What's in Roddy's Garden Today??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you believe how nasty it's been out there...wind blowing hard daily. We're hoping to get the greenhouse started tonight after the crew gets out of work. The laws here state the building must provide protection from simple break ins, outdoors means you must put a cage around it and make sure no one can simply dig under or break a window out...we're coming up with all the right plans for making it legal!

One thought, put it in the driveway on the concrete slab and tapcon it down. For protection from breaking the walls in, we've found some great cattle fencing sections (5.5'h x 16'l sections), we're thinking we can screw them directly to the inside framing which will really add structure to the whole set-up! Problem, we'll need to cut down my apple tree for this to work....not that I care about the apples, I do hate to cut a good tree down, though!

Another thought, clear a spot in my yard right beside my fence, then put it right on the ground, staking it down. I'd st large landscaping boulders around the base so no digging would be simple, would still use the cattle fencing for break-in protection. Problem here is it's more work (no biggie, just take longer and cost more) and would be on my property line so the elderly lady and her relatives could see in.

We'll be working on her tonight, I'll try to get pics if we get her up (which I believe we will, even if not placed)!

Inside, I have clones clones and more clones, I've run out of room in veg...and lacking pots LMAO!! My cloning has become better, guess I can stop saying I don't know what I'm doing in that regard!! New cloner on the way, 70 spot...we're gonna clone and sell as well as to grow with! So many have asked me for my OG clones!

I'm cut in several places, as are the rest of the crew, but the greenhouse is now UP! Thin metal pieces was like razor blades at times, one false move and SLICE! All that's left now is to put in the windows, add some hardware and think if I want to keep it or tear it all down and ship it back...buyer's remorse time.

greenhouse 004.JPG

Check out those instructions....all pics, no words...this should be simple, yeah, that's the thought!

greenhouse 007.JPG After a few hours of putting the base together and getting most of the simple framing done, the two of us were joined by the second shift (there were 6 of us total after the first few hours), we really started seeing progress. Unfortunately, we also saw the instructions less. :(

greenhouse 010.JPGgreenhouse 012.JPG

Simple, really, until you have to get the thin metal on the thin plastic panels...then better be careful! No serious issues thus far, she's going up well. Work has slowed though, a few breaks and the heat of the sun...

greenhouse 014.JPG

Back wall is up! I spent much of the time holding that stupid section up, the slight wind wanted to demolish it. Kept me from any of the "heavy" work...lol Hey, the man who supplies the breaks should get the gravy jobs, right?

greenhouse 015.JPG

We have a roof!! This thing has 2 vent windows (we're working on them), she should keep fairly cool!

greenhouse 016.JPG

And there she is. I didn't get pics of the seriously flimsy door which, IF we decide to keep her, will need some tricky modification. This thing cannot be broken into simply, or we're not legal! We've found and are gonna fit this gal with metal fencing which will not only make it much more sturdy, but hopefully legal!

The door is the main issue, we're not happy and not sure we can make it work. If we decide to keep her, we'll also need to move her onto a pad in the yard (we've got to decide where and put in the crete pad)...neighbor's lights had this thing lit up like day last night! :( IF we decide she's staying, we still have a LOT of work ahead of us. But, she is up.

I'll add that we looked at many kits before buying this one, not the cheapest model, she's double walled (plastic panels) and has upgrades over the cheaper models. HOWEVER< she's not what we expected for our money...if you're looking for one, keep this in mind!

THANKS Dman! :ciao:

OK, grow stuff....another of the basement dwellers is up and getting the chop today, she's been in a battle (as the pics will tell), but she's got some very heavy, solid and stinky buds on her.

OG BABY! 002.JPGOG BABY! 005.JPGOG BABY! 007.JPGOG BABY! 009.JPG

What's in Roddy's GREENHOUSE??? Test plants of various sizes, that's what!! :hubba: :cool: :D :icon_smile: :yay: :yay:

MONSTER! Im seriously addicted to the stuff. A can a day, that cant be good for the liver! Oh well, i dont drink. You win some, you lose some i guess.

Stellar buds Roddy. Enjoy that! And i know your PUMPED about that greenhouse. Ill be watching VERY closely.

Looking great as usual Roddy :ciao: ...the grenn house looks great.. i want one so bad.. drools.......

Aloha
Squidy

:ciao: Drftings and Squidy! The OG is running dangerously low, I may have to *shudder* smoke a different strain from my bin of nugs? None the less :48: hit on this fine tasting hogleg!

Yummy! They're all looking pretty good, fighting for it or not!

Hey GN, THANKS for visiting!! :ciao: Hope all is well with you, my friend!!

Did I mention the new cloner came in and is now 3/4 of the way full of cuttings?? :yay: :yay: I was pretty happy with the guys, ordered a discontinued model for much cheaper than the new model, got the new model anyway!! 77 spot, she will be great for keeping me in clones...and my friends!

