Hey Guys I Got One For Ya

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black1269

Reaction score
I just started flowering and i dont know if it even makes a differance but my fan is also hooked up to my timer and turns off at night should i keep it on?:confused:

Yes you should def keep it on at night just plug it into another outlet. :D

i use a fan controller, so i lower the cfm intake when the lights are off, but generally one would assume, that the plants dont really use co2 without light, negating the need for nighttime ventilation, but this is inaccurate.

Ventilation, while the lights are off is about the best way to combat mold, it will help keep humidity down and otherwise discourage mold growth all together. Not saying it cant happen, but just leave the fan on, its only beneficial.

Yeah, I have a constant intake on my closet. I do have another exhaust fan that kicks on to up my ventalation when the lights come on to keep temps under control, but I never turn the ventalation completely off.

Actually it is all relative--every situation is different. I live somewhere that I have very low RH. My fans run when the light is on and turn off when the light is off. A fan running during my dark period is actually detrimental to my girls...it brings the RH down soooooo low.

Thanks guys tonight i will keep it on all your advice is always appriciated

My fans and exhust run at all times to keep fresh air in and mold out. The wind does not turn off at night outside,,and as long as the temps arnt below 68,,ya should be fine. Anyway,,it works for me..BUT,,,it might not work for you and your conditions. I live in the South,, where ya better leave a fan goen.:D

GeezerBudd said:
My intake runs constantly.
My exhaust goes off with light timer.

I don't have any mold probs so far.

how do you control smell with positive ventilation, im curious.

Wait I am lost. Do you mean your intake fan runs night and day, or do you mean your ocsilating fan?

Latest posts

Back