the begining-2nd grow-hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilikebigbuds

Reaction score
here are some pics of my babies. pics

the biggest ones are afghaan dreams from BC seed Co.
they seem to be doing well now, the begining was slow.

the skinny drouping one was planted at same time and is a
Dutch passion seed called Mazar. I dont know what to do with this kind.
I was hoping for some help here.

the 2 in the shed where started a couple of weeks ago at the same time and as you can see one is doing well and the other.... well it's trying hard to stay alive and grow. those 2 are under 400 watt blue light and they are mazar. I was trying again.

the rest are under 1000 watt blue.

when I first started this they where all under 1000 watts red. some guy who thinks he knows every thing said that doing that would be fine and the plants would grow the same?? i did't know, so thats what I did. I bought the equipment from him at his store.

also when I seed them, as soon as they sprout I put them under florecents until I see roots coming out of the rock wool bottom then I move them to blue lights.

any thoughts, suggestions and just plain ol loving help would be very much appreciated! hugs to you all!

IMGP0437.JPG

IMGP0435.JPG

IMGP0446.JPG

IMGP0447.JPG

IMGP0439.JPG

IMGP0445.JPG

IMGP0444.JPG

IMGP0443.JPG

Waterfarms work great! :hubba:
I would heap up more hydroton over your rockwool, this will prevent alagae and keep the drip ring from spitting nutes on your plants leaves.

Good luck!

Hello again, I think you figured out the problems with the Mazar and everything else looks pretty good. What are you feeding, and how much (PPMs including the 250 for your water)? I think I might see some nute burn, nothing major but a little bit. I also have some of those units, I like them. Also the pH is good, right? (5.5-6.5) I think I recall you saying you used pH down to correct....I think, short term memory loss.

Also the guy who sold you the lights is right, blue for veg red for flower, you can also do both if you have the resources a 1000 watt is a great light too, I'm jealous I still don't have a 1000 watt, I bought a puppy instead LOL. Also switching the lights like that is fine IMO no big deal especially in veg.

snugs- about two weeks ago the heat was out of control, we had some warm weather and I didnt have the central air on and my son had his girl friend over so I couldnt open up the door to the room. I have since then solved that, I had no trouble with my first grow using my 400 watt and was not expecting the heat that 1000 watt gives off.

and yes I do believe when they where seedlings they got a but fried, I misunderstood my sons instructions with the nuitriets ( fixed the problen in one day, thats all it took to notice the change) and for a week we where in suspence. thats how I lost some of them two afghaan survived so the bottom leaves are a bit krispy. but all the new growth seems to look good.
as soon as I realized what I had done I started germin new seeds. that how I ended up with so many now.

I have a filter for my water and will be testing it out in the morning!:D

here are some new pics, I have noticed one of my Afghaans is getting yellow, I checked the ppm and it was at 650-700 so I flushed it and got the ppm at 400, hope it looks better tomarrow. I am planning on flushing all the buckets in the morning with my filtered water.:)

also two of these plants are from kind :) seed but my boy can't remember what. so the tension is mounting. I am hoping for girls. I raised 4 boys! I want girls!

I was just reviewing my grow journal and the Afghaans sprouted April 1st
the two unknowns sprouted on the 19th of April
and one one good looking plant in my shed is a Mazar, it sprouted on the 18th and was under florencents for only four days before I moved them to the 400watt blue light. so I did get one to grow! yay for me!:D I thought that one was an Afghann, but it does look a bit different than the others.I hope it's a girl!

IMGP0492.JPG

IMGP0502.JPG

IMGP0494.JPG

IMGP0505.JPG

IMGP0496.JPG

IMGP0500.JPG

IMGP0501.JPG

IMGP0506.JPG

IMGP0510.JPG

does my hydrotron look high enough now? do I fill it to the edge?

Why not put the hydroton all the way up to the rings or even cover them?

The top of the hydroton and plant leaves dont ever need to be wet.
Might prevent algae problems down the road.

and what kind of nutes are you using and what feeding schedule??

