Prepping for first grow! :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha, that sounds like a PITA. within walking distance?

I also will have LOTS of time to be able to tend and check my setup. My Grow Journal will be bumped multiple times a day with multiple pictures, and videos to document this grow but mostly so I can ask 1,001 questions.

You guys are going to loathe me. hah! :)

Found this rather helpful to keep around (I think) .. what do you think?

nutrient chart.jpg

Yeah that is a handy scale to hold on to. Don't worry about bugging us with a thousand ?. We love to talk shop when it comes to growing MJ :)

Shortbus: I have to drive across town, about 20minutes away from me. It works out ok as I have to go out every morning anyway which puts me just about 5-6minutes away from it. I wanted to have it at home but the wife wouldn't sleep at night if I did :)

Alright little update.

Got a picture up of the room I'm going to be using. Obviously it needs to be cleaned out, as it was used to store some of my mothers old stuff and some boxes and random things. Just one angle of the room, but I'm hoping to put the tent to the left in this pic (obviously with everything cleaned out)

GrowRoomNeedsClean.jpg

Also, I have a pretty good question...

How is changing your res in DWC bucket system when the plant gets huge?! I can understand doing it up till a point, but my mind starts to boggle when thinking of doing it many weeks into flowering!

The ability for a "side res" really turns me on, but the super bubbling action and "ease" of bucket DWC is even more so getting me!

The good fight continues! :)

just use a different bucket. fill one up and put the plant in there then clean that bucket, fill it up, put another plant in there and repeat.

No, I fully understand that, my point is, when the plant gets large, isn't it going to be hard to transfer to a new bucket? Do you stop changing it out in the end of flowering?

This is all I'm confused about really. Wouldn't want to drop / ruin my plant into flowering.

^ Still need that question answered for sure, but I had another one.

If living in the North East, in my situation (insulated non heated or cooled - unless I do so on purpose) spot above my garage, when should I run lights and dark time? I thought I read somewhere someone ran their lights (obviously speaking 12/12) during the night.

So between "when to run lights" and "how is changing the res on a LARGE PLANT" ... hopefully we'll get some good answers between these two questions :)

Thanks as usual all, and greenest of mojos to all!

its not that bad, the root ball does get rather heavy towards the end though. still, all you have to do is prep your new bucket. pop the bucket pot, lift it up and let the roots drain a bit, then move it to the new bucket.

Thanks Shortbus! :) I just watched a video no more than 5 minutes ago where he lifted it out and it was a clump THE SIZE of the bucket. So it's nice to see :)

What do you think about when to run lights for someone in the North East? (Unless you can't speak for that one)

EllisD said:
What do you think about when to run lights for someone in the North East? (Unless you can't speak for that one)

You do what you have to to maintain the correct temps for your grow, its going to change as the weather changes.

Its going to be a challange in the NE with no heat outside, depending on when you grow.
Also gets plenty hot so you have to be able to adapt.

Indeed thanks Growdude.

Man I'm really going to be bothering you guys for weeks. I'm so diving in head first. Over $1,000 going into something I don't even know if I can make work. Something I could get over a month or 2 into and can STILL ruin my product.

Just don't want to spend all that money for no reason but making my wife mad. :(

lol.. ok, now that I verbally said that doubt, I think it'll be alright. :D

I live in the southeast and it gets mid 20s at night during winter, and upper 90s in the summer. I run all mine at night. lights on at 9pm, off at 9am. It works to keep the plants warm at night during winter and allows them to run cooler in the summer. :)

You will have no choice in the summer unless that place is incredibly well insulated, you will have to have air conditioning. If you don't like the idea of having a "window unit" in there, you can get the portable units, but they have to have some way to exaust their heated air and their condensated water from the humidity in the air.

I have holes in my floor so that(in the summer) fresh(cooler) air comes in from under my building and gets sucked right into my ac where it is cooled and dehumidified some before being blown up around my tents. I have a vent hose that comes off the ac and goes into my attic exaust vent in the roof of my building. The exaust fans that sit above the tents pull the heated and stale air out of the tents(through the lights to cool them and through the carbon filters to scrub the odors), which in turn pulls the cooled fresh air into the tents from the inside of the building. This setup works well for me in both summer and winter. :)

Wow, nice reply Hushpuppy, thank you so much!

Silly question, but I keep my air stones running 24/7 the entire grow correct? I assume the answer is "absolutely"

EllisD said:
Indeed thanks Growdude.

Man I'm really going to be bothering you guys for weeks. I'm so diving in head first. Over $1,000 going into something I don't even know if I can make work. Something I could get over a month or 2 into and can STILL ruin my product.

Just don't want to spend all that money for no reason but making my wife mad. :(

lol.. ok, now that I verbally said that doubt, I think it'll be alright. :D

LOL--You can "ruin your product" at any time--up to and including the dry and cure. However, diving in head first is the only way to go.

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--You can "ruin your product" at any time--up to and including the dry and cure. However, diving in head first is the only way to go.

LOL.. way to scare me more THG!! :D

I'm just hoping you will all be here in my times of need with proper help. I have the theory in my head, but I'm just imagining loads going wrong lol!

I'm learning not to feed nutes early and not to over feed (or super under feed) and watch the meters like crazy.

I'm thinking of investing a bunch in one of those "all in one" Hanna meters.. Like $150.. but I like watching people take measurements with them. Just throw all 3 testers in and it reads out everything at once.

Only thing is, I'll most likely just get the cheap $35 PPM and PH meters to start hah.

dude, just relax and keep it simple man. lol i see it comin, you`re gonna be in there with them all the time checkin every ten minutes. i think we probably all do it the first grow or 2.

Latest posts

Back