage is done to your plants.

As far as your roots: "I felt them snap" is a good indicator that your roots are fine. Rotted roots don't "snap". They squish. There is no "snap" left in them, as they are rotted. If yours are "snapping" then it sounds like they're still healthy.

Good luck to you. Be careful to NOT go overboard on your nutrients. Use half of what the instructions say FIRST. Then watch your plants for a week. If they improve greatly and you have nice new growth, then you've fixed your problem.

Remove the leaves that are more than 50% damaged. The plant just wastes energy trying to repair them, and they simply won't repair. By removing the 50% or more damaged leaves, you'll allow your plant to redirect it's energy to a more productive end result.

Be happy with how green your plants are. If you just water every few days or when the dirt starts to dry and cut down a little on nutrients and buil back up slowly you plant should spring back just give it time and dont worry about a fow brown leaves

Looks like a lack of nutes to me. Your whole plant is a very light green and some yellowing which says to me that its a nitrogen deficiency. I bet if you hit her with some nutes she will look much better.

I think StoneyBud is right. I didn't think it was a deficiency at first because i had been giving them nutrients but after looking at my soil I realized it drains very quickly and all the nutrients were just being washed out. I just transplanted the plants into new soil with plenty of NPK

anarchy2465 said:
I just transplanted the plants into new soil with plenty of NPK
Hopefully the soil didn't have the time release nutes.I think even if you buy some dollar store plain jane soil and added your own nutes you might not have the same thing happen.I too used MGrow stuff and had similar problems with the ferts.If you are using the time release stuff I found if you stretch the waterings(starve'em just a little bit)it helps.Every time you water you are fertilizing,so if you water say every 3 days try going 4-5 before watering,doing so with the time release stuff really helped my girls until I transplanted into different stuff.Good luck.

Latest posts

Back