7thG's Northern Lights Micro Cabinet Grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm going to keep a watchin ,, on here,, i got some Northern Light seed in the frig,, just dyin to grow

I have to admit, I am very pleased with how short my plants are. Absolutely no stretching. How Im accomplishing that with two 25 watt CFL's I don't know lol. Definitely time to add the third light. I realized the lights give off almost no heat just a little warmth so Ive moved them even closer like an inch or less. Got my fan at canopy level now.

So today I topped my plants. I have never done it before but I used tweezers and a brand new razor blade and it went well. I also trimmed the brown sections away. I also added 2 tablespoons of Grow Big to my nute solution and today my plants got their first real meal. I didn't trim off the yellowing lower leaves. The 2 tablespoons was added to my water which already has about 4 or 5 tablespoons of Big Bloom. I am loosely following the Fox Farm feed schedule. It said a general dose of Grow Big is 2-3 teaspoons, I added 2 tablespoons hope its not to much. I diluted the solution for my one plant because it has much less yellowing and browning.
I am starting to think LST might not be necessary considering how short my plants are. I think I am going to focus my efforts on topping and other similar techniques, probably scrog. I was going to add some root drench I have but its expired so I might have to flush it. I think in about a week or two I might repot. Anyway I know a rambling but hey who else can I talk to about this.

I will be posting pictures shortly.

P.S. I am noticing some very small knat like bugs. I've killed a couple of them and it doesn't seem too bad, should I be worried?

2 Characters

IMG_2808-001.JPG

IMG_2810-001.JPG

IMG_2812-001.JPG

IMG_2813-001.JPG

IMG_2815-001.JPG

IMG_2817-001.JPG

get some azamax on the ready. fungus gnats are annoying, the flyers dont do anything to the plant but the larve eat roots like theres no tomorrow. take care of that before it becomes a real problem. just my opinion.

Ok Ill definitely do that. Soon as I get my check Im going to order it. They don't seem bad just a few here and there sometimes but who knows what going on in the soil.

So I woke up this morning to see my plants were touching my lights. No burns but I had to remove a level of my DVD stand. Definitely the most overnight growth yet. The Grow Big really living up to its name.

those plants:watchplant: r getting better lookin by the day:icon_smile:

Thanks Lovbnstoned! I admit they got off to a slow start but they are moving along nicely now. And I love how short and bushy they are! I topped them today so I expect it to just get better. I noticed a huge difference when I added Grow Big, so I expect them to really start taking off now. I really can't wait until I have some buds to drool over.

Just wanted to show how big of a difference one feeding had on my plants. This pic was taken only about 24hours since my last pics. They grew about 1/2" overnight and really perked up.

Probably wait a couple weeks for my next update.

IMG_2818-001.JPG

A question to all my experienced growers out there. In your opinion, when should I repot? I was thinking about doing it in a week or two.

when i germed in Rapid Rooters and transplanted once the tap root was bearly poking out the bottom of the rooters, and had them in the solo cups for 10 days then transplanted into their final homes. if you have a way to check to see if there are roots around the bottom of your cup, like drainage slits/holes if you see roots then transplant. or very carefuly remove the plant and soil from the cup as if you were transplanting and see if there are roots binding at the bottom, if so transplant.

sunakard2000 said:
when i germed in Rapid Rooters and transplanted once the tap root was bearly poking out the bottom of the rooters, and had them in the solo cups for 10 days then transplanted into their final homes. if you have a way to check to see if there are roots around the bottom of your cup, like drainage slits/holes if you see roots then transplant. or very carefuly remove the plant and soil from the cup as if you were transplanting and see if there are roots binding at the bottom, if so transplant.

Ok thanks Sunakard. I have been keeping an eye on it but I haven't seen any roots. However, I checked today and I see a single root coming out of the drain hole on the bottom. So, either this weekend or sooner I'm going to transplant them into larger pots. Just gotta find some pots that will really utilize what little space I have. I have been stalling on repotting them because I want to get some lime to mix in with my soil because I'm not messing with PH on this grow.

I go ahead and transplant them they look good and should have roots starting to circle the bottom of those cups hard

Ok cool Ima try to find a little time tomorrow to take care of that. I think once I put them in bigger pots and keep hitting them with Grow Big they are going to really take off. I just pruned/topped my plants yesterday, hopefully that and getting repotted wont stress them out too much.

Does anyone know what would cause one of my plants to have brown blotching on the leaves? Its not the brown spots that start on the lower leaves its a browninsh blotching of the upper leaves. Trying to post a pic.

someone on here, has chart that shows, plant leave ,, in different ways n what cause it. i forget who has it,, just one them here, they might know

Awesome thanks guys I have been looking for that!

Latest posts

Back