Eastern Australia First Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's some info about montys if you are interested ...A broad use root zone foliar plant food which is high in essential major and trace elements. This formulation promotes new growth, root and top growth and larger foliage

Monty’s most active ingredient is a new molecular structure called Humigin.

Humigin is a lightweight molecular structure that is incomplete, therefore creating a “hungry molecule”, giving these product properties unlike any other plant food.

The abilities of this unique structure are quite phenomenal. First, this product enables a plant to access more area of soils with a much larger root zone. Second, this product wants to attach itself to nutrients previously thought locked up in the soil, therefore making the plant much more efficient. So efficient, the plant will be able to access amendments already in the soil by approximately ten fold. (example) Calcium for instance. Instead of the plant up taking 2-3%, the plant can up take 20-30% of the amended product.

Extra benefits of Monty’s reduced molecule structure is the ability to attach itself to most herbicides, pesticides and fungicides enabling quick trans-location throughout the plant to the root zone with increased efficiency.
(Always conduct a simple jar test for compatibility).

The Application of Monty's has shown a more advanced root system versus those not treated with Monty's. These observations have also shown that a plant better utilizes applied systemic herbicides, pesticides & fungicides.

Monty’s contains very little salt and will eventually lower the need for large amounts of lime on the soil that results from using large amounts of dry chemical fertilisers that contain high levels of salt.

The processed humic substance, that is unique to Monty’s, acts as a buffer to prevent burning and enables both applied nutrients and nutrients present in the soil, to be better utilized. there you have it .. good luck

Hey thanks heaps for the advice and info ... :)

Will be sourcing some Monty’s Plant Food tomorrow for sure. I just had a little Google and see plenty of sites so shouldn't have too much agg obtaining.

Cheers

Smoko said:
Hey thanks heaps for the advice and info ... :)

Will be sourcing some Monty’s Plant Food tomorrow for sure. I just had a little Google and see plenty of sites so shouldn't have too much agg obtaining.

Cheers
just start your girl on 1/4 strength mix for 1 month then ...up to 1/3 strength for the rest of her LIFE ! watch for RESULTS! WOW ! made in russia/america too (so much for australia)

purplephazes said:
just start your girl on 1/4 strength mix for 1 month then ...up to 1/3 strength for the rest of her LIFE ! watch for RESULTS! WOW ! made in AUSTRALIA OI OI OI
Noted! ... ;)

Oh and since last post I've had a little look online to see about buying some and not heaps of options ... :(

There's a place not TOO far so will venture out if needed, but would be handy if I could get some at Bunnings.

Where you gettin yours from?

Smoko said:
Noted! ... ;)

Oh and since last post I've had a little look online to see about buying some and not heaps of options ... :(

There's a place not TOO far so will venture out if needed, but would be handy if I could get some at Bunnings.

outta bundy a mate works out there and supplies a litre to me in the spring ill check some thing out and pm you ....cool with that ??

purplephazes said:
outta bundy a mate works out there and supplies a litre to me in the spring ill check some thing out and pm you ....cool with that ??
the supplier is makin contact via email today or tomorrow ! will let you know the shops to obtain it from there is one in buderim are you near there! being east coasty !

purplephazes said:
Got the pm, thanks.

There's an outlet 30 mins from here, so gonna go grab some asap

Cheers

I'd really appreciate any views on this:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Searles Liquid Potash Plus[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Boosted potassium fertiliser - 20% potassium (K).
• Contains added phosphorus - 4% phosphorus (P).
• Is concentrated,- one litre of concentrate makes 1000 litres.
• Is designed to be used as a regular foliar feed and soil drench and to assist in disease and frost resistance.
• Improves flower colour and fruit production.

Searles® Liquid Potash Plus is a high analysis fertiliser for promoting bigger and better flowers, improving fruit size, fruit quality and quantity and improving vegetables. It also helps to develop hardy plant growth and disease resistance.

Searles® Liquid Potash Plus contains added phosphorus for improved response and greater performance.

Potash - (potassium) is an essential plant nutrient. It helps to produce and form colourful flowers and improved fruits and it plays a vital role in thickening and strengthening plant cell walls, thereby improving disease and frost resistance.

[/FONT]

A few more pics ... :)

To the untrained eye, apart from some yellowing of the bottom leaves, everything seems to be going ok?

250420091385.jpg

250420091388.jpg

250420091389.jpg

250420091390.jpg

250420091394.jpg

250420091396.jpg

250420091401.jpg

250420091402.jpg

250420091404.jpg

250420091406.jpg

Hey Smoko they look good! You can always add more light, but you probably already knew that. The only little problem I can see is that they have a slight nutrient burn- the tips look burnt. Did you just feed them? If they get worse you might need to flush them- and next time you feed use a little less nutrients. How long have they been flowering?

Smoko said:
Noted! ... ;)

Bunnings = WALMART+LOWES+WALLYS to my U.S counterparts

Smoko said:
A few more pics ... :)

To the untrained eye, apart from some yellowing of the bottom leaves, everything seems to be going ok?
Mate odd looking strain but lookn staunch. i reckon its just the flowering thats causing yellow leaves may be add some PK . P 10/13,K 14/18 IMO Dunno to much bout soil grows but i know this can be acheived at bunnings off the shelf organic or chemical jus mix em up cost $70 max ;)

GrowinGreen said:
Hey Smoko they look good! You can always add more light, but you probably already knew that. The only little problem I can see is that they have a slight nutrient burn- the tips look burnt. Did you just feed them? If they get worse you might need to flush them- and next time you feed use a little less nutrients. How long have they been flowering?
They've been flowering for 3 weeks now, but NOT getting any nutrients!! ... so no, not just been fed!

