A Greenhorn's 1st Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK - on some great advice I went in and cleaned up my closet, moving all the girls around, evening up my canopy. I was able to get all the main colas within an inch or two of each other and then put the light to 12 inches above.

There were 3 tiny branches - all on WW x BBs - down low that were bent or broken, so I took them off. There was one pretty large branch - also on a WW x BB - with a good sized cola on it that was bent, so i splinted it up and think it'll be fine. Hope so anyways. The closet sure looks neater, and doing a lot of tying and rearranging made it pretty easy to get everyone their place "in the sun." I must be getting hooked on this thing, because it was a lot of fun, actually. Fine use of a coffee buzz.

So now front to back, left to right:

pic 1 - wwbb, aj, fcj
pic 2 - wwbb, fcj, wwbb
pic 3 - fcj, hex, wwbd
pic 4 - splint with what I could find
pic 5 - big harvest!

Thanks again to all who are making this a lot easier. MP is a great site!

GREEN MOJO and PEACE!

:icon_smile: key :icon_smile:

left2.jpg

center2.jpg

right2.jpg

splint.jpg

tinybuds.jpg

key2hwy said:
. There was one pretty large branch - also on a WW x BB - with a good sized cola on it that was bent, so i splinted it up and think it'll be fine. Hope so anyways.

looking good how are they liking the light?
sometimes when is too far in to flower is better to cut the broken branch cuz it can take energy to heal away from energy to bud your other buds will get bigger to make up k later keep it up

That makes sense, Doc. I def don't want the plant directing energy to something that isn't productive at this stage.

When I looked again at the branch, the cola was only about 2.5" long, so I took the branch off. I trimmed it up and hung it in the dark to dry.
Get a little taste ahead of time. :smoke1:

Too early to say how they are liking the light at 12" but I'm keeping a close eye on things.

Thanks again, and I'll keep posting regularly.

looks like you got some big danky coloas going... what are you gonna do with so much meds? LOL

and a little taste ahead of time is always a good way to test the goods good luck in your last weeks if you have any questions about flushin or drying let me know

LOL - I have no idea what I'm going to do with it all. I guess that's a good problem to have. "Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope."

I'm sure I'll be hitting you up again before it's over. Thanks for the help!

Peace,

:cool2: Hello key2hwy,

Hey your grow is looking really nice friend ;)

As a first time grower i gotta say you are doing exceptionally well :)

I don't get to visit many grows due to having a "young family"

But i wish you MOJO for the remainder of your grow,

Well done.
THC :D

Thanks, THC - I appreciate the kind words!

I came out of the blocks pretty shakily, but have been doing alright as it's been progressing. Beginner's Luck. I've made some real mistakes, but I knew I would. Hopefully I can bring it home now with no last minute screw ups.

Never possible, though, without MP and the good folks who comprise it.

Good luck with the family-and thanks again!

Peace,

You have certainly had some top rated family members helping you out !
Which is really awesome guys ;)

Ya kinda got to skip past the crawl.
Walking makes things so much easier :D

Carry on key2 :D

Mojo to you and the MP fam :D

:yeahthat: You obviously hit the floor runnin. Im glad the research paid off and your having such a successful first grow. Maybe this will help some new-comers stop and smell the roses. :hubba:

Keep it up brother! :cool2: much green mojo your way.

Thanks again, drfting07! I appreciate all the kind MOJO!

And thanks again, THC! You guys are awesome!

I tried to do my homework, but I still knew I'd get myself into some binds, and I did just that - more than one. But they weren't too serious, and the good folks here at MP really helped me out - from planning right up until this post.

Peace,

Quick weekly check in - Day 40 of flowering.

Everybody is getting frostier now. All 9 girls seem happier after being tied up for a few days. :eek: I was able to get more buds in the light and there's a bit more breathing room for everyone. More light is getting down lower, too. Great advice - thanks MPers for all the help! :D

Not a lot to report, but I'm trying to stick to a schedule of posting every 7 days now. I will try to lower the light down this weekend to see if I can jump start some further bud growth. I'll try and keep a close eye on it.

pic 1 - white widow x big bud
pic 2 - fruity chronic juice
pic 3 - hex
pick 4 - applejack

peace and green mojo, MPers!

wwbb.jpg

fcj.jpg

hex.jpg

aj.jpg

From start to finish this thread be great readin pilgrem Sorry took so long gettin yur fireside but am jelous of yur fine pouch fillin material, well done pilgrem

BWD

Thanks, BWD - appreciate the dap for my thread! I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's been a lot of fun so far. MP is a righteous site.

I've been looking around on your thread, too, and I'm real curious to see how you handle 9 plants in about the same space as I'm trying to handle my 9. There's so much to soak in and being able to see pictures is going to help a lot. They look great so far - I'm hooked!

green mojo for your grow!

dont reckon mine to be fillin nice like yurs doin but be interestin too fur me cause never had 9 goin befur ussualy only get bout 4 tops at time but I be just as curious as yual to my trails end on this one ;)

BWD

:ciao: K2

Think i smell another Bud Pic of The Month Entry :hubba:

Looking soooperb K2 :48:

:guitar: Thx, THC - listening to some Oils now in your honor! :guitar:

Firstly, excellent grow! After reading this fully, it seems you used the exact setup and materials I'm going to be using! Glad to know the 600w Cool Tube with the "smaller" hood is producing such a good looking yield for you. I have to work on setting up my area and getting everything in the next couple of weeks, so expect 1,000 questions or so to be thrown your way lol!

Greenest of mojo to you Key.

I'd be very happy if i could return some of the green mojo that's been passed my way throughout my grow. I don't know much, but I sure remember the answers to the questions that I've had.

Are you going to do a grow thread? What's your setup going to be?

Contact me any time at all and I'll try to help or find the answer if I don't know it, which will more than likely be the case! :eek:

Thanks, Ellis D! (I think I remember you from back in the '70s....) :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm going to do a grow thread once I start purchasing some items and get the space cleared out. I was going to do the same exact type of setup you have, really. So contacting you will be something I do often! lol! :cool:

OH and name is just a word play.. haven't touched that stuff in over 11 years, hah. :D

key2hwy said:
I'd be very happy if i could return some of the green mojo that's been passed my way throughout my grow. I don't know much, but I sure remember the answers to the questions that I've had.

Are you going to do a grow thread? What's your setup going to be?

Contact me any time at all and I'll try to help or find the answer if I don't know it, which will more than likely be the case! :eek:

Thanks, Ellis D! (I think I remember you from back in the '70s....) :rolleyes:

NICE PICTURES!!!! I like them all but I really really lke you whitewidow x big bud also you hex is looking very healthy n green. nice picturtes I can spend hours looking at those buds you should take like 50 pictures that would be so kool.... k gotta go vaporize

Latest posts

Back