Yellowing of the fan leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420NewbieRoyce

Reaction score
I don't know why my leaves are turning yellow and drying. Am I not watering enough now. Seems like I water one day and by the next day she is thirsty again. Any Ideas?? Thanks you all so much.

IMGP1000.JPG

IMGP1001.JPG

How old is that one? The yellowing looks like nitrogen deficiency. That can be caused by either not having enough nitrogen available or having the PH far enough out of range where the nitrogen isn't being pulled in. I assume that plant is in FFOF medium? What are the temps like in there? If she is drying out too fast it could be from it being too warm in the space. The yellowing could also be from the roots drying out and dieing so that they aren't able to pull in moisture and nitrogen.How well is the space being ventilated? if you don't have good air movement and a constant replenishing of the air with fresh air, that can cause them to stifle which could be drying them out too fast.

She is at 8 weeks the temps are about 65. she is in a smart pot and is sucking just about a gallon of water a day. Just molasses I have not used any nutrients on her at all. After reading what you have written, I am thinking the ph is off. Thanks for your opinion Hush.

Raise the temps and get the PH in check...and at 8 weeks..she may need a feeding...mix ya up some tea and take care of her

:48:

I am worried about feeding, I'm afraid of over feeding and meeting it up. Kinda confused on what to use at this point.

Feed her 420, this is the time the ffof has run out of its food so you need to give her a half dose of what you fed last time that is high in N. Then watch and see how she does. She looks great but just starting to show signs of hunger.

I have the 3 Fox farm products do you know which one is the best to use. Grow big?

I don't use ff nutes, sorry, but remember we talked about the numbers on the label, when the plant is in veg it needs N for nitrogen. So look on your bottles and see which one that is.

at 8 weeks you are way past the point at which you can start feeding. if i were you i would brew up an aact. i'd feed her with the tea, just like you would if watering. i'd foliar feed her as well, just for good measure. while the tea will provide her with food, it is a short term fix to the problem.

if you wanna go all out...
mix up 2 cups castings, 2 cups perlite, 1/2 cup blood meal, 1/2 cup ground oyster shell into a bowl. top dress, and cover with soil. don't let the mix touch the stem of the plant. now every time you water, you're also moving nutrients to the roots.(this will do 1, 2-3 gal pot)

either way you are looking at 49 days minimum, start to finish for flowering. unless you begin feeding with synthetic nutrients soon, you'll need to come up with a plan in order for her to make it to harvest. that is, if you wanna keep it organic. synthetic nutes are easy and effective. organic can be tricky at first.

I would go buy General Hydroponics bloom and micro by the gal. I would use 1.5tb(micro) per gal of water, no PH'ing the water. Sit back and watch the magic happen. You want those leaves standing straight up to the sky.

I know Rosebud, thanks for bringing me here!!! One quick last question about those yellow leaves. Should I leave them on there or take them off?

leave them....allow the plant to use the rest resources in them..whenthey all brown/yellow..than I remove them

:48:

420NewbieRoyce said:
I know Rosebud, thanks for bringing me here!!! One quick last question about those yellow leaves. Should I leave them on there or take them off?
i agree with you

Latest posts

Back