1.5 Week Vegging period, can it really be done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flight175

Reaction score
This guy claims he does sog with only 1.5 week veg period and still gets smokable bug. He said he gets 4 grams a plant but he said it works. I was just wondering because I wanted to do a small grow like this just to produce some seeds. I have a badass strain and I want to get tons of seeds of it so I was thinking of doing this with like 6 plants or something. If this is possible whats the smalles size pot you could use?

right now theres a thread of a bunch of members growing in 16oz plastic cups and i have seen some nice ones come out..
as far as veg, you can put them to veg as soon as they have roots from what i have read around here..

I am saying 1.5 week veg and the flowering 12/12 light after that. so only 1.5 weeks of 24 hour light then 12/12 after that till harvest. So like this guy said he ended up with his harvest after 2 and a half months from veg to harvest.

yes you can put them to flower 1.5 weeks later, as far as the yield? well your setup, feeding habits, lighting and nutrients are the ones that will determine that from that point on..

flight175 said:
This guy claims he does sog with only 1.5 week veg period and still gets smokable bug. He said he gets 4 grams a plant but he said it works. I was just wondering because I wanted to do a small grow like this just to produce some seeds. I have a badass strain and I want to get tons of seeds of it so I was thinking of doing this with like 6 plants or something. If this is possible whats the smalles size pot you could use?

are you talking from seed or clone? Some people do 12/12 on seed grows right from germination, small plants small buds but it works. as far as clones the best grower I've run across on the forums veges his clones a week in a sog set up- gets an inch growth a day and pulls down OVER 1g per watt. He uses blackgold soil in a bed setup and expensive Advanced Nutrients. Of course he's a Master Grower, somethin I'll never be.:D

hey alaska I am growing from seed. So you are saying 12/12 right when the plant comes out of the ground? I really do not care about yield I just need to stock up on some of these badass seeds for future growing. I am going to do a OD grow with random seeds thats where I'm getting my yields or thats where I plan on getting them.

Ive just planted 3 swazi seeds on sundy and they are about 3/4 of an inch and if i understand wat ur saying is that i can put 12/12 on now? and how long will they take to bud?:confused:

it all depends on the method your using to grow im currently running a sog and i veged for 2 weeks from clone and there already getting out of control there about 2 1/2 weeks into flower

Plants need to be sexually mature before they will bud, you can put them on 12/12 as soon as you want but until it developes alternating nodes it wont flower.

And if you want alot of seeds then you want alot of bud and your not going to get much with a seedling under 12/12 lighting.

Clones are another story, a clone is sexually mature

MR.GREENIE said:
Ive just planted 3 swazi seeds on sundy and they are about 3/4 of an inch and if i understand wat ur saying is that i can put 12/12 on now? and how long will they take to bud?:confused:

Yup! 12/12 as soon as they pop up from the soil. Hard to believe but there was a big argument about it on another forum and the people doing it WON with piks and evidence, multiple growers do it for a varity of reasons one being to get seed fast. I'll find the forum I read the thread on and post it later today, OK.

http://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=51760&highlight=12/12
http://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=25954&highlight=12/12

Growdude said:
Plants need to be sexually mature before they will bud, you can put them on 12/12 as soon as you want but until it developes alternating nodes it wont flower.

And if you want alot of seeds then you want alot of bud and your not going to get much with a seedling under 12/12 lighting.

Clones are another story, a clone is sexually mature

True on the alternating nodes but wrong on the yields as some people are getting up to 4oz doing 12/12 from the get go with seed.

Growdude said:

actually unless he is pollenating a female plant he wont get no buds. if its a male it will only grow seeds. NO BUDS......... which i believe is what he is trying to do.

i just had a plant utside for 3 weeks and it started flowering sacks, like 30 of them and it wasnt even flowering stage yet.

Latest posts

Back