Your Mission, if you choose to accept it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samiam03

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot a threads and there are a bunch of really smart, knowledgable people here so I'm sure someone can help me. I'm trying to make a growing area in my dorm room, but I'm not sure how to make it all work. I want it to be an inclosed box so its not out in the open and I'd also like it to be relaitively small. I don't need to fill a room, I just want a plant or 2 for person supply. I've been reading other people's grow journals to see if I could find something like this, but I had no such luck. Everyone is really advanced so its hard for me to follow at times.

Any suggestions on what kind of system I should use would be grand. Would a hyrdro system or a soil one work better? What kinda light should I get? (probably nothing to strong, don't wanna over heat). And what really confuses me would be how to set up the air ventailation system. Also, if someone could expalin how to make it so the ladies dont grow too tall that would be sweet. I've read about LST systems... would they work for what I want. Any suggestions on a piticular strain?

I wanna come up with a design for the box but I dont really now how tall I need to make it or how wide or anything really lol.

I admit I'm a uber noob if you couldn't tell ,but I'd really love to get started on my greenthumb. We all gotta start somewhere right? Well I hope someone has the answers for me. Thanks!

Yeah I definately am going to invest in some lowryder seeds. I think im going with lowryder 2 from what I read its better. Thanks for the suggestion.

samiam...you could use a case [tower] from an old computer. I've seen pictures of some nice small soil set-ups using CFL's and computer fans. Never grown it, but I've heard lowryer is good for small spaces; condiser using LST for other strains. If you search about this board, you will find a system that will work for your application.

A word of caution...I knew some guys who were growing in their dorm room and got busted. One was on scholarship [which he lost] and got thrown out of school. Sometimes the need doesn't justify the action, if you know what I mean...hate to see you get in trouble.
:joint4:

Nelson

The real good thing about Lowryder also is the fact that it is a autoflowering plant. This means you can have your lights on 24/7 and they will still flower. Great plant and good for your situation.

Has anyone grown Aurora Indica. It says its a short plant, but how short is short. I'm just looking for other possible strains to grow.

I think I now have a better idea of what I'm going to do. I'll probably end up making a journal... that is if I ever get enough money to start this all... :eek:

Oh darn I feel silly now because I definately read that entire thread before. Ive been reading so much stuff I guess I just forgot what I had already read.:eek: Thanks for you help.

So yeah aurora indica, not really the kind of short Im looking for I guess its all relative. StoneyBud's grew friggin huge though. He had quite a jungle in there.

Do you think a box 2ft x 1ft x 2 1/2 ft( lenght width height respectively) would large enough to grow lowryder 2 in, with ample light and air ventalation.

Maybe a 2 x 2 x 2 1/2 would be better. cause I wanna grow 2 plants inside. what do you guys think?

Latest posts

Back