Smoking pot with mold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viracocha711

Reaction score
My wife bought a bag of pot and when she got it she noticed it smelled like mold...You can't see any mold but you can smell it.

What to do? Is it safe to smoke? Is there a remedy for molded pot? Or should we throw $40 worth of pot in the garbage?

I am just learning to grow my own so I will not have to deal with crap like this but any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

Viracocha711 said:
My wife bought a bag of pot and when she got it she noticed it smelled like mold...You can't see any mold but you can smell it.

What to do? Is it safe to smoke? Is there a remedy for molded pot? Or should we throw $40 worth of pot in the garbage?

I am just learning to grow my own so I will not have to deal with crap like this but any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

I wouldn't advise smoking it as it is. You can make ISO oil from it and the ISO will kill all the mold. Then you just use the oil.

I like to make "spitballs". You take a little oil and smear it on a piece of foil. Then crumble the foil up into a small ball and torch it in a pipe. It messes you up and you can recover moldy weed that way.

Good luck!

OK, I know you are referring to making oil by using rubbing alcohol...Is there a how to thread? I read somewhere how to do it but it seemed a bit extreme...However, molded pot is extreme, huh?

Thanks Stoney, I am so tired of dealing with other folks to get smoke, I wish I could push a fast forward button on my first grow! LOL!

Viracocha711 said:
OK, I know you are referring to making oil by using rubbing alcohol...Is there a how to thread? I read somewhere how to do it but it seemed a bit extreme...However, molded pot is extreme, huh?

Thanks Stoney, I am so tired of dealing with other folks to get smoke, I wish I could push a fast forward button on my first grow! LOL!

I hear ya man. I buy weed once in a great while just to sample the street stuff that's out there. It usually disappoints me. Mine is always better.

You can use Vodka to extract the oil also. It's simple man. Just grind up your weed good and put it into a jar that holds about twice it's volume.

Then put in enough Vodka or ISO to cover the weed. Shake the bejesus out of it and you can either leave it for a week in the ISO like I do to make sure ALL the oils are in solution or do like some do and only leave it in the solution for a few minutes. Then just strain it into a smooth sided glass bowl through some cheese cloth or Mr Coffee filters and let it evaporate in a SAFE place. Not in he house unless it's by a window. You don't want flammable fumes in your house and you sure don't want it to catch fire. I have a screened in porch I do mine on.

Good luck man!

I think your gonna be pissed off if you make oil out of the weed.. my suggestion is to first take it out of the bag.. set it ontop of your cable box with a piece of white paper between the buds and the cable box.. and let it dry for an hour or two... you might still be safe... usually mold will look like crystal on the bud, so give it a reall good look over before you smoke.. if you see some... just give it a rub and the mold should kinda flake off.. its not gone.. but it wont kill you.. if you dry it out first.... i wouldnt suggest smoking it as is tho...

Ive smoked mold weed once or twice in my life.. and im still kicking...
ive even smoked zoomers.. which is a big no no.. and im still here...
so inless you make it a practice of buying ****** weed... you should be safe..

and if you are going to try and extract the good stuff out... try the gumby method.. its simple enough and works well... and only uses ice and cold water instead of ISO...

Thanks guys...The wife is right here with me and she is not going for the oil extraction remedy, although I think it would be neat to try it one day if I had weed to spare. She wants to smoke it now so I guess it will be the cable box and rubbing off the white stuff, YUK!!!!!!!!

Yes, Stoney Bud I am so tired of street weed, especially now that it I can't drive and go get it, I have to be happy with what is delivered to me...But the mold thing is just confirmation of why one should grow their own and I am doing just that!

I find that mold is normally because its commmerical weed..the grower sells to the dealer still damp because it makes him more money..the dealer doesnt want to let the weed dry out.. cause it makes him lose money..and the only person who really suffers is the end user....

But yea.. i always dry out even piff that is slightly damp.. on the cablebox.. its low heat source..and works great..

quick Question, what would happen if you smoked it. head ace or something?

From what i remember... it just tasted like ****, still got you piffed tho..

Vinegar will kill almost all the mold, spray vinegar with a spray bottle on it and have a fan by it, itll dry but mold will die

...UUMMM, it tasted like doo doo but it got me high...I wish my plants would grow faster...:(

lol that sucks man i hope i never get bud like that the stuff i usually get is from a grower that my buddy knows very well and he drys and cures it so maybe thats why ive never seen any moldy bud before

Latest posts

Back