Sea Of Grean!! First Grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TITAN

Reaction score
Well hello everyone,
I am a new member and this is my first grow and grow journal. anyways,
here's my setup: nothing special.. this is all I could do and afford.

I have 3 clones in 1 18qt pot with MG organic choice potting soil.
the clones are now 3 weeks old and had 5-8in roots when I transfered from cups to the pot.

I have 7 75watts flour lights give about 5000+ on 27/7 light.
this is all being done in a 2ft wide, 5ft long, 6ft high closet. I know my conditions could be better, but, what can I do? lol

moving on, I do NOT want these big, nor an I looking for great quality or high yeild. I just want them to flower and produce something. haha

i am going to be switch to 12/12 lighting in a few days. They look healthy enough. it might be pushing it, but why not try. I have heard you can go to 12/12 lighting right away with rooted clones. If you want...

below are todays pictures of my clones. each pic is a different clone. 3 all together.

1 is romulan
1 is sour diesel
1 is blackdot

I am actually not sure if they are female or male yet. hopefully I don't have a problem with that. lol

I will keep pictures updated. this is going to be a full flour. grow, all the way through flowering.

thanks

clone 1 10.26.jpg

clone 2 10.26.jpg

clone 3 10.26.jpg

all clones 10.26.jpg

I just went to wal mart and saw some 4' flours for like $10 that are 40watts but give off 3000 lumens. would those be better than the lights I am using or would they be hot.

I need to get those things in thier own pots ASAP. They are gonna get root bound fast like that.

Where the roots get tangled and die off. I am using the wal mart lights and ballasts. If you dont seperate those now you have a good chance of them dieing.

i though that's what sea of green was. a few small plants in a pot. i am going to be changing to 12/12 on monday. if I repot, should i wait longer so they can get comfortable in the pot again.

No a sea of green is having both veg and flower in the same area so you have a constant harvest about weekly or monthly. generally a large grouping of plants.

Celebrity Bob said:
Where the roots get tangled and die off. I am using the wal mart lights and ballasts. If you dont seperate those now you have a good chance of them dieing.

They won't die off. It will stunt the plants growth. A sog is many plants in a small area with only the top main cola being focused on. You can do it with a "tray" pot like a large rubbermaid...If they are all female clones that might be a good way.
The time you have to worry about tangled roots is when they are all from seed...and a male pops up and you rip the male the roots will rot and mess up the other plants ;)

so, if i change to 12/12 lighting this weekend, will they be fine in this 18qt pot? i want small plants and yield/quality doesn't matter.

also, would those 4' flours that are 40watts and 3050 lumens each for $10 be better than my 3 75watts flours giving 725 lumens each.

i was going to keep the 3 75 watts flours giving 725 each and buy 2 of the 40watt 3050 lumen 4' flours.

would that be good.

TITAN said:
also, would those 4' flours that are 40watts and 3050 lumens each for $10 be better than my 3 75watts flours giving 725 lumens each.

i was going to keep the 3 75 watts flours giving 725 each and buy 2 of the 40watt 3050 lumen 4' flours.

would that be good.

i used those 4' floros on my first batch, they did alright but nothing to write home about. i'd put your 75's in a row on top, and 2 4' flo's at a 45 degrees on each side...look across the isle from where 4' assembly is, you'll find the 2700k red grow bulb for like 5 bucks....they do MUCH better for flowering...as for your 3 plants in that same pot...i'd pull all 3 at once, carefully separate them, replant and give them a BIG drink with some nutes....just throwing in my .02-grabbin my change-and running away

Ok... everyone.. I updated my grow room tonight.

I transfered them into their own pots and I added two 40watt 4' T12's for an extra 6000 lumens. I kept the 3 75watts one as well. thats an extra 2100 lumens. why not.

so what do think. will this setup work better for my plants. i was planning on still changing them to 12/12 this weekend. I want them to be small.

any advise would be great.

I put the 2 T12's up top and the the smaller one going veritical along each plant.

I am wondering, should I put the smaller ones horizontal along the back. would that give each plant more light?

3 close up.jpg

new grow room.jpg

lower the top light to about 2 inches from the plant and if u can set those on the wall closer and on top you will get better coverage for your plants,i used those 4foot wallyworld lights,i had 4 going wasnt nuthin like my hid execpt the heat:eek: lol.goodluck lookin good.PS

ok... thank you for the tip. I moved my plants 2-4" from the T12's.

i am actually thinking about taking back the 3 75watt/725 lumens one and just putting 2 more 4' T12's. that would be about 12,000 lumens.

would that work better?

honelstly u should have went with the 42 watt cfls twiryl ones,but if u want i would use all t12's if u set them up correct they should work.im more of a hid person all in all,energy heat and **** is the same to me.others may differ but from my experience if u have the money and ok size grow space i'd go with the 400 watt mh/hps conversion u can get it all ready to go timer and all at htgsupply.com under 200 buckaroos,im looking into the digital ballast set up now less energy and heat.GoodLUck PS have fun you have now been bit by the grow bug!

yeah.. I sadly dont have the funds. I saw the cfls twirly ones and didn't know exact ones to get and they didn't say the lumens or I think it was like 1300. aren't these t12's better since they are 3000 each. plus, dont you have to have a lamp or something for each one.

TITAN said:
yeah.. I sadly dont have the funds. I saw the cfls twirly ones and didn't know exact ones to get and they didn't say the lumens or I think it was like 1300. aren't these t12's better since they are 3000 each. plus, dont you have to have a lamp or something for each one.
they all work fine its just what u prffer or can afford.if u want check out my journal 9 cali orange started aug 12 2007.u can see how the hid light work,cause i have a feeling u will upgrade oneday,and 200 dollars is not a bad deal.:) goodluck i also ahve a vegg box 4 42 watt cfls its a test room want to have a mother oneday!

thanks for the tip. I saw your 4 42watt cfl box. not bad.. i will check out the cfl tomorrow but i will probably just buy another 2 t12's. that would be eastiest right now. 4 over the top of the plants would be pretty good. plus for both 4' bulbs and the hanging hold only cost my $17 total.

TITAN said:
thanks for the tip. I saw your 4 42watt cfl box. not bad.. i will check out the cfl tomorrow but i will probably just buy another 2 t12's. that would be eastiest right now. 4 over the top of the plants would be pretty good. plus for both 4' bulbs and the hanging hold only cost my $17 total.
those clones if i was u i would put them under 24 hour light take clones when they bush out if there from cali and a clone they are deffinit fem.and growing from seed is more risk taking if u can have one vegg and another vegg/flower clone room just a idea for you.sour diesel is worth mothering unless u can get clones allday! PS goodluck.

Latest posts

Back