Yellowing clones...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Six said:
i put them in a perlite wick system until they showed a nice healthy tap root growing and then put them into my growing medium (spagnum moss, forest compost, and perlite)

:doh:They just slowly died off and never grew any new growth....im thinkin they were just to far into flowering and couldnt pull out of it....

:doh: I read that!
What I meant to say was MORE roots?
What was yer lighting schedule?
I guess you had to reveg the donor huh?

YJ

:fid:........:cry:........:fid:........:cry:........:fid::fid:........:cry:........:fid:........:cry:........:fid:

Sorry to hear about your clones... There's a million more out there... I don't think it had anything to do with being that late in flower. I've taken clones that late many times. It's usually one of the 'Oh Shanizzle!' moments when I see a pheno piling on the trichs and I realize that I forgot to take a clone of that one strain's pheno before flowering and then have to wait forever for it to re veg but it does pull through in time.

Just keep practicing and cloning will get easy. Maybe the Rapid Rooter plugs would be a better option for you? They regulate the perfect amount of moisture around the stem and plants usually start vigorously rooting after about a week. I use a bubble cloner now and it's pretty much as much of a set it and forget it, NO misting, NO domes, NO drooping, NO yellowing and idiot proof method I've ever used. I made my bubbler for about $30 out of a 2gal black bucket and I can do 15 clones or more in there.

Keep looking and you'll find a method that works for you...

Happy Growing!:cool:

Bubblin.jpg

Reactions: Six
Yellowjacket said:
:doh: I read that!
What I meant to say was MORE roots?
What was yer lighting schedule?
I guess you had to reveg the donor huh?

YJ

Yep, decent root structure when i pulled them up but they just never spit out anymore branches...dont know

lighting was 24 under flouro's...

As far as the donor, nope...flowered her out and consumed...and i was right, it was very nice...

dirtyolsouth said:
I use a bubble cloner now and it's pretty much as much of a set it and forget it, NO misting, NO domes, NO drooping, NO yellowing and idiot proof method I've ever used. I made my bubbler for about $30 out of a 2gal black bucket and I can do 15 clones or more in there.

Keep looking and you'll find a method that works for you...

I actually just finished building a new bubble cloner out of an old coffee container...hoping to try it out with my new strains when they get old enough...dont really have room for mother plants so i plan to clone then stick the doner into the flower room...

hi,

Did the clones actually die with roots or did you give them the heave ho when they just sat there and looked at you? :watchplant:

If that's the case I think that maybe you just gave up too soon... When you take a clone 4 weeks deep into flowering it really takes quite a while for long light to re-educate the plant to veg grow again. Usually they'll keep flowering for a bit and slowly show signs of single bladed leaf re-veg growth... Just a theory!

Cloning can be as simple as you want it to be. I read a post of a guy who just puts his cutting in a glass of water in the windowsill and in a couple weeks he has a rooted clone ready for transplant. I had a buddy who used to hang cuttings so that the tip of the stem was in his freshwater fish tank and they rooted like crazy in there... that's what inspired me to look into bubble cloners about 8 years ago.

Just about any cloning method works if done right but I think the bubblers are the easiest and they give me clones that take off with vigorous growth when I drop them into the soil. I don't keep any mothers either... I do the same. I root some clones and then pick a couple to veg bigger and when I put those into flower I take a few more and on it goes. I've got some buddie who are outdoor growers and during the summer I feed them lots of extra girls of all sizes that I can't fit into my garden.

I pulled the plug on the last one. I figured if it hadn't shown any signs of new growth in almost two months, it probably wouldnt. It was looking kinda sad too, almost looked petrified..lol.The rest just kinda died off one by one. Hopefully i can get the bubbler down , we have a compassion club a couple of counties over that i wouldnt mind donating some cuttings to from time to time if i know they will take off. I would hate to take cuttings over to them just to have them die off. Would be like waving hope in someones face them slapping them with it ya know. Do you run 24 hour light on them or a 18/6 schedule? I also read that when you take them in flower like that you should leave them in 12/12 until they root and then reveg them...:confused2:

Latest posts

Back