Container and space suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Friend-of-a-friend

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a first time closet grower who just changed over to 12/12 lighting, and so far so good. But I am getting a bit ahead of myself and already thinking of next grow and how i can improve my setup. This first grow is from bagseed, but i got lucky and its a mostly (if not all) Indica strain, which I've heard is easier to grow for first timers and isnt as space consuming as Sativas. I'm in a closet as I stated which is 2.5' x 5' x 7.5' . I'm growing in MG moisture control under a 420 Watt AgroSun bulb, with numerous flouro ballsts rigged around plants for supplemental side lighting. I was paranoid of rootbound plants, so after germinating transplanted to 5 gal buckets, which seems a bit excessive and are very ungainly in my closet. My question are these; when grown in dirt, what is the minimum suggeted container size suggeted, and what COST EFFECTIVE alternatives would you guys recomend to the round buckets which eat up, yet waste so much space? And with this setup and dimensions, what is reasonably the most plants to expect to be able to grow in dirt (still a little green and nervous and broke to give hydro a go)? Any suggestions will be considered and appreciated.

square buckets.

1 gallon for every foot of growth is a good rule of thumb, but you cant really overdo it, 5 gallon pots will most def not need to be watered that often depending on how much water you give at feedings or waterings.

g/l

i use 3 quart paint pails with great success!!!!!!! takes alittle extra care but it saves on room and soil . you have to stay on top of their water and nutes

JBonez said:
square buckets.

1 gallon for every foot of growth is a good rule of thumb, but you cant really overdo it, 5 gallon pots will most def not need to be watered that often depending on how much water you give at feedings or waterings.

g/l

Excellent advice :)

Friend-of-a-friend said:
My question are these; when grown in dirt, what is the minimum suggested container size suggested, and what COST EFFECTIVE alternatives would you guys recommend to the round buckets which eat up, yet waste so much space? And with this setup and dimensions, what is reasonably the most plants to expect to be able to grow in dirt (still a little green and nervous and broke to give hydro a go)? Any suggestions will be considered and appreciated.
1 month per gallon is also often quoted......................

Square pots do butt up nicely

and

come in many sizes / volumes....

As to the number of plants in your space..........................

more info is required on your set up.

Lighting and environmental controls will effect the number / size of plants that you can grow with success in your space.......

Latest posts

Back