Roddy said:
:ciao: Drftings and Squidy! The OG is running dangerously low, I may have to *shudder* smoke a different strain from my bin of nugs? None the less :48: hit on this fine tasting hogleg!

I figured them other bins have something great in them too... am having a hard time feeling sorry for you ... :rofl:

:rofl: I know, it's rough here at the HOUSE OF RODDY!! :ciao: Squidy!

I decided I was merely wasting my electricity and needlessly heating the house with vegging gals in here, I moved them all out to the greenhouse! In the mere few days the test gals were out there, they grew nearly 3x the rate the gals inside did...this is a rough guesstimate, don't call me on technicalities...so I decided why not let them all enjoy the sun? Yeah, they've all been treated for bugs and such, not too worried about bringing them back in....around bud time (for some, some may not come back in). When I say "for bud", I could literally mean a week or two for some, they went in already a foot tall (bondaged down)...

Hey, what's this I see.....an OG ready for harvest???? :yay: :yay:

RUH ROH....looks like Roddy will be CAPT Roddy soon....a ski/fish boat coming my way?? Good possibility.

Here's the pics from the OG waiting for chop, she doesn't look like much with her compact buds, but there's a ton of them on her and she'll do well for harvest! I don't pay much attention to days in bud (really, when they look close, I start checking) and this one threw me, I didn't start checking until yesterday...she's got a few black trichs...

This pheno of OG is great, great OG taste and high as well as nice tight nugs after dry...not the looker of the swelled bud, lanky pheno, but that's OK!

psss.....pay no attention to the messy room.

OG OH MY 001.JPGOG OH MY 006.JPGOG OH MY 009.JPGOG OH MY 010.JPGOG OH MY 011.JPG

More pics, these of the greenhouse....

Greenhouse 001.JPGGreenhouse 002.JPGGreenhouse 003.JPGGreenhouse 004.JPGGreenhouse 005.JPGGreenhouse 006.JPGGreenhouse 007.JPGGreenhouse 009.JPGGreenhouse 010.JPG

LOOK, the trike grew into a BIKE!!! :rofl: :rofl: I love how the sides obscure the view enough that you can't tell what's inside!!

your looking good my friend. what size is your greenhouse? i take it that was a special order size? and will it stand up to a harsh winter?

i've got an idea. why don't you simply build privacy fence around that, with a locking wooden gate? i've always said, ''out of sight, out of mind'', and ''good fences make great neighbors''.;) :)

your og looks yummy. :icon_smile:

It's a kit I found online, it's 8' x 12' and no, not able to hold weight of snow...yet ;) :ciao: Irish! Fence is an option, we're finalizing!!

Here we are, another day and Roddy has been playing with his camera....WOW, I didn't know it could do that! :rofl: Anywho....

Close-ups 003.JPGClose-ups 010.JPG

OG nugs hanging for the dry. This gal was slightly leafy, but we're not too upset over it!

Close-ups 011.JPG

Drying cornroll bud from previous trim

Close-ups 012.JPGClose-ups 013.JPG

These two gals are Anastasia, check out those crazy buds! Huge, thick and crazy shaped...loving it! About a week, maybe two before the chop.

Here's the deal, we're moving upstairs to the veg room with the few remaining gals so we can clean the basement completely before bringing the gals (and several more) back down! I know, I know, stress....but it must be done, I need the bud room and the veg room gets far too hot for budding this time of year. No biggie, very little trouble to it and we'll definitely be quick and careful!

Yeah, it's a bit of work, moving lights around, but we have 2 spares that'll light the veg room (used to be my bud room) perfectly! When we're finished, the basement will really be set up and we won't have fear of any stray pollen or whatnot.

We've been mulling a little modification as well, digging the MI basement out a few feet deeper? Shovel and bucket project, it'd take a few days tops (not whole basement, just the 20'x8' area I grow in, roughly) and would give us headroom for bigger plants...we could even leave it dirt and plant right to ground INSIDE???? Not sure how that'd work due to ground temp, though....

thoughts???

More pics 005.JPGMore pics 006.JPG

Anastasia bud again, check her out! There's a couple of colas on her...and some crazy buds! Look in the background of the first pic, see the lanky and very wiry Northern Lights behind her? Crazy leaves, some of them have offset blades on a 5-blade leaf. I kept her even though she is ugly...she's got a lot of nodes even though she doesn't look it, she's just got seriously thin shade leaves which makes her look barren.

More pics 008.JPG

mmmmmm, Somango!! You can't even brush a leaf without lemony madness filling the room, she's really sticky and smelly! That cola is one of a pair, both are about 16" long or so.

More pics 015.JPG

Here's the Anastasia crazy buds I mentioned, check that out! There are several of these "twin" buds, one bud site, 2 buds....MUTANT! This gal is really frosty and has a lemony scent to her! She'll be a provider for certain, those colas in the first shots are heavy heavy, thinking I could knock someone out with one :hubba: :D

Latest posts

Back