Questions on Supporting Huge plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoking1

Reaction score
How's everybody doing,
I have another few questions I need some input on if you guys could....

I started out with seeds from the netherlands let them get about 18 inches tall then forced flowering to sex them. As soon as i seen hairs develop i returned them to veg state. Now my problem is going to be size, my problem in the past is when they get around 4 to 6 feet tall and a month into flowering they became very heavy and needed to be supported. I tied yarn to the ceiling and then to each branch i wanted supported but this was really a pain in the butt, so i wanted to ask what i could use to support the massive buds two months into flowering? I would like to be able to move the plants and tying them with yarn to the ceiling really limited me to any movment at all.
I thought chiken wire but could use some input from people who have no problem growing large plants.

Another question i have is on these hortilux bulbs. My 1000 watt hps bulb seems to be longer then the hortilux ones i see in hydro stores and wanted to know if all 1000 watt bulbs wether they be hortilux or hps are the same with the same size ends. ( I want to know if they are all standard thread size ) lengh maybe isnt that important but the end that screws into my light is and i didnt want to buy a bulb that didnt fit my unit. Do these hortilux bulbs really increase yields by having more color spectrums and are they worth the money? I've seen them for under 100.00 is this a good price and what will i need to know if i make the switch to a hortilux bulb?

Thanks All..............
Smoking1

You can use tomato stakes. Or those wire cones found at greenhouses and such. They'll fit right in a 5 gallon bucket just fine.

As far as the bulb. I never used one of the "expensive" kinds. I have great results with my 6 dollar 250W HPS bulb.

The multi spectrum bulbs... are not worth the money... most dont even get as many lumens as a normal hps bulb... I went on ebay few years back... I got 10 brand new for $200usd. Normally I pay $60-90.

Latest posts

Back