Come on Monsanto - build us a ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is horrible Rose is Monsanto just jumped into the cannabis world in a big way.

They just bought General Hydroponics.

Big money is coming to take over the Industry.

NCH, NOOOOOOOOOOO Tell me this isn't true.. horse blank Don't tell THG... I don't think it is good for me to hate monsanto so much. It is a huge conglomerate, that is a lot of hate. I need to have another cause. How did you find that out Hal?

yup! hydro store owner told me this yesterday GH and he said CAPP is sold to i think. said he wont be restocking any thing from GH any more that if he can't drink it he won't sell it

NEW YORK, April 2, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Hawthorne Gardening Company announced today that it has taken a major next step in building a portfolio of brands to serve the needs of indoor and urban gardeners.

Hawthorne, through its subsidiary Hawthorne Hydroponics LLC, has purchased the business of General Hydroponics, Inc. and Bio-Organic Solutions, Inc. The liquid nutrients and growing media products manufactured by these California based companies are marketed under the General Hydroponics and Vermicrop brands, respectively. Hawthorne also owns leading niche organic gardening brands such as EcoScraps® and Whitney Farms® and is a partner with AeroGrow International, a leading manufacturer of hydroponic gardening equipment for consumers.

Founded in 2014, The Hawthorne Gardening Company is dedicated to creating high-quality gardening products that empower people to garden no matter where they live or how they choose to grow.

"The trend of urban and indoor gardening is accelerating by the day and we're excited to quickly be emerging as the company that is meeting the unique needs of these consumers," said Chris Hagedorn, general manager of Hawthorne. "The addition of General Hydroponics and Vermicrop to our family of brands is an important step in our history and speaks to our commitment in this space. Our access to capital and technology will allow us to take these outstanding businesses to an even higher level.

"As a family-led business, we're excited and proud to welcome the Brooke family and all of the General Hydroponics and Vermicrop associates to our team. We look forward to building upon their legacy of serving specialty retailers and providing them and their consumers the high quality products that have become synonymous with these brands."

Ross Haley, CEO and co-founder of Vermicrop, will continue to oversee both brands and will remain based in California. All manufacturing operations will remain in place.

"When we were searching for a partner to take our business to the next level we weren't looking for who could write the biggest check," Haley said. "Our family wanted a partner who shared our values and shared our vision. We found that with Hawthorne and we're excited to start the next chapter in our business."

Glad I am organic:)

As long as Monshithole doesn't corner the market in EM, I'll be OK :)

Now GH is in the same family as Round-up and Miracle-Gro.

I was surprised to hear this happening so soon. My friends and I discuss where the Industry is going all the time, and we all know that Big Money, be it Pharma for the medicinal side, or others, such as Monsanto, that will take over.

From what I see, they are going to take over Popular, and profitable, brands in the Hydro Industry first. Pretty soon, most everything in a hydro store will be owned by a few Big companies.
I would not be surprised to see the small, local owned hydro shop soon go under. Once the main Hydro companies are acquired, they will use their own distribution networks, and you will have to go to Home Depot, or Sears to buy any growing products.
Google Sears Hydroponics. Sears is already selling everything you would need to fire up any size show.

They are going to stay on the non growing side, for now. They will not touch being involved with living plants, just every item that a person would need to grow.
Once the Feds, and only the Feds, "legalize" it, they will take over herb production also.
There is no getting around it. Sure, it might take a bit for the Machine to build up, but build it they will.

"When we were searching for a partner to take our business to the next level we weren't looking for who could write the biggest check," Haley said. "Our family wanted a partner who shared our values and shared our vision. We found that with Hawthorne and we're excited to start the next chapter in our business."

Yeah right... I am so depressed. Whitney farms, i love there seed starter..no more.. Crap. and what is bio organic? bologna.

Wow, guess I stopped with gh just in time

Well, I guess that I will be switching to AN's Jungle Juice. I had been thinking about trying them as they appear to be the same formulas and the JJ is cheaper. I also liked Whitney Farms products. That is so "unfortunate".....

hahahahaha JUNGLE JUICE YES!!

Sorry, I'm giggling to all you GH'ers that rip on us JJ'ers heheheh :)

(I'm teasin' :) )

Well as long as u buy whats on the shelf now it's still GH but change will be inevitable at some point may as well switch now. Basically what my guy told me to do was just switch now, but this whole run has been in GH so I just bought more of it to finish out the run.

don't trust them, these monsanto co are like the devil's clan, jeez i read their history and its scary. and with the history of weed and what a priority it was to ban it, I would never trust them, they could practically take over the market and put carcinogens in weed and then new articles will be published simultaneously titled "New scientific studies suggest that mj is cancerous" and there goes your legalization efforts for the next what 50 years? lol someone has to keep them out of mj world altogether, they don't fit in.. nothing like a monsantan smoking up lol

Well as long as u buy whats on the shelf now it's still GH but change will be inevitable at some point may as well switch now. Basically what my guy told me to do was just switch now, but this whole run has been in GH so I just bought more of it to finish out the run.

Yes, the GH nutes are the same, but the money is now going to Monsanto. THAT alone will keep me from buying any more GH products at all.

BOYCOTT MONSANTO!

Yes, the GH nutes are the same, but the money is now going to Monsanto. THAT alone will keep me from buying any more GH products at all.

BOYCOTT MONSANTO!

great point I agree... gonnna find a new nute line

Yeah they worked great for me. Easy to use too.

glad i stumbled in here.. had no idea about GH
what a shame :(
gonna be hard to avoid these guys soon.

but hell, the whole worlds gonna be one big conglomerate eventually anyway, the way things are heading though i guess.

Latest posts

Back