Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the lights, I have read probably a 50-50 mix of good and bad reviews about the mars lights. Some say the LEDs start failing too soon and others say they are great. I guess $70 is not too much to give a try though. They seem to do well for you. Where did you buy yours, if I can ask?
Here is my Scrog, pretty much what you describe I guess.

View attachment BA0BDE12-6EF3-4419-86BA-FECB9781EC03.jpg

RE --Mane just about everything I use I get from Amazon -- D.D. got that Amazon prime I think it's called ?
Only thing I bought local was my boxes themselves -- and a bottle of Cal/Mag once when I was in a bind !
U working that little space ! -- I didn't know if U knew about a SCROG so I just explained it -- are those some kind of string led or just a reflection ? -- We got all these ruined appliances from Hurricane Harvey -- I still think I could stand one them 8 ft freezers up on end and modify it for a small grow !-- Be bigger than the room RE got !-- They got nice white interiors good insulation and I do the ventalation !-- I'd really like to modify one those Refrigerated shipping containers !--
4:20 --Somewhere -- Good enough for me -- So maybe I had a nap ?

About Mars Hydro LEDs -- They got a flaw but it's the same flaw most these cheap LEDs got -- The light board on Mars 300 is set up in series with 2 circuits -- One chip go bad that circuit shuts down --The way one them old strings of Christmas lights used to do -- U take the light board out and jump around the bad chip and continue to march -- Only other thing in them is the drivers (like little ballast) and a fan ! --and U can't get replacement parts for any of them lights !

So I just ordered one and now you tell me there is a flaw...
It does seem about the right size and whatnot for my small space. Actually I read that there is a small component next to the led that is supposed to keep the circuit intact if one of the led’s go out. Maybe this is a mod since you got yours.

View attachment FE95CE3D-EE88-455D-AF4A-C1B04E978FC0.jpeg

Could be RE -- I haven't been in that White one in the pic but WHT I told U about is from the Mars Hydro 300 s-- I got -- Cuz there is a flaw in dam never everything in this world !-- Knowing what that flaw is can mean tons !-- Looks like from the pic that they fixed that flaw !- I never seen that red component before !--

Scooter dog had her ride !-- Heavy surf today but coming in too close together for the surfers !-- They probably flying across the bay on those kite boards and sailboats !-- Look too much like a jaws lure to me !
I don't want to be a shark lure ---It don't sound fun at all to me !

Hey fellow stoners! I have had me one helluva day. 1st the mailman delivered me an auction notice. Somehow the previous owner managed to avoid paying property taxes on my house for the last 2 years. Don't ask. I went to town and delt with that and then I proceeded to knock down the walls in my grow room and start rebuilding. All in all a frustrating but fruitful day. Hope everyone is doing fine. 2Redeyes, My grow this time is going to be 22 inches from the floor to the scrog screen. Allows for 5&1/2 feet to the ceiling and I have my lights (leds) mounted right close to the ceiling. They were closer but they bleached the crappola out of one of my plants So I moved 'em up..

How many square feet in your SCROG screen Nick ? -- U gonna be able to work it from all sides ? -- Sounds like U got it at a good working height -- So U found out how close U not suppose to put LEDs ? -- They sure not like them tubes U can put right down on a plant ! --Somewhere between a foot and 18 inches should be far enough off them !-- Maybe closer to 18 inches depending on the light I guess ?

16 sq. foot but I used the wall for 2 sides so its going to be tough to git into the back corner. Only 2 plants though so theys a ton of room under neath. I'll put up a pic in a bit

U might need a crooked stick or something to reach that back corner from the bottom but looks like U can do a lot from the top !-- Jump in a see if it works -- That's just how we do ! -- I'm fighting dam white flies -- I got some stuff too close to finishing to dunk so I'm have to put up with them until about Wednesday !-- I found a cure and I've dunked everything but what is in late bloom !-- Still sucks !-- I stripped most the fan leaves and leaves with eggs glued to the bottoms !-- Try to hold them back till I can get those plants down !

I had 3 Nurse clones that survived Harley's jealousy rampage back in July. Mainly because I had given them to a friend. After I got robbed she gave 'em back, still in water. I vegged 'em out in I gallon pots the whole time I was growing those autos, 68 days. Dunno why but them having to re-vegg under 20 hous of light caused 'em to be kinda dwarfish but on the 17th I repotted 'em into the bins and they have tripled in size. I topped 'em the other day and in a week I will flip 'em. I think you can still see the 3rd clone back in the back, still in her one gallon pot. I think I'll take clones from her and "gulp" kill her off? The 2 I scrogged are already going to overflow that net when I flip 'em 'cause the Nurse Larry, you just know its going to stretch a ft when she flips. :vap-Bong_smoker:

I see Donnie going to Vietnam !-- Hope those bone spurs of his don't bother him too bad !--

U might need a crooked stick or something to reach that back corner from the bottom but looks like U can do a lot from the top !-- Jump in a see if it works -- That's just how we do ! -- I'm fighting dam white flies -- I got some stuff too close to finishing to dunk so I'm have to put up with them until about Wednesday !-- I found a cure and I've dunked everything but what is in late bloom !-- Still sucks !-- I stripped most the fan leaves and leaves with eggs glued to the bottoms !-- Try to hold them back till I can get those plants down !

You might think its sacrilegious but when I got spider borgs I emptied everything out of the grow room and sprayed down the walls and floor with spider killin insecticide. Waited until evening, ventilated the heck out of the room and put everthing back. In about 3 days, no more bugs and the weed was fine. You know how hard the borg are to get rid of. By the way. I seen that window air conditioner. That was th source of my bug problem. I had to build a screen over the thing.

I'm glad U were able to get NL back !-- She give me some babies fathered by the Black Berry Snow Lotus and I gots myself a Black Nurse sexing right now !-- I was trimming a Master Kush and found a stray seed --- I'll have to keep my eye open for a few more -- Ain't never just one seed !-- I also got one Umbra's Squish -x-Oregon Lemon sexing !-- I only got 2 lemon plants -- It be a boy that's Waldo's replacement !-- If it is a dank lemon girl I just have to live with it !-- One thing is I've grown some of Umbra's work and dank ain't ever in question !
I be collecting pollen from Waldo next couple days then he die !--

I don't even want to talk about spidermites !-- Spit!--Spit !-- These whites flies ain't nothing like the Borg !-- I just don't want the stuff I'm using it on soon to be harvested bud !-- It's a biological !-- Use a bug to kill a bug !-- When I say bug it's just a throw back to the hospital days !-- Someone have an infection U would ask what bug they got !-- Kinda slang that covered everything from bacteria to viruses and even fungus or yeast !-

I pretty much grow in a sealed environment, kinda like you, the weak spot was the ac. Only three ways to get bugs of any type. The grow medium you use, Clones from other sources, and the outside environment. Since I can't go buy clones I only have to deal with the other twoI got a nylon mesh screen around my ac like the one on my Harley's carby. Keeps the critters out and no more problems.:vap-Bong_smoker:

Don't know much about avatars Nick !-- Grow in a sealed environment ? -- Dat's funny right there !-- Central air -- Growing in a spare bedroom with a window unit !-- Light leaks ? --Yup got them too !--- Please !--Even my boxes leak sometimes ! -- I am way far away from a sealed grow !-- I had to take the car and fill up my gas can and come home --Fill up the scooter so Princess Ginger could have her ride !-- She a registered scooter dog !-- I got one those puppy carriers like a backwards back pack goes on your chest !-- I put her in it and off we go ! -- She like to ride !--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back