I can't add any more light, but they ARE getting 6 odd hours per day of some of the strongest sun rays out there!

All I can do for now!

No views on post 88???

Smoko said:
I'd really appreciate any views on this:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Searles Liquid Potash Plus[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Boosted potassium fertiliser - 20% potassium (K).
• Contains added phosphorus - 4% phosphorus (P).
• Is concentrated,- one litre of concentrate makes 1000 litres.
• Is designed to be used as a regular foliar feed and soil drench and to assist in disease and frost resistance.
• Improves flower colour and fruit production.

Searles® Liquid Potash Plus is a high analysis fertiliser for promoting bigger and better flowers, improving fruit size, fruit quality and quantity and improving vegetables. It also helps to develop hardy plant growth and disease resistance.

Searles® Liquid Potash Plus contains added phosphorus for improved response and greater performance.

Potash - (potassium) is an essential plant nutrient. It helps to produce and form colourful flowers and improved fruits and it plays a vital role in thickening and strengthening plant cell walls, thereby improving disease and frost resistance.

[/FONT]
HI sorry didnt see this b4. Got a lil pissed last nite this stuff sounds good dont know F.A bout soil growing but its got what you need 4 bloom.n a pic of NL the day it got chopped note the yellow leaves plant was in perfect condition n a realy great smoke 3.5 0z off this plant alone but vegd for 5 weeeks

ive done some outdoor grows here in OZ and i use "professors' plant food. get it for any decent hydro shop. It's always served me well... just don't over do it and you'll be fine.

pics look good, if you're getting nute burn i find giving them a 1/3 strength mix sucks out the existing food in the medium while still feeding them. less is more :)

they appear to be 'stretching toward the light tho. I would probably look at some different sort of reflector, but thats for next time.. not much you can do now.. just my opinion

pontiff said:
ive done some outdoor grows here in OZ and i use "professors' plant food. get it for any decent hydro shop. It's always served me well... just don't over do it and you'll be fine.

pics look good, if you're getting nute burn i find giving them a 1/3 strength mix sucks out the existing food in the medium while still feeding them. less is more :)

they appear to be 'stretching toward the light tho. I would probably look at some different sort of reflector, but thats for next time.. not much you can do now.. just my opinion
Thanks for your input ... :)

Yeah to be honest we're just happy they've got to this stage. It's all a learning curve for us, but now we see we CAN grow sommit that we'll hopefully enjoy smoking. We'll probably source out some more suitable seeds mabe. Who knows!

Anyway, an update for anyone interested.

Currently 4 weeks and 5 days since the 2 went into flowering.

They're starting to smell a bit now ...lol, but the plant that we've always called No1, well it smells weaker than out No2. No1 smells more fruity we think, but no2 def smells more skunkier! (if a word ...lol)

Either way we're chuffed as I say.

No3 has been on 24/7 light but recently showed hairs on it's own ... :confused: ... and as 14" tall now, we've thrown her into the 12/12 gang as you'll see in the pics.

We're giving bloom nutes every other feed and at a 1/4 strength. They've had 2 feeds so far.

No1 & No2 are getting 4 - 6 hours of decent sunlight at the mo. I think they like it! ... :D

So a few pics.

Pic 1 - The three together,

Pic 2 to 5 - Plant No1

Pic6 - Plant 3 that goes into flowering tonight,

Pic 7 - 10 Plant No2 (along with it's little critters ... :mad: )

Oh and I know "more light more light!" ... but with the given circumstances, it's all we have.

SERIOUS consideration is going into getting a 250w HPS, but we'll see how we go!

Thanks for looking.

070520091472_002.jpg

070520091476_002.jpg

070520091477_002.jpg

070520091478_002.jpg

070520091479_002.jpg

070520091480_002.jpg

070520091482_002.jpg

070520091483_002.jpg

070520091484_002.jpg

070520091487_002.jpg

Hi there smoko ..i just bought some Manutec bloom booster and have used it on my tomatoes with flowering results in 7 days at half strength and a full moon ! anyways its got what you need or gotta go close IMO 500g packet N=6.2 P=14.6 K=16.8 its good pk levels dude ! but i'd use quarter strength to 3 weeks then 1/2 on Mj $9 at Big W hope that helps good luck ! peace! PS its dissolvable 5g per 5 litres.. so try 2 grams @ 8-9 litres ish !! Made in China ??

purplephazes said:
Hi there smoko ..i just bought some Manutec bloom booster and have used it on my tomatoes with flowering results in 7 days at half strength and a full moon ! anyways its got what you need or gotta go close IMO 500g packet N=6.2 P=14.6 K=16.8 its good pk levels dude ! but i'd use quarter strength to 3 weeks then 1/2 on Mj $9 at Big W hope that helps good luck ! peace! PS its dissolvable 5g per 5 litres.. so try 2 grams @ 8-9 litres ish !! Made in China ??
Thanks mate appreciate the call, but we've been using that Potash stuff now and so far so good! ... :)

To be honest with replies on here so poor I'm pretty much doing this alone, so in the hands of the gods if it works!

I know these plants aren't gonna be to their potential, but it'd be nice to get the odd comment to know if it looks like we'll make it. As I say I wouldn't know!

Oh well.

Latest posts

Back