Homebox tent questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beege

Reaction score
What symptoms were people having with the old tents that had gassing problems? I bought a tent and was told that it is a newer one that doesnt have the problem, but they were also the one selling it to me so who knows?

Be more specific please, are you talking about the PVC tents?

From what i have read there are many varied symptoms ranging from yellowing leaves to main stem not developing fully with fragile branches.
Sings of over feeding to deficiencies and anything in between, pith in the stems can be eroded.

Sorry forgot it's a homebox you are using..

Homebox claim their tents were not affected by out gassing as they use a different plastic (polyethylene)l to the other brands affected
a lot of the affected tents seem to be constructed using PVC.
There is a better explanation and a link to the test report carried out on hombox tents on their website.

Good luck.

I think that was Hydrohuts that were having that problem, I could be wrong on that.

Hydrohut, Hydrofarm habitat, Sunhut tents have all had problems with outgassing.

Homebox and secret jardin tents are reported to be unaffected.

I dont know what I was thinking, this one is a Sunhut. Any way to tell for sure if this one is suspect?

Well as you say the shop you purchased it in seems to be aware of the problem so chances are the tent will be fine.

Have a look on the box your tent came in is there a production number on it or date of manufacture if so email the manufacturer with this number to veirify that the tent was made after the problem units were recalled.

Or throw a few house plants in there for a week or so.

Latest posts

Back