Best time to harvest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red_ss

Reaction score
Guys iv been wodering what is the pefict time to harvest with out a microscope? i went to radio shack but they dont have any.. so i might just harvest with out it..

i want the perfict time to get a strong long lasting buzz that take me out of the world.!

the strain im growin needs 55-60 flowering days.. which means 8 weeks+5 days

thank you

Get yourself a jewlers loop,15 bucks on ebay or go to a jewler and tell him you paint little guys in bottels and you like to by a loop.Thats what I did until I got a scope.Keep it GREEN:D

:joint: Don't know where you live, but you'd be suprised at the availability of hand held x scopes. If not in town, try the net and ask for quick delivery if you have to. It won't be more than $20.00 and you are definetly need one sooner or later.
I screwed up my first grow (well part of it), not heeding everyones advice about the scope. Now I have one and what a difference.:hubba:

'Fro

thank you guys.. i mean is it possople to have good harvest without that scoop? is it that important?

Yes it is better.You get in there and get a chance to look at the trich's really good,to find out when your plant is at peak potency.Other wise you'll just be guessing on it.Why guess and possibly cheat yourself out of a higher potency yield?A microscope,IMHO,a important tool for all of us growers to have.Keep it GREEN:D

red_ss said:
thank you guys.. i mean is it possople to have good harvest without that scoop? is it that important?
i always went by the color of the hairs, but i kept hearing on this outspoken wonderful forum that i HAD to have a scope, and being the "old school" kind of guy all i thought was bull...deposits!!!! (needless to say the forum and mods taught me to mind my language a bit)...
i got on ebay and found a 30x jewler loop for next to nothing. it came in and WOW, what a difference. there's a whole other world happening inside that bud that we cant see...and this is only 30x. i HIGHLY recommend getting something, and you wont be happy with just a magnifying glass. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290210474564&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=290206461576&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&usedrule2=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu%3DISS%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4 thats the link to one that costs a buck, shipping is 3.00, its exactly what i got...and you get a nice case to keep it from dust and stuff...its worth over 10 times that!
i'm finding out (the hard way) that the old school is something to learn from, not something to just stick with.

I tried a Mag glass but cant see the trichs well enough..I Baught the Radioshack scope and have had a lot of fun..it is amazing..If you are wanting to harvest at the peak of ripeness..try buying one from Radioshack.com..I don't know if I could say with out a scope...I have notice that the fan leafs do start falling off dayly and Im harvesting this weekend...Good luck Friend..and find a scope....

red_ss said:
Thank you guys.. im going to find one

You wont regret it one bit :aok: i had one from the start since it was recommend to me and it works wonders. I got mine from the shack too its fun as heck to be fried out of my mind and look at the trichs at 100x :rofl: i feel like the Cheshire cat sitting on a shroom :rofl:

Dubbaman said:
You wont regret it one bit :aok: i had one from the start since it was recommend to me and it works wonders. I got mine from the shack too its fun as heck to be fried out of my mind and look at the trichs at 100x :rofl: i feel like the Cheshire cat sitting on a shroom :rofl:

lol buddy.. thank you, but after i put it under the scop how would i know when triches is showing?or what is the right time?

can i use the medical microscopes? would they do the job?

pretty much is just a color difference between trichomes.. i here its pretty easy to see even with a 30x jewlers loupe just with a 100x scope you dont have to look as long =)

if you harvest when the majority of the trichromes are an Amber color or orangeish color then its a better over all high.. cloudy is more of a head stone but you still always want some amber in there , not clear cloudy..

red_ss said:

Any type of microscope will do. Basically, anything that zooms in closer than your standard magnifying glass. If your grandmother's old bifocals are powerful enough, you can use those.

You can google trichome to see what they look like; plus I believe others have already posted pictures. As soon as you put a "frosted" leaf or calyx under your microscope, you'll know what they are.

As for harvesting without a microscope check here under "Monitoring Buds" for some tips: http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=12793 Honestly, it's just a guessing game if you don't actually look at the thrichomes. That's probably why everyone's stearing you away from it. There are growers that go by pistils and have great weed. They wait for enough of them to start dieing and receeding, and the calyxes to start to fatten. Not everyone takes a microscope to their plants. If you have a large enough grow, it's really not even practical. Personally, I do; but I can also pretty much determine when they're done by look and smell. Once I think they're ready, I start checking with the microscope to get it just where I want it. That being said, I'm clueless right now on my first sativa; so I'll just keep checking thrichs until I see some amber or red.

Oh, and you can check these grow videos as well for some visual aid: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=greenhouseseeds
There's more on youtube as well. Hope that helped...

Heres a great thread on what your looking for with any micro that is over 30x magnification, great part is its from our very own Hippy so be sure to thank him for the pics and thread ;)

red_ss said:

Any thing with 30x or better will do the trick and to see the differences Hippy had a great bunch of photos on it.

ebay.com

10X loupe or better.

harvest when trikes are ambering more than they can be created clear. 75% amber will guarentee killer get u down buds.

EDIT********the black loupe 10 X for 15bux is the radio shack equivlant mr bubbles...

I would like to know the one from radio shack everybody buys.

Latest posts

Back