I am using general hydroponics-floragro:)
the ppm is currently around 500, except that yellow one, two days ago it was just a little yellow and the ppm was at 350 so I raised it to 500 and then it really turned yellow so I dumped out half the water and added just clean water and got the ppm to 400 hope it looks better tommarow.

how often should I raise the ppm? I usually wait until I see a lightening of the green on top then I boost it, perhapse I am boosting to much at a time?:eek:

my rings are just a bit taller than the edge of the bucket, I could raise the clay to the edge of the bucket,
by the way, when I was checking ppms tonight, I noticed my nice big green one has roots about 8inch hanging into bucket now and they look very good.

leaves are not usually wet, I was cleaning the rings tonight before I took my pics, when I pull those off to wipe down water splashes around a lot. I am sooo glad I covered my carpets with 4ml plastic before I set up my system. for the most part my floors stay dry and so do the leaves.

the humidity in that room stays around 52-55% using this system, when we used just water pump/drip type hydro system the humidity was always lower around 42-45% so another good reason for using this system.

On the 7th I emptied 4 of my 10 buckets and replaced with distilled water. the other six I used filtered well water. WOW what a huge difference this has shown me! tonight I emptied the other 6 and replaced with distilled water also. I still do not completely understand why the hard water is so detrimental to the growth but I can see with my own eyes the difference in growth from just 7 days.

the excitement is building! we are now debating on when to start the 12 / 12 for these plants :fid:

the buds on the tray are a bonus pic, just showing off my mothers day gift!:D

IMGP0548.JPG

IMGP0551.JPG

IMGP0554.JPG

IMGP0555.JPG

IMGP0511-1.JPG

here are some new pics of my grow,

I did the math and the two largest planets are 44 days old today,

the 2 second largest are 40 days old and the rest are 17 days old

those 3 of the biggest are Afghan dream from BC seed co. their approx total height is 2-3 ft they are now about 7 inchs tall, they take 45 days to flower indoors, I worked all day to get my vegging room ready so I can use this room for flowering, the other large one is a Mazar from dutch passion seeds, that one takes 8-9 weeks to flower and will get 5+ ft tall,
I have plenty of room for it.

I am seeing no signs of males yet but I'm sure soon after I start the 12/12 cycle I will, I will also be changing the light blub in my flowering room,
I'm using 100watt MH right now but for flowering I am planing on switching to a 1000watt HPS ****

that last pic is a deformed something, it is 17 days old, I am trying to decide if I should let it go and see what becomes of it or make room for something healthy, what's the thoughts on that?

I am very excited and I am seeing signs of females, but as my grow partner (my son) reminds me we thought that last time and as soon as we started the flowering cycle a few (3 of 5) males popped out and we didnt catch one in time and it ruined my only two girls. it was my first grow and I used bag seed. I learned a lot from that first trial run.

so check it out! feed back is always appreciated, I love to exchange with like minded souls!

May peace be in your hearts and love fills your souls, Live your life for the pure joy of lifes experiences:heart:

IMGP0573.JPG

IMGP0574.JPG

IMGP0563.JPG

IMGP0567.JPG

okay, I get it, you guys are shy.:cool:

thats okay, I dont mind journaling to myself.

heres an update picture of my farm!

starting 12/12 very soon!:holysheep:

IMGP0584.JPG

IMGP0586.JPG

IMGP0595.JPG

Ive been wathchin, see you got that yellowing takin care of and the farms are workin great it seems!

:watchplant: I did indeed!

I started adding GH micro nuits on friday and they are turning a beautiful dark green! :hubba: there are tons of branches under those big leaves with lots of growth coming from every where! I read on the plant discription from the place I got these seeds and they get 2ft when flowered! yeild est to be 135gm per sqm

they are all at about 550ppm now the micro's brought the ppm up 50.

I have noticed they like the nuits in very small doses when I raise it.

I started 6 more seeds yesterday! :yay: 2 Isis, 2 Ice Cream and 2 white berry!

I am just loving this! I maybe even a little obsessed these days I am dreaming of fields of beautiful buds with sweet smells and colors!

I am blessed! thanks for watching!:farm: :heart: :heart:

Looks good, you're doing good with that set-up. Nice tight plants too nice and green. Keep it up and thanks for the pictures.

The babies are looking good so far. Nice and healthy. Definitely keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Subscribing to your thread! I haven't had a lot of time to dig through MP for interesting threads, but I saw your post in the Hydro section and it caught my attention. I'll be watching the rest of the grow, hope you get those runts to snap out of it!! Good luck!

Latest posts

Back