A Greenhorn's 1st Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weekly report for my first grow. 19 days into flower now. If I knew what I was looking at, I'd feel more comfortable, but all 9 girls seem to be going great at this point. To recap, I have 4 White Widow x Big Bud from Female Seeds, 3 Fruity Chronic Juice from Delicious Seeds, and 1 each Hex and Applejack from Seedism.

My canopy is kind of raggedy, I guess. 2 of the WWBB,s have gotten about 8-10" taller than everything else, and the Applejack is 8" shorter than the middle 6, which are pretty even at 25". I moved the AJ to the center, right under the 600W HPS, and the two big girls out to the corners, where they're getting a little less light than before. I'm hesitant to move them around much more, because the flowering sites are kind of finding the light, and I don't want to screw with that. I'm bending fan leaves back to give more light to flowers below, 'coz it's getting way crowded up in here. Is these even correct thoughts? Who knows? Any advice?

Haven't seen any adverse effects from my nutes, and I've been reading about flushing vs. tapering at the end of the flower cycle. If I skip my last round of nutes, which is every 3rd feeding with Technaflora, I'll have 10 days clear of nutes. Is that enough? Would a flush in there be beneficial?

pic 1 all 9 ladies
pic 2 ww x bb
pic 3 hex
pic 4 fcj
pic 5 aj

Peace and Green Mojo!

:icon_smile: key :icon_smile:

all9.jpg

wwbb.2.jpg

hex.jpg

fcj.jpg

aj.2.jpg

Looking real nice key2hwy

As good as they look I would just keep on keeping on.
No flush just water the last week.

26 days into flower now. I haven't been feeding enough - see Yellowing Fan Leaves thread in Sick plants - but, for the most part, all 9 girls are healthy and happy. I'm trying to boost N levels and will start feeding more than Technaflora recommends for the next 3 -4 weeks, before stopping feeding at all for the last week. Everyone is producing lots of flowers now, especially the White Widow x Big Bud - those 4 are really producing and they all should do even better once they get more food more often.

Thanks again to everyone who stopped by to help me on both threads. It's really lucky for a greenhorn to have stumbled on such a great source of freely shared expertise here at MP. I know my next grow will be better than this one, and my wife tells me, "You're obsessed!" so I feel I've just started down the trail - with a long ways to go.

aj.jpg

hex.jpg

frchj.jpg

wwbb.jpg

wwbb3.jpg

Thanks, WeedHopper - it's a learning experience, for sure.

Weekly Update - Day 33 of flowering. The fan leaves that were yellowing are starting to green back up a bit. I ended up using a fish emulsion and a little bit of blood meal watered in to try and boost the N. I guess it's working - so far s good, anyways.

The girls are starting to get pretty frosty now - lots of clear thrichomes cropping up all over. Some nice colas forming now. As a total rube, I'm feeling pretty lucky now - even a broken clock is right twice a day! It's amazing to me how in depth this gets, and how fast it does it. I still don't know my @ss from my elbow about growing dope, but I think I do understand why folks get so fascinated with it.

OK, just a quick update today.

pic 1 - Hex
pic 2 - White Widow x Big Bud
pic 3 - Fruity Chronic Juice
pic 4 - Applejack

PEACE AND GREEN MOJO

hex1.jpg

ww.1.jpg

fcj2.jpg

aj1.jpg

:ciao:

Wow brother! Your first grow? Impressive! That WWXBB sure lives up to the name.

Drft

drfting07 - Thanks, man!

I hope to grow some more WWxBB outside this season. I've been checking out your East Coast / West Coast Satori grow from last year, and wow! I don't see how I could possibly deal with more than 2 plants at a time after seeing that yield. Really glad I saw that before I got in over my head - again! I guess I'll get to learn a little about trimming and bubble hash on these 9 ladies, though. It's hard work not knowing what you're doing!

Thanks again for the kind words, brother.

Dr. Robertsozki - Thanks, Doc!

I really have no idea how much I might get from this grow. I'm such a total rube that I've never grown it, trimmed it, cured it - nothing. Going by the size of my closet and the yield estimates from the breeders, maybe 1.5 lbs or so? I would have to guess that effing up and having 9 plants wedged in there will drag down the amount - maybe by a lot - due to overcrowding and not much light getting down to the bottoms of the plants. I just have no experience in estimating it. I'll be happy with whatever I get, though. It's been a great learning experience so far, and I plan to grow a little every year from now on.

Lucky to have stumbled across MP - a great source of info!

I've just been looking through your links, and I should hope to be able to get to that point one of these days. Beautiful.

GREEN MOJO!

:icon_smile: KEY :icon_smile:

Key, dont let it intimidate you growing outdoors. just takes proper planning and commitment.

Im going huge this year. Much larger than last year.

drfting07 - I'll be watching, for sure.

It's not so much the growing, although that'll be hard enough, I'm sure. It's more the harvesting and trimming that has me a little gun shy. I just ordered a pair of scissors today. I'll be able to get a better handle on all that once I've dealt with this harvest in a few weeks. Not sure I have the mechanisms in place to deal with a large amount of finished product, as I'm just a beginning hobbyist.

You never know, though - Anything's possible!

you are keeping them nice and green they look thick too. can you take a picture of all the plants? I wanna see about how much nug it looks like. If you could 1.5 lbs of meds. My type of party lol keep it up YOU'll b an expert in no time

Hey Doc Robertsozki - it's kind of hard to get a picture of all 9 plants at once, so I tried to get 3 pictures of a row of 3 plants. I didn't mean to grow 9 plants, because I figured some might not germ and/or i might kill a couple or three. So I figured once I had 9, I'd just run with them. It's kind of a mess in the closet now. I don't think I ever got a good canopy going, and I had some trouble with yellowing fan leaves - with some dropping off.

So, if you can figure out the harvest situation from these pics, that'd be great! I am clueless. I just took the breeders' estimates and multiplied it by my 1.5 m squared closet size to get the 1.5 lb. figure. I wouldn't be surprised if the overcrowding limits how much I get in the end. Anyways, here's the pics - left to right and front to back. Then a pretty poor attempt at all 9.

1 - wwxbb, wwxbb, fruity chronic juice
2 - hex, applejack, fcj
3 - wwxbb, fcj, wwxbb
4 - all 9

Thanks! key

left side.2.jpg

middle.2.jpg

right02.jpg

all9.jpg

Man I loves yur WWxBB.:icon_smile:

Thanks, man. Pulled a couple buds off the bottom tried 'em - I loves it,too! :fly:

Psyched about trying a couple of these ladies outdoors next. Hopefully should be some huge buds!

hello from what I see I think you should get 1 1/4 pounds. you are using a 600w to flower right you should get it real close to the buds to see the bud explosion at week 6

So, how close is real close? They're on day 36 so this is week 6, right? I should try to get all the buds at the same level first?

Sorry for all the Q's - I appreciate the help, doc.

key2hwy said:
So, how close is real close? They're on day 36 so this is week 6, right? I should try to get all the buds at the same level first?

Sorry for all the Q's - I appreciate the help, doc.

no problem thats what we are here for to share and help eachother

depending on your temperature you can get as close as 6 inches. but the hood needs to b vented WARNING MAKE SURE YOU SLOWLY LOWER THE LIGHT. AT ANY SIGN OF STRESS MOVE BACK. you don't want to burn the tops.

day 36 would b week 5
at day 45 should b week 6
and thats when they get real big. so you still have time to lower your light.
how far is your light from the tops now?
and YES try to get all the buds at the same level.

good luck friend!

Latest posts

Back