curious about leaf twisting and looking for overall suggestions--LOTS OF PICS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firsttimegrwr

Reaction score
Hey MP,
were currently in our 3rd week of growing six clones. below you can see pictures of our set up. all six are different strains and so they obviously are acting differently. for some of them we feel it is time to move up the light shelf. others as you can see are shorter and so were not sure if it would be bad to have the lights too far away from the short ones (the grand daddy purp is the smallest one of them all; the black widow, white widow, and krypto are all fairly tall, possibly within an inch of the CFL). the lights are arranged as so: two tracklights with cfls that can be moved seperately, a board in between those two tracklights that has two sets of blue LCD panels attached, and on the front and back wall, in the middle, a panel of white LCD lights. we know that when flowering comes we should get red LCD panels, when we do we'll probably get rid of the white ones.

also a few of the leaves seem to be twisting, and this is occurring mostly on the taller and thicker of the plants which are closer to the lights (ive outlined in black boxes a bit of what im talking about, but its harder to see in photos). is this a problem or just a result of early growth?

aside from these two things, im overall looking for suggestions on how to optimize the yield and ensure healthy plants. keeping in mind we have limited height space (about 4 and a half feet), when should we start flowering? its also rather hot in there (as low as 80 degrees and as high as 90 when we have all the doors closed). we were thinking about having a vent coming in from outside, and seeing as how we live in the mountains, we thought that cold, high altitude air would be best for THC production when we begin flowering. whats the optimal temp?

were watering them with 2 QTs of water between the six of them, once every two days? is this good? when should we begin to add nutes and what is the best to buy (we started with a premium soil, brand named SuperSoil)?

any help at all is appreciated. were new to this so I know we cant do everything right the first time. nonetheless...

thanks

DSC00952.JPG

DSC00953.JPG

DSC00954.JPG

DSC00955.JPG

DSC00956.JPG

DSC00957.JPG

DSC00958.JPG

DSC00959.JPG

DSC00960.JPG

I have wanted to ask this very question as well. Mine where twisting much worse than yours, literally 180 degrees, but have now gone back to normal mostly. LED's have intrigued me as well, I will follow this one.

mine also have had something like this going on, I also gave them a bit of nute burn I think this may have something to do with it in my case.

Did you not do any research before diving in the deep end?

Hello Firsttimegrwr :)

Why are you using shielded lights?

All your doing is pointing light in a straight line.

Your lights are totally wrong.

You need open CFL lights in your vegetative area.

All plants need a same height canopy, so you put a book or a brick under the small ones so they are all the same height.

Your leaves are twisting because your PH is out.

Something else you need to learn, sit down in your school chair, take your pencil out and lick its end, the most important thing you will ever learn about MJ starts here, click it.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28984

You need fresh air in, old out.

You havnt even planned this far to have bought nutrients :rofl:

1 of 2 things here are going to kill your plants.

Ignorance is 1, you are the second.

I have given you answers above.

You can come back with your reply as a grown up, or angry as a child.

Your choice.

Welcome to the forum :)

:peace:

P.s. Lazy people cant be arsed to change a picture to its correct angle.

So how will you have the ability to daily look after plants?

Just wanted to add this to HIE statement, when I see leaves doing this it usually is the first sign of your PH going out of range.. You need to know your soils runoff PH, you may need to add some buffers..

And yes you need different lighting...

That was a bit of a harsh hello but I also do not disagree. I am also on my first, I do believe I have done allot with very little. You have several very nice strains that I am sure you do not want to kill. Hell, I am so proud of my own bag seed momma let alone some top quality name brand there. The cheap way is not always best.

I know ph was not an issue on my plant. It very well may be yours. If this is your first forum everyone is going to scream at you to read read read so don't let that bother you. From the help I have received so far, I love this place.

If I where you, I would go drop about 25 to 30 bucks on some 32 watt 6500k cfl bulbs, the spiral type. Get a ph test kit, and use good water. You have to plan weeks ahead. I have so far done well on some Miracle Grow liguid food. I would not necessarily recomend it though. Bought some name brand bloom nutes today actually, as I am about to start to flower once my lights finally get here. If you want to go LED you need some serious lights. Check EBAY maybe, I have seen some cool ones go for several hundred bucks. You also need to worry about your air circulation like the Hippy said. There is allot to read here, I have learned allot.

Good luck.

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/Industrial-Strength-grow-light-LED-bar-Ultra-bright_W0QQitemZ180385051076QQ

we already have a ventilation system set up but its still hot in there when we close the doors. thats why i was asking about more ventilation....

i appreciate the advice about the lights and will change them. the attitude im no so fond of but will take it considering it comes with the advice....

One thing you gotta learn is you can't bring your feelings with you to MP!

So what is the final conclusion? pH out of whack?

I noticed this happened to my clone, but none of the other ones I started from seed. This hasnt happened to any other plant. Ive got a 430w HPS on them.

twisted leaf.JPG

Latest posts

Back