please help really quick question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TokeWithHope

24/7 toker
Reaction score
hey guys i know its the wrong column but i just needed a fast answer. to germinate seeds is it ok to use bottled water, drinking water or something? if i dont have any distilled water? i also have a hanna ph tester but idk how to use it yet :(

hahaha! i know thats gonna be my biggest problem. i love them so much already and their only seeds! but thanks guys. im gonna use some purified water and germ them now!

Toke , i got great results when i had the temperature warm in about 25 degree's , so what i did is , i used 1 plate and 1 bowl . i had the seeds on a kitches papertowel which is like a tissue but in strong material . i had that wet with not cold water for the hands but somwere where it feels a bit warm. i cover the seeds both sides with the tissue , then i use VERY HOT water on the bowl , until the bowl is soo hot to touch ... after that i shake it to remove 50% of the heat then i put the bowl on top of it ... the humidity will be good for them and i got great germination results. after every 3 hours and a half come back and heat that bowl... and in the end of the day flip the tissue and do the same thing. for the 3rd day use a PH6.5 water . use distilled white vinegar to adjust the PH , 1 drop of that in a 350ml will make your water a 6.5 , only 1 drop ... then mix , then sink the tissue in that 350ml for 2 seconds and take it out wait for all the excess water to go by holding it on your clean hands without squeezing just like holding a A4 paperon both hands , after that when you see the excess water is dripping slowly it means the papertowl is still wet , then put it on the plate and press on the places where the seed isnt their , just a bit so more excess water will go , and just pour the water somwere.. and heat that bowl and do the last job , in the next day your sprout will be strong :)

wow crozar thats some work ,,

ok easy option 2 plates ,,paper towel ,,dampen paper towel put on seeds cover with another paper towel wet the top paper towel not to much put the second plate on top so looks like a clam shell ,,put on a cpu ,,television anything that gives out a little heat ,,,24 hrs later they should of germed ,,
i did 16 like this yesterday and this morning they have all gone in soil with half inch taproots :peace:

ps they can take up to a week ,,just remeber to keep paper moist :48:

HippyInEngland said:
Some people seem to make mountains out of molehills ;)

:peace:

:yeahthat: seeds just need to be in a damp dark place. Warmth will help them pop faster,,thats it.

You really need to do some reading--this board is chock full of resources in the, get this, Resources section. And, you really need to get out ahead of your grow or you're gonna break your own heart. You should already have your pots, your soil, your nutes, your lites, a pH meter you can use all lined up and ready to rock. Trust, those beans aren't going to wait on you once they pop.

yeah i have everything i need ready and believe me ive been doing research for months, but on my thermometer it says, 71 degrees inside, and 73 outside. do you think i should add a heating pad?

IMG_0668-1.JPG

IMG_0671-1.JPG

IMG_0672-1.JPG

You could do as UKGirl said: put it on any sort of appliance or dingus that is continuouosly warm. I stick 'em in a paper towel and put them up in a dark cupboard. It's always worked for me at a sucess rate of probably 9 outta 10.

haha well i put them in a paper towel, inside 2 plates in a cupboard... so we will see

That will work fine. No need to make it so complicated, that it takes all the fun and adventure out of it. Mother nature doesn't do much besides rain on the dropped seeds every now and then.

those pics reminds me of my germination way :p ok the above plate heat that so hot then wibble the plate to remove excess hotness , and just put it over the plate just same as your pic ,... do it every 4 hours at the end of the day flip it and do the same for the other bowl plate ..

what? i dont get what your saying? couldnt i just put a heat pad on low beneath it?

Latest posts

Back