Ekoostik_Hookahs Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok ya, they have been like that since yesterday. or this morning...i cant rember..not long

to be honest, it looks like they would if they didn't GET any water...

however, its hard to tell, are the leaves turning black? If so, that's a sign of root rot/overwatering

No, they are kinda darkish green. but it has to be overwatering.
i watered them a few days ago, but kinda alot..
we will see whats up when i wake up later this morning.

omg, i dont know how, but it was underwatering.
Sure didnt look like overwatering....the leaves were very swollen, and heavy, and thick....like in overwatering.
but i noticed that a bottom leaf was dry and crunchy, so i watered 2 of the plants to see the effects, and it perked back up to normal in about 30mins.
so i watered the rest, they should look good soon too.

Ha.. well thats great you got it figured out man! My last plant would honestly do the same thing every 24 hours if i did not water (minus the spaghetti stem that is odd) So i guess it was a good indicator when it was in need of water but a little scary everytime i opened my closet and I was looking at droopy a plant.. And by the way your room or whatever you built is just awesome! I swear i can't figure out exactly what is going on (I guess with all the secret doors and stuff that was your purpose lol) with it but boy it sure does look like a proper grow room and congrats! :D

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
omg, i dont know how, but it was underwatering.

:rofl: hahaha I knew it by looking at the pics, that classic darkening of the droopy leaf was a sure sign.

BTW, there is only ONE real reason a plant will droop like that, lack of fluids whether it be humidity or lack of watering. Somehow the roots are absorbing much more water than you thought needed. This could be related to dust particulate circulating in the air, heat, etc. All of these will absorb moisture in the air. Or the water simply evaporated quicker than it was absorbed by the roots of the plant causing it to go into a draught condition.

Beauty work! I love hiding stuff right in the open. Just make sure the dust doesnt contaminate your plants!!! Hope everything works itself out.

md.apothecary said:
:rofl: hahaha I knew it by looking at the pics, that classic darkening of the droopy leaf was a sure sign.

BTW, there is only ONE real reason a plant will droop like that, lack of fluids whether it be humidity or lack of watering. Somehow the roots are absorbing much more water than you thought needed. This could be related to dust particulate circulating in the air, heat, etc. All of these will absorb moisture in the air. Or the water simply evaporated quicker than it was absorbed by the roots of the plant causing it to go into a draught condition.

Ya there was alot of dust with the wall construction, that must of been it.
i tried to keep it to a minimum with the dust, but owell, i misted them and there ok, so its all gooooood.
HOOOOOOOOOKAAAH

Picture Update:
Ok, i decided to transplant. I didnt find square pots yet, so i used these nifty round ones. These babys were rooted up!!.

ok, 1st pic is of the first two i transplanted.
2nd is the roots of one of the first two plants.
3rd is both tranplanted.
4th pic is of the second two i transplanted
5th is of the roots of the second set i transplanted.
6th is one of the plants up close, lot of little bud sites.

000_0728.JPG

000_0727.JPG

000_0731.JPG

000_0732.JPG

000_0730.JPG

000_0729.JPG

ya they are looking good.
The roots could of been alittle more root bound, but owell. guess i dont have to transplant for awhile longer.
i just want these babies to show there darn sex!!!

im hoping for all females.....dont we all.

i guess this 12/12 from seed thing is working out alright, i was kinda worried, but growth hasnt slowed yet....which is cool with me.

The babies are looking great EH or should i say young ladies. ;) Here's some GREEN MOJO to give them a boost. :aok:

so my guess of 6-8 plants in my space was way off.
i could fit in 15-16 plants in there. but i would rather do about 11.

Latest posts

Back