Hello, from Kentucky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

progre55ive

Reaction score
Great to be here. I look forward to getting familiar with the forum. I've lived in KY all my life, most of which in Lexington. I've recently decided to start cultivating after not having done so in about 8 years. I'm currently at the beginning of week five midway in the bloom cycle. So, far, I've been very pleased with the results, and was a little concerned about the possibility of disappointment with first try, no warm up. I did proper research, carefully picking my gear (which I quickly discovered we have a lot more to chose from than we did 8 years ago) to go with my budget, and focused on achieving a dialed in environment, which in my opinion is 90 percent of what really matters, so worry about the other ten later. This was my first time growing in a stealth wooden cabinet, using coco coir, as well as my first time with the SCRoG method. I bought my cabinet at a yard sale I happened to spot from the road, I had a cheap hand me down 400 watt digital ballast and two used HPS/MH bulbs to go with it. Everything else I had to purchase: which was a 4" Can Lite and 4" Active Air, and last but not least a very well made reflector that is being sold under the name UNO Little Sun or something. It seems like the reflector, I recently found out, is made state side somewhere in Columbus, OH, area, and is sold wholesale so the seller can put their logo on the box or whatever. The reflector is solid, and I wouldn't change my decision. My cab is 4 foot x 2 foot, and has about a 4 foot ceiling. Wow, I think I may have got carried away with my intro, so maybe I will take this over and keep going with my grow report, the first in 8 years. I will say this: I love coco. And I may as well ad I'm using Botanicare nutes, and keeping it simple with only Grow and Bloom for soil/coco and Liquid Karma. I'm using tap water, so I didn't bother with Cal/Mag, the water here in Lexington seems to be just fine without. I supplemented every few waters with a little Epsom Salt, and did not run into any issues. The plants looked great and stayed that way. Did I mention I love coco?

cab.grow.post.jpg

:welcome: and green mojo for the grow. looks really plump for 5 weeks. room is dialed in for sure.

what strain you running?

I'm running, Cannadential, by DNA Genetics. I received three clones, each one from a different mother, which were all started from seed. They were a gift from the same friend who donated the digital ballast and used lamps. (It's all about helping each other out.) It's been a real treat to grow; honestly, I probably couldn't have picked a better first strain for my new setup. They have very litttle stretch if height is at all an issue, which was a concern of mine, and they seemed to do perfect in a SCRoG setup. If if tastes as good as it smells, I'll be picking one lucky lady to stick around for another harvest or two. And that's where the real fun will begin: raising the bar on performance and yield. I can't believe it's been eight years since my last harvest; I forgot the joy and excitement which makes it all worth it for me.

Thanks for the warm welcome, friends. ;)

Welcome to MP, looks like your having yourself some fun there. Looking good.

Enjoy your time here.

:ciao: Howdy, I don't live too far away, kinda SW from you... Glad to see someone else from Ky.

:welcome: to Marijuana Passion. :ciao:Best group of growin stoners if there ever were here....Enjoy...and sexy lookin gals there, progre55ive.:hubba:

:peace: n' :bong2:rips,

7greeneyes:)

hey fellow kentuckian!!! i live not far from you :)

TheStickyIcky said:
Didn't realize there were so many bluegrass boys here! :)

Hey, We got the Passion too!!!
:icon_smile: :48:

its not just a bluegrass state, we made bleed blue.but we love green!!

Latest posts

Back