Members Only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy New Year everyone!
It just so happened that up pot day fell today, and I couldn’t think of a better way to ring in the new year, but first…
IMG_4379.jpeg
IMG_4380.jpeg
IMG_4383.jpeg

I chopped the small bud pheno of
ECSD X Ogers yesterday at 71 days.
I couldn’t think of a better way to end the
year, as the saying goes, out with the old, in with the new.
IMG_4391.jpeg

A third Herijuana X Blueberry went into 12/12 today.
IMG_4393.jpeg

Also in flower are two Lucky Lemons, and a Purple Ghost Candy.
IMG_4394.jpeg

IMG_4395.jpeg

One of the Lucky Lemons is the next to come out.
IMG_4397.jpeg

Which brings us to what’s going on in veg.
Took 3 cuttings from the ECSD x Ogers on the far left.
I am gonna be a little butt hurt if the Passion Fruit on the far right turns out to be a male. Only 3 out of four seeds popped, and I managed to kill a seedling when I was up potting the peat pellets, one was the male I kicked out the other day. If this’n shows male, I have to start over with this strain.
IMG_4396.jpeg

In the other end of veg, you will find the four Sugar Belts seedlings have been up potted and moved to the top of the milk crate.
Also shown are the 3 cuttings of
ECSD X Ogers, in their individual humidity domes that I have taken to fashioning out of used tea containers.
It’s crude, but it works great.
I only took one cutting of the ECSD X Ogers before both plants were in flower.
I have no idea which pheno I took the cutting from, but I am hoping it was the OG leaning one.

What lights are those?
The one in veg is an 8 bulb Hot5, and the one in 12/12 is the Phlizon I won on here.
I am extremely happy with the Phlizon.
The only thing I have against the Hot5 is the bulbs on the one I have are a pita to change, so much so, when a couple more bulbs burn out, I am going to switch the veg tent over to LED, as well.

I use to run a 4ft 8Tube HOT5 for years from start to finish. Used 6500k for veg and 2700k for flower. And yeah the tubes can be a bit of a pain sometimes. I actually had pretty good luck mixing 6500k and 2700k for a few weeks after flipping. Then I would run straight 2700k until harvest.Got some really nice buds.
I bought a SF 4000 from Lesso I'm going to use when and if I ever get the time to complete my pantry and build the fking grow room.😋

IMG_4365.jpeg

I have been having great results with my most recent version of the DGAF cloning system.
Here you can see the leaves are touching the sides of the dome.
IMG_4366.jpeg

It looked just fine once it rooted, though.
IMG_4398.jpeg

It got an up pot today, as well.

I use to run a 4ft 8Tube HOT5 for years from start to finish. Used 6500k for veg and 2700k for flower. And yeah the tubes can be a bit of a pain sometimes. I actually had pretty good luck mixing 6500k and 2700k for a few weeks after flipping. Then I would run straight 2700k until harvest.Got some really nice buds.
I bought a SF 4000 from Lesso I'm going to use when and if I ever get the time to complete my pantry and build the fking grow room.😋

I have ran autos under that HOT5 from start to finish, and have been very happy with the yield.

I have ran autos under that HOT5 from start to finish, and have been very happy with the yield.
HOT5s are great if you know how to use them. Just gotta keep them close to the canopy. I usually had mine about 4" from the top of the girls.

What month can you start putting plants outside where you are at?
Way too early for me to be starting garden plants. I may start some cold crops the first of February.

What month can you start putting plants outside where you are at?
Way too early for me to be starting garden plants. I may start some cold crops the first of February.
It varies here in Texas. Possibly late March or early April.I will grow my peppers inside until it's safe to move them outside. I won't start my tomato seeds until late February. Peppers you can grow year round.
I had some that were 4 yrs old but I finally decided to start new ones.

It varies here in Texas. Possibly late March or early April.I will grow my peppers inside until it's safe to move them outside. I won't start my tomato seeds until late February. Peppers you can grow year round.
I had some that were 4 yrs old but I finally decided to start new ones.
You had pepper plants that lived for 4 years without dying?

When I started out growing, I used HO T5’s start to finish. Like Hopper, I mixed color temperature tubes. Even had a couple with UV A. I am using the 4 bulb 4 ft fixture to veg. The 10000 k color temp is really good for keeping plants squat. There is more than one way to skin a cat…

In temperate environments, pepper plants are grown as annuals due to their inability to survive the freezing temperatures of winter. Though, if pepper plants are brought inside for the winter, keeping them alive for the following year isn't difficult to do – even with limited room.

Peppers in their tropical native Latin American environment are perennials, and can live for several to many years. In temperate environments, pepper plants are grown as annuals due to their inability to survive the freezing temperatures of winter

Yessir. Pepper plants are Perennials brother.
I had Cheyenne and Serrano over 4 yrs old but they got damaged because my dumbass left them out and forgot the temperature was dropping below freezing.😡
So are poinsettia plants. I am in the process of conditioning my wife to stop supporting the senseless killing of millions of poinsettia plants worldwide every year😂 by keeping my poinsettia plants alive for years. She is not amused. I am😂

You had pepper plants that lived for 4 years without dying?
You bring them in and overwinter them. You trim them and give minimal light and water they can even be stored in a garage. Should be kept above 40 degrees f. They will stay alive. In spring bring them back outside. Water and fertilize as usual. You start with a full sized plant in spring.

Latest posts

Back