1,000 watts HPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGB30

California Medical Card P
Reaction score
Will a 1,000 watts hps light work in a area of 4x4x6.5 or would you need a 400watt hps.

Some strains need a lil mo re light than others..... If I was growing my li bagseed girl... I would say the 400 is OK....... 1K is great, but I think for most everything a 600 would do for that size..... but 200 wats is nearly nothing and it is VERY hard to get toomuch.,.... The more the bette so to speak.

CasualGrower said:
Some strains need a lil mo re light than others..... If I was growing my li bagseed girl... I would say the 400 is OK....... 1K is great, but I think for most everything a 600 would do for that size..... but 200 wats is nearly nothing and it is VERY hard to get toomuch.,.... The more the bette so to speak.

4x4x6.5 is the enclosier I found decent price
Lights & ballast kit I found the 600w with only HPS not switchable to MH so I was just running a I deal off of MP to make sure I would cause damage to my plants.

hey kgb..as long as you can keep it cool, 1000 watt hps is great. They do produce alot of heat, so your probably loosing about 16" in ceiling height, unless you use a cool tube. I use a 1000 watter in a 8'x8'x4' tall space (really the 8x8 is meaningless, except for airflow, because at 4' off the ground the light will only cast so far), no cool tube, but do have ventilation, and manage to keep it at 82 deg. 12" from the bulb. IMO a 600w hps is for you. Good luck

Smoke on...

littlenode said:
hey kgb..as long as you can keep it cool, 1000 watt hps is great. They do produce alot of heat, so your probably loosing about 16" in ceiling height, unless you use a cool tube. I use a 1000 watter in a 8'x8'x4' tall space (really the 8x8 is meaningless, except for airflow, because at 4' off the ground the light will only cast so far), no cool tube, but do have ventilation, and manage to keep it at 82 deg. 12" from the bulb. IMO a 600w hps is for you. Good luck

Smoke on...

You need the Mh to grow right . Then having a spectrum thats is only hps limits you right or no.

i use MH for veg/mother, hps for flower. i see people that are successful using hps for both...but i havent tried it.

KGB30 said:
Will a 1,000 watts hps light work in a area of 4x4x6.5 or would you need a 400watt hps.

I think that either the 600 or 1k would work for you - your decision would be based on the consideration of temp control and adequate air intake/exhaust, number/type of plants and electricity consumption ($). Electricity variance between a 600 and a 1k will be minimal but for some its a factor for budgetary reasons.

A 600W should be perfect for that size. A 600W is also the most efficient. It puts out more lumens per watt, compared to the other bulbs.

I use a 1000 HPS in 4x6x8 flower room...If you can remove the heat as I did then I would go with 1000...600 will be fine for your area but more lumes = tighter buds..good luck

4u2smoke said:
I use a 1000 HPS in 4x6x8 flower room...If you can remove the heat as I did then I would go with 1000...600 will be fine for your area but more lumes = tighter buds..good luck

How do you keep your indoor grow room temper under control and devices would I need to ad to my grow tent so will not have hot spots.

Thanks bro I appreciate the advice thanks

i finally made up my mind, Iwould go with 600hps...if i then found i wanted some 6500K i would either get conversion bulb or supplement with a few flouros for veg. if you plan on setting up mother/clone/veg room later then you may want to spring for a 400MH as well...IMO

lyfr said:
i finally made up my mind, Iwould go with 600hps...if i then found i wanted some 6500K i would either get conversion bulb or supplement with a few flouros for veg. if you plan on setting up mother/clone/veg room later then you may want to spring for a 400MH as well...IMO

Hey Lyfry,
Good morning

I was going with the 1,000w mh/hps because I do both Veg & Flowering.

How would I go about to control the temperature in a 4x4x6.5 Grow Tent the best affencent way.

KGB30 said:
Hey Lyfry,
Good morning

I was going with the 1,000w mh/hps because I do both Veg & Flowering.

How would I go about to control the temperature in a 4x4x6.5 Grow Tent the best affencent way.

Should the fan rotate from side to side moving the air around or not

lyfr said:

How fans do you to help properly cool this area 4xsx6.5 for indow growing.

Anything else please let me know thanks

Latest posts

Back