Yet another newb with lighting questions..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freedomiskey

Reaction score
So I have had great luck in my first 2 weeks of my first grow. I'm indoor in FFHT soil. I am using an area of 8' x 2' and am running out of room with my 320w of floros. I am debating on going to MH or HPS and have built a frame that holds 6 150w can lights. I was at the depot and saw that I can get a "clear" buld of either Mh or HPS type for the wattage I can handle. My 2 questions are: 1, is a "clear" type bulb not the right type for what I am trying to do and 2, what type, Mh or HPS, would be nicer on my electric bill. I understand the difference in lummens but just want to make sure I stay on the corrct path. My 2 week olds are already about 4 inches tall with lots of veg so that part is going well thanks to everyone on this site. Just want to keep it up.. Thanks..

These are the lights I am thinking about. Sorry they were not included in the prior post. Thanks again for the help.

HPS:(add www in front)
prismaecat.lighting.philips.com/ecat/Light/ApplicationRouter.aspx?fh_secondid=928601143512_1&fh_search_profile=prodcode_search&fh_location=%2f%2fprof%2fus_US%2fcategories%3C{fnppla}%2fcountries%3E{us_US}%2fstatus%3E{act}&fh_search=140939&fh_eds=%C3%9F&fh_refview=search&tab=&family=&&left_nav=us_en&

The Mh bulbs I was looking at would require a different voltage in so I guess I am really wondering if this will work well for flowering if I have 6 of them in an 8' x 2' space?

HPS will give you the best bang for your buck. You need to spread your lights out to cover your area equally at 5,000 lumens per/sq. ft.

Just figure out the lumens you need to cover your area, and then spread the needed number of lights over it.

The square footage of your area is "Length times Width" in feet.

The lumens are listed for each size bulb, on every manufacturers web page.

You only want a bulb that has a short throw. Your space is only two feet wide.

A few 250 watt HPS would work great.

Latest posts

Back