Freaking Out Bf Threw All Plants Out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess people who don't buy there nutes at wal mart are inexperinced, newbies...to each their own

legalize_freedom said:
I guess people who don't buy there nutes at wal mart are inexperinced, newbies...to each their own

LOL I've never bought nutes at wal mart. Don't even go there even though there is one less than 2 miles from the house.

Where I used to go was a commercial orchid supply place down in Homestead. The selection of nutes was on the small side because they catered to the commercial greenhouses/nursery's and only sold in case lots or 25# bags sort of thing.

These big boys that bought by the pallet or 55 gallon drum demanded quality and value, thus the small selection.

But, really it's whatever you feel comfortable with. It's not so much what you use, but how you use it.

Expensive nutes don't guarantee a great grow, just as cheap ones don't guarantee a bad one.

DD

well I agree this hardy plant can be grown with just about anything...but I also see nothing wrong with using 50 bucks worth of nutes to get a couple pounds of green.

i am glad for you that you got things sorted out a bit and that at least something survived the issues. things are looking good for you bbb. i have to be like most here and say spend a few extra bux on good nutes but when times are tuff(we all been there) and you gotta do what you gotta do i suggest do it on the lighter side ie. watering, feeding etc. because i have found it easier to fix those and most other issues when i have underdone it instead of overdone it.... make sense :) too much water will damage/kill a plant faster than too little water and the same for nutes, i think lol. anyway, it is just my opinion as well as saying that things look good for you is jmo :), enjoy the happy times. happy growing.

no guys I listen and read and take in everything you all say most o ya have forgotten more than i know but I think a lot of people do spend a little green to get a lot of green.... and thanks to everyone stopping in while i stumble and bumble through all of this bbb

the foxfarm upgrade is good right??

Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil is good/excellent yes. But file this away in case you ever use the Ocean Forest for seedlings.....

Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil can sometimes burn your seedings since it has so much good Nutes in it Naturally. I have found some seedlings like it and are not bothered, I have found others (such as a mango I grew) that was burned bad by the soil, when it was about 2-3 nodes tall. The spots it developed freaked me, then I saw it again in a second season, and figured it was the soil, after much hair pulling and discussion here. Others have also found this to be true.

I remedied this by using the Fox Farm Potting Mix. I hope it was the potting mix that gave me no nute burn anyway....it could have just been the strains I was growing.

I agree 100% with TC...some seedlings can not take the heat of FFOF. I mix mine 50/50 with light warrior for seedlings then when they are established I put them in a 2 parts OF to 1 part LW. With this rich soil you just really need to let your plant tell you when to start adding nutes. Some plants seem to be very nute starved and need nutes within a couple of weeks, and some can sit in the FFOF for 6 weeks and stay green....so you just really need to read your plants....definately listen to what TC had to say though!

definately listen to what TC had to say though!

Listen in this instance.....lol. I try to stay in the bounds of what I have experienced when I post "advice".

I usually start feeding my seed plants at about 4 weeks with quarter strength nutes. 4 or 6 weeks.....just keep an eye out for nute burn and adjust accordingly.

legalize_freedom said:
....so you just really need to read your plants....

THAT, right there, is 99.99% of what growing ability and success is all about.:holysheep:

The plants will tell you what they need, understanding and learning the language is the hard part.;)

TC and LF both seem to be able to talk some 'tree'.:D :D

DD

as usual so much info I love it.. look the first eve white hairs on one of my plants the big one i saved is 5 days into 12/12 an took with a cell phone but she has a lot o them

I know pic is not great but i just wante to share my joy...lol thanks and lf pic im working oin it

white hair.JPG

nice BBB :D good thing you saved them

Congrats on the little lady BBB.
Glad things are settling down.

I also went with HLs selection of MG Seed starter soil and I'm just wrapping up my first small grow. In hindsight I don't feel the MG SS will be my route next time. But I've got 5 bags of it left. I picked up a lg bag of the FFOF and FFLight Warrior. DOS suggested to me that my 1 bag of FFOF and the Light Warrior mixed with my 5 bags of MGSS would make a well balanced mix. So my plan is to plant in 24oz dixie cups with MG SS and then when I transplant at 2-3 weeks.... go with the mix.
We live and learn and find our way. But being new to all this, I found that a trip to Home Depot was less intimidating than going to a Hydro store... just my two cents.
xox
OHC

Yep OHC, I get my nutes and such at the Ace Hardware in town, cost less by a few bucks than the fancy "Hydro" store.

Congrats on the Girl BB AWESOME news.

congrats on the girl! yay...

thanks its a girl lol the skinny little one was a boy so i choped him got almost 12 seedlings comming up.... cript i am flowering with over 24 thousanf lummens of cfls soft white 6500 with a few daylight thrown in im not using hps till next time.......

:yay: on the female, she's like her mommy a true winner

Glad to see it worked out, she will be a special one. Keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back