dwc airstones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchashow

Reaction score
i kno u have 2 have airstones but does it matter how big they are? or how many you have in each bucket? i see sum 1 inch airstones. well actually they say glass air stone diffusers. will these work if i use 3 in each bucket??

more air the better, click on my link below to see mine, i use 5" discs

I use a 12 inch bubble bar and a 4" disc in one and a 5" disc and 6" airstone in the other... The bigger the airstone the more bubbles it can put out, if you don't have a big enough airstone it's going to have air pressure build up and will kill the life of your air pumps. As far as oxygenating your roots, the more the better.

You want your airstone to have the finest (meaning smallest) holes possible.... The smaller the bubbles with the same amount of air means more surface area in the bubbles for O2 to become dissolved..... It is not necessarily how big your stone is or to pump all the air into your water possible......

There are maximum amounts of O2 that can be dissolved into any given body of water, the exact concentration can be affected by temp among a few other factors.... A small air pump running a small 1-2" airstone in a 5 gallon bucket will easily keep the water in that bucket with a 95% or more concentration of dissolved O2.

Latest posts

Back