Pistils turning red

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robo420

doing what I can
Reaction score
I have a plant from bagseed in soil, flowering for about 30 days. The light is a dumpy floro tube, the buds are still pretty small. About 30% of the pistils are turning red. This would be a signal that flowering is almost done right? I thought this thing would still go for another 30 days or so. I know the trichs are a better determinate but I only have a 30x scope at the moment and really cant see much.

robo i would say the minimum is 8 weeks.
dont go off pistals so off trichs.

its the last couple week when the buds get fat.
sounds like you need some lights.
good lights= big buds
5000 lumans per sq. foot. shoot for that and you'll be very happy

good luck and let them go for a little longer (you'll be happy)

30x is plenty to see trichs, do you have any trichs,
hard to bud properly with floros.

I know I am lacking light, I have learned alot from here that will help out next time. They do have some trichs, a pic is attached. They grow slow under this light, but I had everything laying around, it virtually cost me nothing to do. It is what it is right now, next time will be much different. The color changing just scarde me, I didnt expect them to be ready.

030.JPG

031.JPG

034.JPG

The color of the pistils has absolutely nothing at all to do with the maturity of the plant. The only way to tell is by examining the trichs. i would say that at this point you would have very few, if any, trichs to examine. Be patient. You have a long, long way to go.

It looks like Sativa Dominant-which will take a long time. I have some that has been in flower for 30 days and the hairs are a little orange, but trichs have'nt developed globes yet.
I'm guessing I still have about thirty days under HPS.

Plants do look good.
You're learning!!
:)

Gb

The Hemp Goddess said:
The color of the pistils has absolutely nothing at all to do with the maturity of the plant. The only way to tell is by examining the trichs.

What?

The Hemp Goddess said:
The color of the pistils has absolutely nothing at all to do with the maturity of the plant. The only way to tell is by examining the trichs.

What?

The Hemp Goddess said:

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back