trying new browser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilikebigbuds

Reaction score
has anyone tried the new browser from google? chrome.

I have been using it for about a week and I like it very much.

I was just wondering if anyone else has tried it.

Neo drives a geo said:
I've been loyal to firefox for a little over 18 months now. :p Been thinkin of tryin chrome out but I heard it's got alot of extra junk.

It's actually very fast and not bloated at all. I am a firefox fan myself but I think I may like chrome a little more.

Good point Hman.

I have tried Chrome and find that it is buggy and lacks some features I like like a stop button. I love some of the features like the whole browser does not crash, just a tab (each tab is a separate instance), however Its nice in theory, but I can crash the whole browser pretty easily.

Sticking with Firefox 2.0.0.16 (3.0.1 is still flaky and will not work with some of my websites).

HMAN said:
My favorite so far has been Safari. I'm a little leary of a Google browser. They like to gather a bit too much info on you imo.

I didn't realize that Safari is out for PC; you can see how long it has been since my apple finally kicked the bucket and I got a pc.

hXXp://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/150637/google_amends_chrome_license_agreement_after_objections.html
Google will dump a section of the licensing agreement for its new Chrome browser after some Internet users objected to its copyright implications.

Google said Wednesday it would dump one section of the end-user licensing agreement that gave the company "a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through" the new browser.

Several Web users raised copyright and privacy concerns about portions of the licensing agreement shortly after Google launched Chrome Tuesday. Some critics suggested the language would allow Google to use any Web content displayed in Chrome without getting copyright permission.

LOL.. talk about your "love/hate relationships".. I shore 'nuff have one with "Google".. :(

Latest posts

Back