yields

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslady_1983

Reaction score
was wondering what kind of yield i would get out of a sea of green grow in a 4x4 room with 8 ft height. would appreciate the replies:confused:

all depends on the strain, the length of the grow cycle, the type and qty of light, food and tending of the plants, etc. there is no magic formula. might be 1 oz - might be 1 lb.

but 4x4 is not much space. we give plants about 2sf each and get about .75-1.25 oz from 90-day autos and 2-4 oz each from 120 day plants from seed.

Yep your going to need to give us alot more information to help you out on that one.... Welcome to MP tho.

I Seen a Grow Journal on a different site where the guy had one tangerine dream and scrog'ed it and let me tell you the results were freaking impressive. he was using the waterfarm hydro system. He ended up getting a quater pound. If you scrog right you will be very happy with the results.

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
prob at least 17 pounds.... :48:

Yup and ya might have enough trichomes to scoop together and make LSD lol :icon_smile:

We are MJ growing Stoners not Psychics.....nobody can acurately tell you how much you will yield. Learn how to grow first and then worry Bout yields. Jmo

I'm with HL. Your first concerns should be learning the basics and getting your space dialed in. If you do this, yields will come.

IMO, the 2 factors that mostly affect yield are lighting and strain. Neither of these were mentioned in your post.

i have a 600 hps. was told the strain was red bud. i was just wondering a average yield for 12 site. i am 2 weeks from harvesting my plants. 2 of them. tonight realized that the plants are hermies. was so stoked that i finally grew some nice **** that i would take my l.e.d light and look at them while they were sleeping, maybe that caused it. also i got the seeds from a nice fat bud that now i believe where hermies itself cause really been finding seeds in these buds that i get. around 13 a oz. i talked to my friend about it and said that that could possibly be the case cause he finds seeds in his buds as well. im still excited on what i created but a little bummed out of the results i just found. advice would be appreciated on this topic please

This is exactly the reason that I do not use bagseed. I would recommend getting rid of the hermies as you have other plants in there. How did you manage to get 12 plants under a 600W? How large is your space? Can you post up some pics?

Never ever enter your grow at night unless it is an emergency--ie something like water coming from under the door.

hemp goddess. i am trying to figure out this whole growing thing as we speak. i only got 2 plants right now. i purchased a 600 watt bulb for now cause that all i been reading about. i would love to become a real gardner and have it down to a exact grow. i have a really long way to go i know that. the questions i post on here are just off the top of my head. i been reading the grow bible for about 2 years now and finally started to do something. sorry if i don't ask the questions with more info but they are just random thoughts. i would love to start off with a 12 site hydro system once i 1st know what im doing. i know i have a lot to learn thats why i have a lot of weird questions. but as i was told once. a stupid question is one not asked.

The Hemp Goddess said:
This is exactly the reason that I do not use bagseed. I would recommend getting rid of the hermies as you have other plants in there. How did you manage to get 12 plants under a 600W? How large is your space? Can you post up some pics?

Never ever enter your grow at night unless it is an emergency--ie something like water coming from under the door.
hemp goddess. i am trying to figure out this whole growing thing as we speak. i only got 2 plants right now. i purchased a 600 watt bulb for now cause that all i been reading about. i would love to become a real gardner and have it down to a exact grow. i have a really long way to go i know that. the questions i post on here are just off the top of my head. i been reading the grow bible for about 2 years now and finally started to do something. sorry if i don't ask the questions with more info but they are just random thoughts. i would love to start off with a 12 site hydro system once i 1st know what im doing. i know i have a lot to learn thats why i have a lot of weird questions. but as i was told once. a stupid question is one not asked.

Okay, I went back and reread everything. You have 2 plants under a 600W HPS and they are 2 weeks away from harvest? How long have they been in 12/12 light? How do you know they are 2 weeks away from harvest?

If you want to do a 12 plant grow in that small a space, I think you should start with clones from the same mother. I believe that you would be far better off going with maybe 4 in that space. And using individual buckets unless you have clones from the same mother.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Okay, I went back and reread everything. You have 2 plants under a 600W HPS and they are 2 weeks away from harvest? How long have they been in 12/12 light? How do you know they are 2 weeks away from harvest?

If you want to do a 12 plant grow in that small a space, I think you should start with clones from the same mother. I believe that you would be far better off going with maybe 4 in that space. And using individual buckets unless you have clones from the same mother.

they have been in 12/12 for six weeks now. the hairs are starting to change color. i just started the clearex process as of yesterday, i am guessing that this will take 8 weeks for it to harvest. i am just guessing since i really don't know much about the strain i am growing. i suppose to be growing red bud but really dont know cause people can tell you anything just so u can buy from them. i do know it is some really good stuff. i do use 3 gallon pots for the plants, they are separate.

Do not guess about harvest time. The color of the hairs have nothing to do with ripeness, especially if your plants have been pollinated. You need a 30x scope to check the trichs to determine if they are ready. I have never heard of a strain called red bud and I could find nothing about it on line. What makes you believe that it is an 8 week flowering strain?

The clearex process? Do you mean that you are flushing them? I would recommend against that. I would recommend feeding them until they are ready for harvest. There is absolutely NO reason to starve your plants at the same time you are asking them to put on weight and build THC.

Also, since these are bag seeds, you really do not know for sure what pollinated the girls they came from. They most likely selfed because you have hermies, however they could have been pollinated by a long flowering sativa.

How will I know they are ready if I don't know the expectancy. I am so new to this lol. U have been real helpful hemp goddess

The only way to tell is by looking at the tricomes through a 30 x power eye piece. Jorge talks about that, so look at them in his book and you will see what we are talking about here. It doesn't matter when you think they are supposed to be ready they will tell you with the tricomes. You are right, no stupid questions.

You can get a small 30x microscope from Radio Shack or e-Bay. A 30x jeweler's loupe works too. There are some other products that do a good job, but are more expensive. I always check the trichs, no matter how many times I have grown the strain. The trichs will go from clear to cloudy to amber. If you let them go too long, they will turn black and die. You can get a different type of high depending on when you harvest. If you harvest when you have mostly cloudy trichs and a few clear ones, you will get a more up high. The more amber when you harvest, the more couch lock it is.

Don't ever worry about asking questions. There is far more to this growing stuff than most people realize. And we always love to see more female growers.

Latest posts

Back