Yield?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craterlake

Reaction score
Hi folks! I am SOOOO proud of my indoor garden! I think I have developed a little green thumb finally! My garden is flowering beautifully! I am wondering how much yield per plant to expect? I suppose it differs depending on the type it is and I have no idea what type as I started with saved seeds. However much it is, I hope it's great! Have an awesome day!!

yield per plant is going to depend on the strain, the size of the plant, the amount of light the plant is getting, if the plant is getting the right amount of nutrients and water.....and so on.

Are you an indoor grower? When consierding yield indoor growers tend to refer to grams-per-watt used. So a grower flowering their plants with a 600 HPS that yields 300 grams would have generated .5 grams per watt. In my opinion this is also a flawed system of reference because it does not take into account the length of flowering. An 8 week strain that produces less grams per watt can still be producing more yield over time than a 10 week strain that produces more grams per watt. In my opinion anything over 1/2 gram per watt is great but some people can get past 1 gram per watt.....I'm not nearly that good yet.

-SSF-

Thanks for the info! Yes I am an indoor grower. I'm not sure I understand your grams per watt stuff, but I am using a 400 HPS lamp in a closet. I have seven gorgeous plants, all girls, and they are looking great. I have switched their food from nitrogen to Tiger Bloom now that they're flowering. They hopefully won't get taller than about four feet or so, but they are covered with flowers and are about two feet tall now, give or take a few inches. I am new at this indoor growing. I have grown outside but not for years as the plants were stolen and that's not gonna happen again!!!!
Thanks for your help!

Yield is gonna depend on what you're growing...autos will yield little and on and on. Bigger plants can produce more, but I've seen smaller plants bring surprising results as well. I am right now averaging around 6.125oz with the 3 plants I have harvested...

craterlake said:
Thanks for the info! Yes I am an indoor grower. I'm not sure I understand your grams per watt stuff, but I am using a 400 HPS lamp in a closet. I have seven gorgeous plants, all girls, and they are looking great. I have switched their food from nitrogen to Tiger Bloom now that they're flowering. They hopefully won't get taller than about four feet or so, but they are covered with flowers and are about two feet tall now, give or take a few inches. I am new at this indoor growing. I have grown outside but not for years as the plants were stolen and that's not gonna happen again!!!!
Thanks for your help!

How large is your space? Seven plants seems like a lot for a 400W which is good for about 10 sq ft. How long did you veg for? Do you have any pics?

Keep a very close eye out for hermies as you used bagseed (especially if all the seeds you planted turned out female).

The Hemp Goddess said:
How large is your space? Seven plants seems like a lot for a 400W which is good for about 10 sq ft. How long did you veg for? Do you have any pics?

Keep a very close eye out for hermies as you used bagseed (especially if all the seeds you planted turned out female).

My closet is about 6.5ft by 2ft, then full 7ft ceiling. I too agree that 7 is a little much for the size of the space, but I had 18 plants to begin with and only 7 were girls so I kept all of them. I didn't have the heart to toss a female! I have them close together in big pots and I adjust the light back and forth over them. My camera unfortunately is on the blink so I can't send a pic, but the plants are very vibrant and green and gorgeous! I have tons of flowers on them and they are covered with white hairs. Soooo....I am hoping for a good supply! (I hope)

Well, remember that more plants does NOT mean more bud. When the plants are crowded and not getting good light, you can end up with light airy buds. And you are pushing your light to about 30% more than is optimum. I found that even with a 1000W the ends of a 6.5' space do not get good light.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Well, remember that more plants does NOT mean more bud. When the plants are crowded and not getting good light, you can end up with light airy buds. And you are pushing your light to about 30% more than is optimum. I found that even with a 1000W the ends of a 6.5' space do not get good light.

OK, I guess I better get another light!! It's pretty bright in there and I have the entire inside of the closet painted bright white, but I figured I was pushing it! Being that this is my first truly good looking garden, I have a hard time tossing out a female! But thanks for the info. I think I do have an old digital camera I forgot about that works. I will try and get a pic or two. In the meantime, maybe you can tell me how to download a pic to this site?? Please? I will have to wait til the light comes back on but I will try and get some pictures so you can maybe see if I am on the right track!
Thanks!!

i use 2- 1000wt and a 600wt in a 5x6x8' room

but as far as yield, that is completly impossible to determine beforehand. It is just not feasible. You might be able to have a good hypothesis of total, but it just cant be done. Too many variables. In my eyes, someone who worries about weight, is usually someone looking to sell it for profit. You may not be growing for profit, and if so, then it truly is not important as long as they are healthy and you are happy.

:)

to upload a pic click go advanced and manage attachments.

OGKushman said:

but as far as yield, that is completly impossible to determine beforehand. It is just not feasible. You might be able to have a good hypothesis of total, but it just cant be done. Too many variables. In my eyes, someone who worries about weight, is usually someone looking to sell it for profit. You may not be growing for profit, and if so, then it truly is not important as long as they are healthy and you are happy.

I'm absolutely NOT growing for profit!! I am growing so I don't have to buy it anymore!! It's so expensive! I was just curious as to what to expect. And they are very healthy plants and I am ecstatic that I haven't killed them yet!! LOL!! I normally do not have a green thumb!

The Hemp Goddess said:

I planted the seeds on Jan 5, (on window sill in full sun), put the seedlings under the light on the 15th. When the smallest one was about 12 inches tall and the tallest was 19 inches and they all had at least five or six, uh opposing leaf nodes? whatever thay are called? (I am not good on all the proper nomenclature at this point), I started flowering on Feb 16. I haven't seen any signs of disease or anything like that. I did dig out my old digital camera and will try and send some pics in the next day or so. Do you think another 400W will do the trick?

I wouldn't even know where to buy...

OGKushman said:

Some of us are more worried we will be able to get through to next harvest and from that one to the next and so on.

Some of us are concerned about yield because we are going to donate it to a mmj dispensary.

Are you using any kind of ventilation? Two 400 hps get very hot and can heat a room to 90 degrees very fast.

maineharvest said:
Are you using any kind of ventilation? Two 400 hps get very hot and can heat a room to 90 degrees very fast.

I am actually very well ventilated. The closet is not at all hot now with one 400W. I put a high capacity bathroom ceiling fan in the ceiling of the closet and have it vented into my attic which is very well vented with a solar exhaust fan. So far no odor getting to the rest of the house. (Which is what happened years back on my first home growing disaster!) I also have a good fan blowing around in there.

:yeahthat:

Get you ducks in a row and the yields will follow... ;)

Latest posts

Back