Cali Connection Genetics Group Grow! aka: CCGGG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a transplant today. Check out those roots!! I think I will do one final transplant in a few weeks and I will be using five gallon smart pots. I will be happy if I get two females.

0324111803.jpg

Nice roots maineharvest!

I soaked the beans for 30 hours in a cup of water with a couple drops of H2O2, and all showed tap roots. I then put them in a wet paper towel for another 48 hours and most of them have already popped out of their seeds. All 10 of them have at least a half inch root going. They all were transfered into rockwool cubes today that were soaked in water with a couple drops of H2O2 and then ph'd to 6.5. They were then each placed in soil in my clone box and covered with a humidity dome. Once they get to be a few inches tall and shed their seed capsules they will be removed and placed into 16oz cups in the veg closet :)

I can't believe they germed this quick. 4 days since dropping into water and they are already shedding seed caps :) And all 10 still look great, germinating and continuing to grow. :) :D :hubba: :p
3-24-11 002.JPG 3-24-11 003.JPG 3-24-11 005.JPG
-SSF-

Off to a perfect start. Will you be running anything for odor control? That Sour can get pretty smelly.

maineharvest said:
Off to a perfect start. Will you be running anything for odor control? That Sour can get pretty smelly.

Oh yea. Two 600HPS cool tubes, 4 inch Vortex inline fan, and carbon filter on one duct line. And if it is needed I have another inline fan and carbon filter. I'm prepared for it to get staaaaaanky in here. :D

-SSF-

Looking good guys....SSF I hve never seen them germ right out of their hats while still in the paper towel. Must make putting them in soil easy.

So I wasnt happy with the transplant that I did yesterday because the new pots wernt that much larger than the old ones so I bought some 3 gallon smart pots and did another transplant. I figured it might be stressful for them now but in the long run it will be better for them. The smart pots I got are taller and thinner than the other one Im using so plants can be packed in tight and they also have two little handles so they are very easy to carry with the plant in it. My fat cat loves the heating pad.

0325111316.jpg

0325110910.jpg

I also realised that a quarter teaspoon of Super Thrive will lower the ph of a gallon of water by 2-3 points. That could be what is causing some of my problems. I bought some ph up today so I am good to go.

:holysheep: FIVE days, only 5 days since dropping all 10 of the Original Sour Diesel in a cup of water. All 10 cracked after 30 hours. I put them in rockwool cubes in soil 2 days ago and today they are all growing out of the soil! I can't belive it but all ten are still thriving. If you scroll up and look at my picture of them from two days ago when they were just coming out of the paper towel you can see the difference. Only one has yet to shed it's seed cap. These seedlings are only 5 days old and are already larger than 5 Hashberry seedling I have in the same box which were germinated 10 days ago. I am going to start putting these into 16 oz cups as they begin to outgrow the box they are in. They will be planted up to their neck because of all the seedling stretch and moved to the veg area. Keeping my fingers crossed all 10 make it. :D
seedlings 003.JPG

-SSF-

Bit of a stretch but burying them will fix that...so far so good bro.

Had a slight catastrophe at the ranger household...but with twin 3 year old boys, that's expected. #2 was chasing #1 around with a golf club (it was plastic) and took wide turn around the corner of the table and came into full contact with the chair that I had my bucket on under the light. 2 seconds later, 4 gallons of water on the floor and a very unhappy seedling. I managed to carefully place it back in it's home and it looks like it might survive.

Well thats no good. MJ is a tough plant though, i bet it'll pull through. Ya gotta tell the little one's that they cant play golf in the house..lol.

SSF, thats a different germ technique, ive never seen some one do it like that. It looks like it works for ya though, congrats on all the babies.

I think its been about a week since i posted pics. So far all is well. I transplanted all 6 tahoe's yesterday into 1gal pots filled with Sunshine mix #4 Advanced. It has added mycho's for the roots and tons of perlite. I really love the way it sucks up water, no wait time for it to absorb, and it sounds like rice crispies as it sucks it up.:hubba: The t5's are keeping the nodes nice and tight and temps are still 77degrees.

Ok enough:ignore: .... Heres the pics.

BILD0006.JPG

BILD0002.JPG

BILD0003.JPG

BILD0005.JPG

BILD0004.JPG

BILD0001.JPG

Well, they weren't playing golf. They know better. Now, from what I can understand, they were playing ahhhhhhhh. I don't know the rules for it though.

The plant has straightened up and is growing towards the light. It's still green and growing so I'm hopeful.

Glad to hear the plants ok.

I remember that game i think.... It usually ended up bad for me too. LOL.

Those look great AM! Im going to be starting my remaining four seeds next week and will be growing them in my tent. I will also be ordering either C Plus or C4 from Chimera and running them with the Chem OG.

I think I have spotted my first male but Im not positive yet. I will probably be collecting some pollen and making seeds this summer.

Thanks for the compliment MH! I know if i get a male i'm gunna be making some seeds as well. My cloning skills are a little lacking hahaha. Good luck with your bean order, i love ordering new beans.

Did someone say 'ordering new beans'? If my wife asks, I haven't even looked at anything new (although the new breeder at the tude emerald triangle seems to have some dank).

That dark green color is so pretty AM!! You're rocking it bro. Wish I had that room you've got.

I'm glad you said something about breeding. I was thinking about raking some pollen from a male Tahoe and knocking up a female mosca c99 plant. That won't be for a bit though.

I pulled the net pot this mornin and I have a tail moving down into the water. It looks like the casualty from the game of 'ahhhhhh' has been downgraded to a status of critical, but hopefully it'll pull through.

Thanks TKR! I consider my self pretty lucky to have a wife who lets me do this, and a basement thats big enough. It did take alot of work though, all the walls are limestone and had 120 year old dust every where. Weeks of cleaning were needed to get this place up to par.

Hopefully the breeding goes well. Knowing my luck i'll pollenate my whole crop lol. I do have a Bubba Kush and white domina that i just started. i was hoping to cross a tahoe with one of them as well.

I wish I had a basement. My wife is great about it, but she worries of course. We've reached an agreement that gives her her closet back, and is more stealthy. I'll have a big show going in about 2 weeks as I start getting to work on the DIY.

Keep us up to date on the breeding project when ya start. I always need more reading information!

Latest posts

Back