Have u ever had to crack a seed open?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazda3234wd

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just a quick one, I had a mate give me 2 super silver haze seeds, since they were the only 2 good seeds i had at the time i put everything into them
1st few days in water did not crack open. ended up leaving them there for a week. (any other seed ive had left in water this long would have shown signs of rotting by this stage) these ones had not... so i decided to put them in peat moss cubes for another week.. after no signs of life i dug them up and ended up manually cracking them open with tweezers. I thought this would kill them for sure.....

Ive been growing for many years and have never had this happen before..
The seeds ended up being in water/peat moss for around 3 weeks with no sign of rot, if anything they had turned more black...

and there now up, after all that. I have huge PH probs atm that im trying to deal with ( damn council digging up water pipes) so there growing very very slowly, but i thought this would be a good test, im pretty sure its gunna turn out hermi or male but you never know... if they turn out female shes one tough strain!

anyone else ever had to manually crack seeds open?

It seems to me the seed did not want to crack. I can completely uderstand your effort though. Heres to sending them good fem vibe

i was told to lightly sand the edges to help crack and that worked for me but next time im gonna try

Latest posts

Back