LST - Diary Of A Low Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pot Belly

Honeywagoneer
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Going to do another journal. This one is going to consist of one Afghani female from seed. Been vegging under MH for several months.

Today is day 1 of flower.

Have been removing top growth to stimulate activity from the lower nodes and have ended up with a nice little bush. I have taken all the new growth and pulled them down so they are all or below horizontal. The top of the plant has been removed. I am going to train her to fill up the sides of the box with a 'flat' canopy, and lower the plant as she grows. Light distance will always remain the same distance from the canopy.

Now that she is in flower, she will not have anymore growth removed.

Soil and nutes -Fox Farm line but some amendments of extra stuff to the grow medium.
Light - 150 W HPS on 12/12.

PB:)

Flower day1.JPG

Flwr day1.JPG

Hey there PB,
Man you might as well bonsai the lady, no wait that is growing as a minamulist. LOL You know that I'm gonna watch and see what ya do.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Goog luck PB. I like the plastic coated paper clips. I notice over time the bare metal ones would kill the portion of stem it was touching.
How long was she in veg before you flowered?

Hey PotBelly...another one 4 me to pull up my milk crate and watch...good luck man..

good luck pb the ladie is lookin great im also doing a Lst and i acualy realy like growing the Lst ,yours is lookin nice and bushy i think we are pretty close togather on this grow mine might be a tad bit older but not much so ill be watching yours for a comparason ,,i hope she grows into a jiant bush for u

HAPPY GROWIN TOM TOM
AND HAPPY SMOKIN

Wow you must love them afghani's :p did you veg it for 2 months then under what sorta MH light?

Great looking bush you have there :hubba: can't wait to see how it turns out :D
K+

screwdriver said:
Goog luck PB. I like the plastic coated paper clips. I notice over time the bare metal ones would kill the portion of stem it was touching.
How long was she in veg before you flowered?

I am using insulated 18 AWG solid core copper wire. I find I can cut it to whatever length and bend each end how I want it.

She emerged from a seed 2 months and 10 days ago. She showed preflowers very early in veg.

akirahz said:
Wow you must love them afghani's :p did you veg it for 2 months then under what sorta MH light?

I do like this strain so far. Going to push her to the limits and go for a high yield on one plant in a small space.

She basked under a 70 watt MH for 2 months 10 days.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Looking great PB. :aok: Them ladies sure do love to be tied down don't they. :p ;)

from PB:
I've found that when you tie em down, they'll produce a lot more for ya!:p

Allright, you two!!! :rolleyes:

Hey PB, she IS looking very nice, and I am looking forward to watching another of your grow journals!! ;)

Well the first week in flower update.

She grew a bit, and is starting to stretch a little. There are little pistils beginning to be visible with an eye loupe. Began first mix of blooming nutes, but still maintinaing N source of nutes so far.

Week 1 - Flower.JPG

LST - Wk 1 Flower.JPG

Hey PB shes a beaut....Shes gunna yeild you some nice sticky budz...:p
Dro:cool2:

I do love watching your grows PB, always some variety. Nice to see a low grow too - very helpful to get tips :D She's lookin like a real beauty!

Hey everyone - we're complete with week 2 of flower for our LST - Low Grow.

She's starting to put on some visible pistils, and stretch. Filling in nicely with plenty of bud sites.

I stopped tying her and now all her energy will be focused on growing up, and producing flowers. Since she's Afghani, and is naturally stocky anyway, I'll have enough height, so as she grows, I'll lower her bit by bit.

LST - 2 weeks in flower.JPG

2 weeks.JPG

2 weeks flwr.JPG

Latest posts

Back