Finally Introducing Myself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White Owl

Smokin' in Peace
Reaction score
Well Hello there Everybody!

First let me begin by telling you a little about me. I'm a California Girl and a first time Medicinal Grower. Whoo Hoo for Prop 215! (Kinda, of course that means I am sick :rolleyes: ) Anyway I have just recieved my Dr. referral for the use of Cannabis for my many problems.

I found this forum and want to give all the members that are so quick to respond with their expertise a warm Thank You from this California Girl. I have had numerous issues as well questions that I found good advice for in this forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now to introduce my girls :eek:

This is Mary (from twins), my buddy and I seperated them at birth and he took her twin Jane. She is a 6 week-old Train Wreck clone and has been under a 125w cfl on a 12/12 cycle for 7 days. She has given me 4 baby's that I'm patiently waiting to see if they are going to root. We bound her back so the light could get down to her lower branches. I'm wondering if she needs some of the foliage trimmed back, how much, and where exactly?
Mary.jpg

She seems to be going through a change now and I'm also wondering if this is the beginning stage of flowering?​
Mary Blooming.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my girl Gwedalynn, she is an 5 week-old OG Kush clone. Unfortunately, she has had her main stalk broken and then I nute burned her(Whoops). As you can see she is a fighter. She has given me 1 baby (Waiting for roots) because there weren't many branches to pick from.
She has also gone into the 12/12 cycle under the 125w cfl 2 days ago.
Gwendalynn2.jpg

Hi there WhiteOwl!
Good to have you around!

I'm probably not the best person to advise you here on MP,
but if you are serious about your girls, try get some some proper lights for them, a 125W cfl doesn't sound good for flowering... You'll probably be disappointed :hubba:
Also Don't trim any healthy foliage... The plant needs its leafs to produce good buds...

Enjoy having a grow permit...
Stay safe!

Welcome to the forums. How many plants are you legally permitted to grow? Not sure if Mary is flowering yet... the picture is a tad small and less detailed than it needs to be :(. But if she is flowering, you'll see white hairs and such.

nikimadritista said:
Hi there WhiteOwl!
Good to have you around!

I'm probably not the best person to advise you here on MP,
but if you are serious about your girls, try get some some proper lights for them, a 125W cfl doesn't sound good for flowering... You'll probably be disappointed :hubba:
Also Don't trim any healthy foliage... The plant needs its leafs to produce good buds...

Enjoy having a grow permit...
Stay safe!

Thanks for the advice. Here' s one for you!
Well there is a saying out here, "Trust No One".! Well I should have listened cuz I had an aquaintance that already had his card get my lights for me since I wasn't really legal yet. (Stupid Paranoa) Needless to say..... I didn't realize that when I ordered my 250w cfl that I was actually getting a 125w. Uh that was my last endeavor with this person. Unfortunately for me I hadn't realized that during my first endeavor that he had brought me a 150w cfl box with only a 105w used bulb inside. WOW!!!! Somepeople huh? :angrywife:

So naturally I have to use what I got and I plan to go get a 400hps set up as soon as my finances recoup.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Welcome to the forums. How many plants are you legally permitted to grow? Not sure if Mary is flowering yet... the picture is a tad small and less detailed than it needs to be :(. But if she is flowering, you'll see white hairs and such.

For now I just got the allowance of 12 mature & 6 immature, they will allow up to 99 at different stages though. I am trying to grow in a RV closet with only 30 amps so I just need the minimum. I can go in to my Dr. at anytime for it to be updated if I feel the need. It's pretty cool though I think it will save alot of money growing my own plus it has potential to be much better strands if I can get stronger lights.:)

White Owl said:
For now I just got the allowance of 12 mature & 6 immature, they will allow up to 99 at different stages though. I am trying to grow in a RV closet with only 30 amps so I just need the minimum. I can go in to my Dr. at anytime for it to be updated if I feel the need. It's pretty cool though I think it will save alot of money growing my own plus it has potential to be much better strands if I can get stronger lights.:)

That sounds real nice! I hope you aren't really that sick ;)
Is there a way you can take your girls outdoors??
Is that allowed too?
I'm pretty sure the Californian sun will do a better job when flowering your ladies... It might delay them a bit though :hubba: They wont start budding till mid August in the sun...

Try that if you can... And go get an HPS.. Maybe even get the doctor to prescribe the HPS to ya :D than take the bill to your medical insurance people and ask for your 75%... :rofl:

Start a journal!
See ya around!

nikimadritista said:
That sounds real nice! I hope you aren't really that sick ;)
Is there a way you can take your girls outdoors??
Is that allowed too?
I'm pretty sure the Californian sun will do a better job when flowering your ladies... It might delay them a bit though :hubba: They wont start budding till mid August in the sun...

Try that if you can... And go get an HPS.. Maybe even get the doctor to prescribe the HPS to ya :D than take the bill to your medical insurance people and ask for your 75%... :rofl:

Start a journal!
See ya around!

No I really don't think it is wise to grow outside, I live in a RV park and it could put me into a major court battle. My landlady is so "Upity Up" that she hates anything and anyone that has to do with drugs of anykind (even though MJ isn't a drug at all!).
We had planned on getting stronger lights asap but as luck would have it Momma needs a new air conditioner first!

As for the insurance I can get some of my medication with Medi-cal but I would have to go to a specific county. Unfortunately, they just recieved Federal Funds for raiding medical patients and they really are doing it too!

I think I can do Ok for my first grow with the light I have for now. I am just trying to blow it off and carry on. I know it's going to be slower with less production but it will be a learning curve regardless.

My logic it's like riding the bike with training wheels! :eek:

White Owl said:
I think I can do Ok for my first grow with the light I have for now. I am just trying to blow it off and carry on. I know it's going to be slower with less production but it will be a learning curve regardless.

A nice analogy :)

Expect nothing, be surprised if you make it to harvest, be delighted smoking your own free clean accomplishment if you get any :aok:

Trust me, if help is needed, nobody gets a back turned to them here.

:peace:

Latest posts

Back