My 09 Outdoor Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thinking about bringing my slow flowering OD plants inside. F michigan outdoors. don't know why i bother with it anymore. to many variables here. plants been out 14 weeks, and are just showing pre-flowering. not enough time to finish them.

i'll be bringing in all the KULT, and the blush, and a few others that are predom. indica.

they have already been treated for the move. god i miss my ww. another day.

this year will deffinately be the last OD for us. to many new homes have gone in around us in past 10 years. to many kids running around here now.

more soon...Irish...

What a bummer...my indicas are budding like crazy..got a mazar x afghan that is not doing a thing:( Would you be an Upper? Irish I have relate and prop up there.

I can sympathize Irish. Around here, Mn., we've been experiencing a cooler than normal summer but alot dryer as well. My NLs have just started filling in but like your plants may not have time to finnish before cold temps arrive. That's the reason i do my out door plants in 5 gallon buckets. By mid-september I'll have the cover back on the greenhouse and that will provide plenty of protection for them to finnish up.
When you bring your plants indoors from out how do you minnimize dammaging the root ball? Do you have a problem bringing in bugs with the plants?
Best of luck with your transplants, and take care.

yeah, it's been a much cooler than normal summer here also. have decided to let em go a bit longer b4 we dig em up to come in. but, they will have to come in.

i have a greenhouse kit still in the box.:rolleyes: . told you i was a procrastinator.;) .trying to plan it in with a new jaccuzzi, in the same area. it'll be nice when we finish the project.

always a project going on around here. getting to use my arm a bit now. very easy to overdo it. gotta wrap it, and sling it daily now. dr. was cool with me taking off the cast a few days early.

on to the pics...

What kind of greenhouse kit do you have?

hey duck.:) . it's this kit that makes framing it up real easy. you use 2x2's, treated. theres alot of uses with it, such as a cold frame, utility shed, greenhouse, hot bed, mini barn, dog house, pump house, pet pen, even a tent.

each kit makes a 6 x 8 structure. i have two of these kits duck. the name of it is ez-up structures.

i'll show you a picture duck.;) :) .

Thanks doing a search right now:aok:

What are you using for glazing/cover material?

unsure. thinking about those corrugated plastic , clear panels on the roof, and heavy clear plastic on sides. i have 6 mil.

How is that gonna stand up to the snow? or are you gonna take it down come snow time? Looks like a cool little project.
Thanks

It should be fine in the snow. If you look in the largest tomato thread you'll see mine. I live in Mn. and we get tons of snow. My greenhouse structure is made from a temporary garage covered in 6mil plastic and it stands up to the snow just fine.

cubby said:
When you bring your plants indoors from out how do you minnimize dammaging the root ball? Do you have a problem bringing in bugs with the plants?
Best of luck with your transplants, and take care.

well cubby, i've never grown indoors before last year. so, i'll be winging it on the rootball.:eek: . was going to do clones over this weekend, but something came up that kept me from it. kinda bums me out too bro.;) .

i had to bring some in late last summer. rippers hit me. the few they missed, i brought in... spidermites, and all.:eek: . ended up losing more than i bargained for. lost my beloved ww clones (crying), and some hash plant clones.:eek: .

i have learned by this mistake. it won't happen twice.;) . this time, i will take the clones, and let them root outdoors, while there is still time.
then, once rooted, i will quarantine, and treat them before they even get close to my grow room.;) :cool: .

gotta come over and check out the nls.:hubba: . they starting to look chunky? what do you use for your greenhouse roof? was it a kit? from what i'm envisioning now, could'nt say if it was a kit, or from a diy pvc frame? hmm.

Hey Irish,
Good luck on bringing those plants indoors from out. I've never brought a plant indoors that was growing in the ground. I would assume it would work, but I'd be very careful with that root ball. For me the idea of bringing a plant in from the ground is just never gonna' happen. I have litteraly hundreds of house plants and some I've had upwords of 25 years and I don't want to loose them or have them infested with bugs. I leave them outside in my shade structure from late spring till early fall, then when I get ready to bring them back in the house I put them in a camping tent and spray them so they're not bringing any bugs inside. It's alot of work and takes 3-4 days but it's better than bringing them into the house and fighting bugs all winter long (in Mn winter lasts about 11 1/2 months, or so it seems)
My green house is made from a thing called a temporary garage. It's just a kit of metal poles and a heavy duty white plastic roof. It's 10ft wideX20ft longX12ft tall, but I modified it to suit my needs. First off I didn't use the roof (I actualy use the roof to cover my firewood, does a good job of it too), then I left out one section of the side poles, so instead of being 12ft tall it's only 8ft. Then I left out one section of the roof poles, so instead of being 10 ft wide it's only 8. I left the length at 20ft. Then I used strap hangers to attach it to the 2x12's that make up my raised bed (if you don't attach it to the raised bed, or stake it to the ground some how it's gonna blow away). Then I covered it with 6mil plastic and was done. I did modify it this spring, I added zippers to it for easier access and made a door frame at each end from 2x4's, I was just rolling up the ends for access and ventilation but that thing holds alot of condensation so every time I opened it I got a shower. The zippers make it so much better. I'll actualy be recovering it within the next 6 weeks or so. My tomatos are growing taller than the sidewalls right now.:hubba: But all-in-all I like it, it keeps the snow out in winter, animals out in spring, and if you grow your MJ in pots you can throw them in there to finnish in the fall, no frost, no bud mold.
As to the NL, they are getting really chunky. We had a good bit of wind here yesterday and I was watching them and thinking "thier gonna snap in half" but they just rode it out fine. On two of them, the top 1/3 looks like one huge bud. They are so top heavy I think I'm gonna' stake em'. Theese are the tallest NLs I've ever grown, they range from 36 inches to 50 inches from the soil level:eek: . I'll have to get out there and take some pics.
take care and good gardening.:)

pics of our gorilla grow.:) .

been culling out males every few days now. these are all fems. will try to put some up of the home plot today. enjoy...

and , as promised, the home plot just taken after a nice passing shower.:) ...

3-6-12 are KULT.:) . missed the Blush this time.:confused: . next time...:cool: ...

the home plot just taken after a nice passing shower.

Looking real nice:aok:

I wish that the passing shower would have lasted a bit longer

did the bigger one miss you last evening duck? it rained good, and steady for about 7 hours last night, into early morning. then sunshine all day. then a descent 1 hour shower just before dark.:cool: . and we needed it real bad too.;) ...

some bad ones roared through chi town yesterday, and went north of us. but then we caught a few pop ups off the big lake, earlier in the day. looks like next chance is thursday...

We only got the 1 hour before dark shower, which was not much. They are calling for rain here till tomorrow afternoon. They call for it all the time but it always seems to go around. I am glad I watered today that is for sure.

been a week since showing the home plot. thier chugging along. weather has been unseasonably cool. woke to *60 degrees this morning. feels like bow hunting season.;) .

got a call from my gorilla partner as i'm uploading these pics. say's he's found a keeper male. :cool: . were on our way out to see this dude. if what he's saying is all that, we'll bring this dude into my new male chamber.;) .

heres the pics. enjoy...Irish...

Real nice Irish ...she is throwing the shock off well

Latest posts

Back